Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Day 1120 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

@KetrinaS1990 I just noticed that you’re new here. Welcome to the thread, you’re not alone in turning to food after sobriety. I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring in a positive way. :smiling_face::purple_heart: As for your binge eating not being helped by OA, don’t throw in the towel yet, you may also need some therapy to help with any distorted thoughts or feelings too. Like for example: “I ate one of ___ when I wasn’t supposed to. Might as well eat all of ___.” This aforementioned distorted thought is very common in people who binge eat. It can spiral and lead to distorted feelings like shame or guilt. I am glad you have a patient sponsor, that’s great! You also seem determined to recover and have your spiritual awakening. You can do this, I believe in you! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

46 no binge, no sugar
2 HPFs
2 dairy

2 Likes

Day 1121 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

47 no binge, no sugar
3 UPFs
3 dairy

2 Likes

Day 1122 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

1 week no binge eating! Yay!!

4 Likes

Congrats @Butterflymoonwoman! One week is great.

48 no binge, no sugar
4 UPFs
4 dairy

3 Likes

Day 1123 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Great job on one week, @Butterflymoonwoman! Keep it up! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank u so much! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Day 8 of no binge eating. Supper could have been a disaster. I was starving before eating but i portioned out a regular amount of food, made sure to eat it slowly, and then packed the leftovers away instead of grabbing 2nds. Im glad i didnt binge on supper. I wouls have felt sick and emotionally awful if I had.

3 Likes

49 no binge, no sugar
5 UPFs
5 dairy

That’s some serious self control @Butterflymoonwoman putting those leftovers away!

2 Likes

Struggling with binging on cereal (granola) recently. I feel it is slightly better than binging on chocolate or biscuits or something, but I still feel out of control.

2 Likes

Don’t keep it around! I have certain foods I just cannot moderate - trail mix for example. I don’t buy it cause I know I’ll binge it.

3 Likes

I reset on Monday, ate a ton at a watch party for the natl championship game and I felt terrible the next day. I did track the extra food (4 pieces of pizza, a tostada, and a dessert thingy), so I could hold myself accountable. Didn’t use it as an excuse and jumped right back to my normal tracking the next day.

Before I reset I had a good streak going (9 days), so I’m positive I can do this!! My partner is also struggling with this so we are lifting each other up and holding each other accountable.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about ur reset but way to go on getting right back on track!!

2 Likes

Impossible when you have members of your family who eat it.

2 Likes

1124 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

You’re welcome, @Butterflymoonwoman! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

50 no binge, no sugar
6 UPFs
6 dairy

@Misokatsu Sharing food space with family is not easy. I put the most triggering foods in a cupboard I don’t otherwise open. But this doesn’t work for everything. Food is tough. Hang on.
@Passerina_cyanea You have a partner in abstinence. That’s great!

3 Likes

I love this!!! Thank you for saying that, it clicked in my brain. Hell yeah :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes