Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Urgh, I am not exaggerating when I say over the last couple of days I have eaten an entire 1kg bag of cookies, pretty much by myself. My husband had a go at the kids for eating too many snacks while they are off school and I was too embarrassed to admit it was mostly me.
After a few months of a really good relationship with food it is sobering to know that I can easily slide back into a total lack of control.
But got out for exercise today, and going to focus on eating whole foods and moving rather than restricting.

7 Likes

40 no binge, no sugar
6 HPFs
5 dairy
My mother in lawā€™s birthday is today. There will be cake. I will abstain. I so do not want to ingest any of this. Letā€™s see what my addiction will come up with :wink:

@Misokatsu Cookies are evil :imp: And I have stolen other peopleā€™s sweets on many occasions.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 19 days sober from alcohol and I think Iā€™m ready to start dealing with my food addiction again. Iā€™ve had binge eating disorder since I was a kid. My diabetes is back. I need help with this too. I hate admitting it.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard! Great job on the 19 days of sobriety.
We are here together. Do you have any plans how to deal with your food addiction?

3 Likes

Day 1115 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Welcome to the thread, @mapai24! Great job on 19 days sober! Youā€™re not alone in turning to food after sobriety. But you can get better, I believe in you! :muscle: I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring to your recovery. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

41 no binge, no sugar
7 HPFs
6 dairy
Yesterday was a close one. A table full of cakes, cookies and sweets directly in front of me all afternoon. I fought. I clung to my coffee pot. Iā€™m so very grateful I did not pickup the first bite.
ODAAT

4 Likes

Day 1116 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

42 no binge, no sugar
8 HPFs
7 dairy

2 Likes

Day 1117 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Keep up the good work, @acromouse! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

43 no binge, no sugar
9 HPFs
8 dairy
No cravings yesterday. Feels like freedom!

3 Likes

Day 1118 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Thatā€™s wonderful, @acromouse! Glad to hear youā€™re doing so well! I would say that no cravings for sugar is a win! Keep it up! :smiling_face::tada:

2 Likes

Day 4 no binge eating.
Congratulations @Aleyadaisey on your 3 years!!! Wow very impressive work!
I apologize for being soo late on that.
Great job everyone on managing thru the Christmas holidays!

4 Likes

44 no binge, no sugar
0 HPFs
0 dairy

My hormones apparently took a dive yesterday and my cravings drove me crazy. Had to reset my HPF and dairy counters. Now I have to stay vigilant. Mood swings and cravings will come as sure as rainā€¦

2 Likes

Day 1119 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Thank you @Butterflymoonwoman! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 5 no binge eating or overeating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

45 no binge, no sugar
1 HPFs
1 dairy
Hormone levels have improved. I slept well. This makes everything easier.

How do you post on here?

I joined overeaters anonymous to get help with my binging. It hasnt helped and i quickly returned to my ā€œfeel good foodsā€. I still have a sponsor in that fellowship and she is being patient with me because she knows i am in AA too. I am going through the 12 steps for my second time in AA im on my 4th step. Im taking my time this time. I want that spiritual awakening! So im doing work in both programs trying not to over woork myself. Unfortunately though i have traded drugs and alcohol in for food. Thats why this binging has become such a issue. I keep praying tp my higher power to remove the obsession and compulsion to overeat. I just have to be patient. I also have to work hard and use my tools to not binge!

5 Likes

Oh, you mean how do you make a post or how do you post on a thread? If you want to know how to post on a thread, you just did it. If you want to know how to make a post, tap the + New Topic button on the right of your screen. You can then title what you want to post about, tags, etc. I hope that helps! :smiling_face:

Day 6 of No binge eating. Today has been harder but I am managing thru it

2 Likes