Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Day 4. No sweets. Fruit and nuts are helping me with anxiety

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Keep it up! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 1026 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 362 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

:pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:day 0. Chocolate and cake binging. Someone gave them as a present and literally I jumped on them :pensive:

2 Likes

Day 1027 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 363 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 0. Had too much Qdoba for lunch and a giant salad for dinner that I boxed half of and then ate when I got home. Iā€™ve been on a low FODMAP elimination diet and itā€™s super boring so I went a little crazy now that Ive figured out what I can actually eat on this diet. But this was a good streak - 9 days. My goal is to do 30 but itā€™s hard to focus on not binging when Iā€™m having to keep track of all this IBS stuff so Iā€™m giving myself grace.

4 Likes

Other people are the worst! Sort of joking ā€¦

3 Likes

Yes! Its hard not to compare myself to others (physically and in a myriad of other ways) and I have to remind myself, only compare yourself to you. And work on being the best you, not somebody else. Did I do something thatā€™s impressive for ME lately? And if not what can I do for myself?

5 Likes

Day 1 of not food binging

4 Likes

Day 1028 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 364 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

My extra weight isnā€™t going away and I have prediabetes. I honestly didnā€™t know where else I could post this. I will be meeting with my new doc soon and will ask her about my options. I have an office job and a long commute, like often an hour each way, so Iā€™m sedentary during the day. It is hard to prioritize exercise like I should. Iā€™m going to ask about taking Metformin. Itā€™s supposed to be for Type 2 diabetes but Iā€™ve read itā€™s ADA approved for prediabetes and can help with weight loss. I really hate the extra weight in my stomach area, and will ask if that is a sign of insulin intolerance and if Metformin would help. It runs in my family since I also had an uncle who was T2D. I try to do the best job I can do with diet. But there is always room for improvement! I never know what is strictly a binge, I just know I can improve things.

I know there is another here who suffers with this ā€œpreā€ thing. @crystalclear havenā€™t seen you around! Hope you are well.

2 Likes

Day 2 of not binging with food. No sweets in home is.helping

3 Likes

Day 1029 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 365 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 1030 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 366 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I missed your year coffee free. :weary:

But I wanted to congratulate you! That is a huge achievement! And I am so proud of you! :heart::tada:

4 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 1031 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 367 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d pop on to say, I canā€™t actually remember the last time I fully binged. There have been some what I consider ā€˜normal overeatingā€™ eg a second helping, but no secret shameful binges. I have not experienced this since adolescence. Just a peaceful relationship with food. It is a bit of a forced peaceful relationship at times, but I am so grateful for the calm.

7 Likes

Amazing update! Iā€™m kindof in a similar place. When Iā€™m very unhappy or anxious itā€™ll happen that I overeat, sometimes, rarely, even severely. But itā€™s not a binge where I buy shitty food especially for that purpose. Itā€™s kinda just more of what I usually eat.
Happy for you and grateful for myself, @Misokatsu!

6 Likes

Day 1032 : No binge today. :smiling_face: Thatā€™s awesome to hear @Misokatsu! Proud of you, keep up the good work! :smiling_face:
Day 368 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes