Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I was just making a grocery list for smoothie stuff :joy: I can make no sugar added sweet treats with frozen fruits also. Thank you so much for making sure I knew that.
Thats what I did last summer and this summer I went for the junk. :roll_eyes:
Homemade protein smoothies with pb2 powder and plain greek yogurt will be dinner during these hot evenings NOT ice cream.
You folks are amazing support!

3 Likes

Today is 11 months for me of no binging and trying to address my eating disorder.

It has been 11 months of forcing myself to eat regular meals, not tracking food, letting go of obsessive controlling behaviors around my eating, not trying to lose weight, and being accepting of weight gain. And gain weight I did. So much body dysmorphia and my brain trying to yell at me that I am disgusting. The voice has gotten quieter but like the rest of my addict voices it never goes away.

I’m going to be slowly trying to reintroduce food tracking and work on losing a bit of weight now. I have to be so so careful with this and I am honestly scared. I know it’s a slippery slope for me of falling into binge & restrict cycles. I talked to my therapist about it last week and August is going to be a trial month. She thinks I am in a stable enough place to take this next baby step so here we go.

9 Likes

11 months is fantastic! That’s almost a year! Keep up the good work! :blush::muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I think the proximity to a year is honestly one of the reasons my therapist wants me to try making changes now, knowing the challenge of the milestone will help push me through the next month.

3 Likes

First of all congratulations!!! Thats a huge accomplishment!!!
Thats awesome that you are working through this with a therapist and are self aware to know what to watch for!
I’m rooting for you and your recovery!

3 Likes

Day 593 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 158 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I made it through the night without binging! More importantly without white knuckeling over how to survive the night without succumbing to it!
I didn’t make myself sick by over eating today. I talked with my sponsor today about my behaviors, she also helped put some in perspective and for the first time in awhile i felt at peace on this subject.
I just wanted to report that today,this one day was a success and im at just a hair over 23 hours without causing harm to my body via food.
Thank you everyone for your support. :hugs:

6 Likes

Congratulations !! I have full confidence you will find your right balance … just look how wonderfully you’ve guided yourself through these 11 months !! :slightly_smiling_face: :rainbow: :butterfly:.

4 Likes

Day 594 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 159 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 595 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 160 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You sure are close to that 600 ! So so impressive and inspirational Aleya ! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks so much! :blush:

2 Likes

Day 596 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 161 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 597 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 162 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 598 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 163 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes