Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 555 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 120 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Checking in
I feel like I binged during supper :frowning: since I started keto I havenā€™t binged in 4 days. Not having sugar and eating low carb has really cut my cravings to eat and overeat I havenā€™t had to hide food or feel sick. Tonight I put everything into the Carb Manager app. I have a set amount of calories per day I eat and a limit for my net carbs (the carbs I was under so that isnā€™t an issue, but I was way over my calories). I ate 1 extra pork chop today than I wanted to eat. And then I had to assess why I ate it. I was full at 2 but I have been irritable today for a variety of reasons so I think I binged on meat (which is sort of a new one for me lol) due to my emotions. But I canā€™t eat what Iā€™d normally binge on soooā€¦ I have been doing well tho. So I wonā€™t beat myself up. Just irritated with myself I guess. Would u all consider this a binge?

3 Likes

Personally no I would not consider it a binge. For me thereā€™s a big difference between a bit of overeating and an all out binge. When I binge I plow through whatever food is available and keep looking for more until I make myself sick.

Glad to hear youā€™re feeling good on keto otherwise! :hugs:

1 Like

I hear what ur saying and I appreciate ur comment. I used to do what u described with carbs snd sweetsā€¦ it was bad :frowning: I did it often times due to emotions etc. I guess I think ur right tho, this was just emotional over eating. Thanks for ur insight

1 Like

I think the biggest thing now is just keep pushing forward. Donā€™t let any guilt from a bit of overeating cause you to turn to restricting or trying to balance out those calories. Beyond just ā€œnot bingingā€, itā€™s about establishing a better relationship with food and allowing ourselves to eat and fuel our bodies!

4 Likes

Day 556 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 121 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 557 : No binge today. I feel like crap though, nachos and pizza are one of the worst combos for GERD/acid reflux. :nauseated_face:
Day 122 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 558 : No binge today. I am feeling better. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 123 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 559 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 124 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 560 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 125 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ending day 10 of no binging! But I really wanted to today for some reason. I had to distract myself with tasks around the apartment and try to stay out of the kitchen. I manged to get thru it. Just need to go to bed and end the day. Late night eating is also an issue of mine. Will get thru it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well done! Day 11 today for me. Husband went to Costco today, so gonna have to be strong!

5 Likes

Grocery days are THE hardest! I feel u on this one. Hoping the rest of ur day goes well tho! U can do this! :smiley:

3 Likes

This is something I definitely need to work on. I hate grocery shopping because then I just eat more it feels like. But then I eat fast food and thats still unhealthy yet I feel I gain less weight I donā€™t know honestly. I used to binge eat and purge, chew and spit, theses days I do none. I just need to practice some damn self control. Because one bag of Reeseā€™s pieces is to many and a thousand is never enough damnit. I feel myself gaining weight and I definitely need to get it under control nothing would be worse than to be clean and miserable in my own skin. I went all day without eating and itā€™s 3am here and just had del taco. I convinced myself it was ok lol. Iā€™m rambling and glad to see some familiar people have this issue as well . Sucks but cool at the same time.

4 Likes

Congrats on youā€™re accomplishments keep it up :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Yes I have a 1 yr old son thats with the grandmother I have no contact with but will soon since Iā€™m finally getting it together. I feel you thatā€™s definitely an event I wouldnā€™t want to experience lol. I used to find grocery shopping early morning almost therapeutic but not no more šŸ¤·. Thatā€™s a good idea Iā€™m moving into my new spot tomorrow so maybe Iā€™ll start that as my new beginning. Meal prepping would definitely help. I just didnā€™t feel comfortable cooking in my roomates house but now that Iā€™m moving in with an uncle Iā€™ll probably be more comfortable to meal prep. in the end itā€™s not so much the process of shopping itā€™s the fact that i just want to eat all the food I buy :rofl: be like $200 of groceryā€™s almost gone in a week probably lol

1 Like

Day 561 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 126 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow I can relate to this. Carbs and sugary candy is brutal for me. I would eat and not stop. Sometimes feeling sick. I do find that my new way of eating helps (no sugar and low carb) as I havenā€™t binged. BUTā€¦ I wanted to make a chocolate Keto brownie Desert and decided I shouldnt for this reason. It is healthier but not when I could potentially eat the whole damn tray.

3 Likes

Day 562 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 127 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like