Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Hey friends! I would like to jump in on this thread but I have a binging and purging problem and I don’t want to derail. Can I come in with my days I haven’t don’t that? I guess it would be a binge free day for me regardless! If not that’s totally cool too. Just wondering. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, you can totally join in! There’s a couple people here who have struggled with starving themselves and purged too. Welcome, I hope you find this thread useful! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Hard to find a community to share with. In that case, I’m on day 1 so far. Binging at night is the hardest part for me. I can usually make it all day but bedtime snacks are my downfall.

4 Likes

You’re most welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Day 104 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 105 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congrats on your Day 105!!! Yay!!!

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

How do u feel @Aleyadaisey is every day still a challenge to not binge, or is it becoming more natural and automatic? I am nearly at 3 weeks, but still feel like not binging is requiring a lot of thought and effort. I hope that it becomes something I need to think less about.

2 Likes

It’s getting easier every day. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think I will be somewhat kinder towards myself. Counting the days draws my attention again more towards my eating which I feel is not good . I am nevertheless more attentive to why I eat , being kind and listen. I don’t want to not snack even when it’s maybe better. I don’t want to feel guilty when I eat. I manage to not overeat. This is what matters to me atm .

2 Likes

Day 106 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I am at day 20 . I won’t be much help I guess. Since I have been working on getting sober for awhile the cravings when I finally decided to quit completely were not unmanageable , very brief. Drinking scared the shit out of me because of my medical background and not wanting to leave my 9yr old without a parent. I don’t allow myself to linger in my desire to want to take a drink. Take the attention away from the addiction and put it back on yourself. Whatever else that brings comfort. I love to set the mood and atmosphere of my home with good lighting, sound of my indoor water fountain , the smell of my diffuser with eucalyptus oil or lemon anything uplifting. I spent too much time not taking care of myself great time to catch up. I get in my car and drive to remote places at night cause before I was drunk by 8pm and couldn’t go anywhere. I scheduled everything around my drinking time. The drink controlled me.

4 Likes

Day 107 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

107!! Congrats

1 Like

Thanks so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Managed three weeks but today didn’t eat for almost the whole day, which led to a binge at night. Well, while not great, one binge won’t cause too much weight gain if it stays a one off.

1 Like

Day 109 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face: Apparently I missed day 108. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not good. I hope you were able to get back on track after that. How was today?

1 Like

Day 110 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes