Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

That’s fantastic @anon9289869! Keep up the good work! :slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

1 Like

Day 544 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 109 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back to zero today :pensive:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that nate, I hope you can get back on track soon. Don’t give up. :purple_heart:

Day 545 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 110 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 546 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 111 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 29 no binges

4 Likes

Day 547 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 112 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 548 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 113 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oy, disappointed that this is back in play but ignoring won’t get me anywhere. I’ve been noticing some binge habits coming back into play lately so wanted to bring more awareness to it by naming it here before it gains more power. I have had restricting/binge/purge habits in the past.
I am currently working on some heavier topics with my therapist that are bringing up the urge to find comfort at all costs.
Mindfulness has been my most helpful tool for dealing with food habits in the past so I’m going back to those tools:
Not eating while distracted- Standing, watching TV, etc
Using chopsticks for meals- slows my eating down allowing me to pay more attention to physical body cues.
Sitting with pain. Reminding myself to leave time to process. No straight line healing, there is no time frame, no completion, so being honest with my therapist when I need to take a pause is super important.
I am still working on finding the line between growth happening in the discomfort and too much pain coming up during the “work” to be able to process & heal and knowing when to pull back.
I feel a lot of shame when this habit comes up so I appreciate a safe place to release these thoughts :blush:

5 Likes

Day 549 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 114 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome, thanks for sharing your story! :blush:

1 Like

Day 550 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 115 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 551 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 116 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

After my pb of 100 days I properly binged at the weekend. A mixture of feeling I had ‘completed’ something, a misguided desire to treat myself, pms, buying a pack of something I love that I couldn’t leave alone, and then once a binge has started it is hard to stop. But the last two days have been ok. lt really sucks that that I can’t have a treat without it risking a binge. But glad to be back on the right path now. I don’t want to never have lemon cake, or mint chocolate again, but it is so damn hard to control once I have a bit.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about that Fleur. I hope you can get back on track soon. But I will say that 100 days is no small feat, that’s actually pretty good. You got this, don’t give up. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Day 552 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 117 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 553 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 118 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I haven’t checked in on this thread for awhile. I kept failing at trying not to binge. Every single day, sometimes multiple times a day, I would binge. But I can honestly say that today is day 3 of not a single binge. It has everything to do with me completely changing my eating and what food I eat (so no added sugar and low carbs which is exactly what I used to binge on… mainly healthy fats and protein). I find that I havent had the urge to binge bcuz I guess like drugs, I just quit them entirely. Actually. I did have one thought to binge but then realized I didn’t want to bcuz I’m happy with my lifestyle change now. I hope it stays this way. But I am desperate to lose weight. I’ve been having dreams of me having heart attacks and am seriously concerned about my weight. So for 3 days I have been on the right path.

6 Likes

Day 554 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 119 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes