Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 536 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 101 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 537 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 102 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

94 days no binges

I cannot believe I am nearly at triple digits for this. My relationship with food has always been shit. It has been my nemesis and comfort since I was a young teenager, way before alcohol. I have always thought about weight and food constantly. That I am eating normally blows my mind, not swinging between binging and starving, just regular meals, with the odd unexpected treat from my husband or inlaws that I can just accept and move on from. It is totally alien to me.

11 Likes

Congratulations! Itā€™s huge! Itā€™s a great achievement!

3 Likes

Really awesome Fleur!! Big congrats this is a very big deal! You must feel like a mountain has fallen off your chest!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome Fleur! Congratulations on coming this far! Keep up the good work! :clap:

1 Like

Day 538 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 103 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been sober for almost 7 months now, that is going great! However, Iā€™ve been struggling with getting my eating under controlā€¦ Since I quit alcohol and cigs back in November, Iā€™ve lost 20 lbs. I was doing really well for a while with eating clean, exercising, meditating, just all in all taking great care of myself. The last month or so I havenā€™t been doing too well, feeling depressed and unmotivated. Iā€™ve started binge eating almost daily now, Iā€™ve used food as a way to cope as long as I can remember. So here I am, holding myself accountable and trying to break the cycle. I last binged last night around 8pm, and will now focus on eating healthy meals and snacks. Reading your stories helps, glad I am not alone! Thanks for reading mine! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Have a few questions and hope it doesnā€™t offend anyone. What is binge eating? Would it be me eating more than usual? When I first quit drinking I went from 225lbs and Iā€™m down to 160lbs now. At 5ā€™9ā€ thatā€™s not a horrible weight to be at but I ate like crazy at first, probably five meals a day. Now I eat one meal, dinner for sure and if Iā€™m exerting a lot of energy will have lunch as well and snack like crazy which isnā€™t allowing me to put on weight, just a bunch of unhealthy carbs and calories. Iā€™ve tried to stick to three square meals but seem to have no appetite anymore at all. Curious if anyone else has experienced the huge weight fluctuations and eating habits during recovery? Will it get back to normal or should I be making a conscious effort to sit down and eat just my three meals a day?

4 Likes

Binge eating is where you eat very large amounts of food in a short period of time. Thatā€™s the simplified definition. The longer definition is eating very large amounts of food in a short period of time followed by a feeling of out of control eating, guilt and shame, hiding food, eating when no one is looking, hoarding food, depression about your out of control eating, and eating way past the point of being full, and eating when not hungry. You donā€™t necessarily need all symptoms to be a binge eater, but there usually is more than one of these aforementioned symptoms going on at once. Also, it tends to be triggered by emotions and in many cases, restricting food. So yes, I would definitely suggest eating 3 meals a day. If you can afford to get a dietitian and/or therapist on board that may help as well. I hope this helps.

9 Likes

Day 539 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 104 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Excellent description.
And excellent question @HillbillyChris.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response! Something has been off since I got home. It went from one extreme to the other. But definitely eating when I am stressed. I do have access to a dietician and am going to consult with them.

4 Likes

Day 540 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 105 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 541 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 106 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 542 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 107 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 99 no binges

I am really obsessing over the half muffin and four biscuits I ate yesterday. Volume wise it wasnā€™t a binge, nor did I hide it, but it is making me feel shitty.

5 Likes

Aww, sorry to hear that Fleur. I hope you feel better soon. :purple_heart:

Day 543 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 108 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t checked in here for awhile. Today is day 286 of no binges & addressing my disordered eating.

3 Likes