Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Day 1016 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 352 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just checking in.
And maybe I could write a short update…

Last time I wrote about finding out how unrealistic it was comparing my body against bodies of others, especially when having more than one ideal and they all were different from each other. I had no idea what I was seeking, but whatever it was, it was always far away from my own.
The realisation made me feel unfair, even cruel to myself. Trying to achieve impossible - to be someone else. In someone else’s body.

Since then I live a different life. I found my uniqueness. I’m different than others and others are different than me. We all are individuals and there are limits to comparisons we tend to make. Especially the comparisons related to a physical appearance.
One simple realisation changed my life for good (I hope). I suddenly look at myself very differently. I can finally see myself for who I really am. I started liking my body as it is, despite I always thought that it’s impossible. I don’t see a big belly anymore, because I allow myself to look at my body as a whole.
I also appreciate that if I don’t like something, I must know that it’s a consequence of my lifestyle. And if there would be something I’d like to change about my body, I’d be more realistic. I certainly wouldn’t set up someone else’s body as my goal, like I used to do it, because I don’t want to be (and I can’t be) someone else.
Anyway, no need to think about this now. I love my body. Perhaps for the first time in my life.

Life is really good and kind to me. I’m grateful that I was able to find out these things and let them click and freedom me.

8 Likes

Im really starting to think that im binge eating or stress eating

4 Likes

You’re doing amazing Jana, I am proud of you. Keep up the good work. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 1017 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 353 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

Also, welcome to the thread @Nikki89. I hope you find it helpful/inspiring to your recovery. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Day 1018 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 354 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Love to hear the shift in your thinking about yourself. Everyone is unique in their own way.

5 Likes

Day 1019 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 355 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 0 of food binging. Pizzas :sob::disappointed:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you binged on pizza. Don’t give up. Is there anything you can think of that triggered your binge? :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Day 1020 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 356 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Aleyadaisey anxiety!!! And lack of rest!
Day 1.I controlled myself

2 Likes

Perhaps try journaling and meditation. It may help calm your anxiety, and help you sleep better. Also I like to drink chamomile tea, it’s non habit forming and very relaxing. These are things I do when my anxiety is high and/or I can’t sleep. Deep breathing exercises have been immensely helpful too. These are just a few coping skills I learned from my journey and from my therapist. It may take time or you may get immediate relief, everyone’s different. I hope this helps. You got this. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Day 1021 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 357 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Aleyadaisey thank you so much for the good advices. I try journaling and the chamomile tea. Today day 0. :cupcake: Cakes :face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

Day 1022 : No binge today. :smiling_face: You’re welcome Bomdhil. :purple_heart:
Day 358 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 1023 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 359 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 2. I have no sweets in home

3 Likes

Day 1024 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 360 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 1025 : No binge today. Good job so far, @Bomdhil !:smiling_face:
Day 361 : No coffee today. :smiling_face: