Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 563 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 128 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 564 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 129 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 565 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 130 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not sure if it is an excuse, but some little things were upsetting me, and I got frustrated at my 40 year old mother of two self who still gets upset at silly things like a child and binged. And then got terrified that this is the beginning of a slippery slope. I hate that I still struggle to just sit with negative feelings, I have to have a physical distraction of some sort. Anyway, I hope to get back on healthy eating from today.

7 Likes

Good for you for being honest here. Every addiction seems to be an escape from emotions. Be gentle with yourself, we are all still learning.
Sending compassion your way.

3 Likes

I admit I got a little confused by your post because I thought you were talking about your 40 year old son/daughter. Regardless, sorry to hear about your relapse. Don’t give up, you can do this. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Day 566 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 131 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lol, no, needed a comma maybe.
Ate a little more than I wanted yesterday, but not a binge. And went for usual run today.
The food that I binged on didn’t even taste that nice. I guess I was already full, or I ate so fast I couldn’t really taste it. So silly.

5 Likes

Day 567 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 132 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 568 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 133 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an excuse at all. I feel like some days it’s hard to not only cope with the actual stressor but then is also hard to cope with not wanting to binge eat at the same time. Sometimes things just get overwhelming. Ur doing really well :slight_smile: and I’m glad u opened up and were honest. How have u been feeling since then?

5 Likes

Day 569 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 134 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 570 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 135 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Maybe only two wobbly days, and back on the train :+1:. I am not restricting, had a fried prawn and veggie bowl and big sweet drink at Starbucks with friends, but not eating secretly for the sake of it.

4 Likes

Day 571 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 136 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I never thought about my binge eating being related to my Sobriety! I’m gonna talk with my therapist and see what she thinks! I have to get control of this binge eating! I’m so sick of losing 10lbs and gaining it right back!

3 Likes

Good luck on your appointment! And welcome to the thread, I hope you find it helpful/inspiring. :blush:

2 Likes

Day 572 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 137 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 573 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 138 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 574: No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 139 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes