Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Day 2 no binging
Got out to do a run today. It was effing cold but my stamina hasn’t really dropped despite the binging and not running for a week or more. Grateful for a body that gives me a chance.

6 Likes

Day 1 no binge eating or any other sort of disordered eating :slight_smile:

6 Likes

56 no binge, no sugar
12 UPFs
12 dairy

Had the wildest cravings yesterday all afternoon and evening. Did not feel like acting on them. Somehow it gets easier with time.

4 Likes

3 days no takeaways.
3 days no binge-eating.

Late last night I went on the website for takeaway delivery, but managed to catch myself before browsing any menus, then I fell asleep. Phew!

9 Likes

@CATMANCAM Way to go!
@Misokatsu Very impressed you manage to go out for a run in this weather.

4 Likes

Day 1131 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Great job on going for a run, @Misokatsu! :smiling_face:
You’re doing great so far, @CATMANCAM! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

4 days no takeaways.
0 days no binge-eating.

I was craving a specific type of crisps (chips :us:), I went to the shop with the intention of buying just one bag of those crisps… they didn’t have any in stock, they also didn’t have any of the ones I had planned as back-up…I didn’t have a plan C. So, I was left to decide between the 2 other types of crisps I like from that shop… I couldn’t decide between them so I returned home with both. For the first time in about 2 years, I used my weighing scales. I weighed out half from each bag, and put the rest away. (I usually do binge 2 whole bags, so I recognise this was progress). However, 3 hours later I was still beating myself up for having any crisps at all, and the addict voice was saying if I was going to reset my counter, I may as well eat the rest, so that’s what happened. I won’t be making the mistake of attempting to moderate again, and now crisps are off-limits completely. I don’t have any reason to go to the shops now, and as long as I don’t go, I won’t binge.

6 Likes

Wow way to go on catching urself. Proud of u!

3 Likes

Day 2 no binge eating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have very similar thinking friend. Ur not alone :people_hugging: I have certain foods that i cant seem to have just a little bit of. So i have to avoid them. Sounds like u made some realizations tho. Love how ur able to hear ur inner dialogue :sparkles:

4 Likes

@CATMANCAM Congrats on your progress with those crisps.

57 no binge, no sugar
13 UPFs
13 dairy

Hormones are taking their last dive before my period and cravings are no fun.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that helps but i’ve worked on that for several years and i wanted to say that at some point you can moderate again for most foods. Sadly, for me it took years of working on eat and especially trying nit to have any forbidden food. It’s the idea that the chips are bad and that we won’t have them for a long time after “indulging” that make us eat the bag(s). I went through a very chaotic time before stabilizing part of my food intake and weight. I used tobe so jalous at people thatcould take like one cookie and be content with it. But it’s possible. Now my unhealthy habits are mainly restrained to increased intake and sugar consumption when i’m stresses out. Sadly i’m very often stressed out in my life so i’m here for additional support. I think that you did very well on the self reflection and that you areon the right path. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you, and welcome to the Talking Sober community :blush:

I too, do envy people who can moderate with no issues, I can’t imagine myself ever having that kind of self-control again.

I hope you will feel supported here, it’s a wonderful little corner of the internet.

🩵

3 Likes

5 days no takeaways nor sugar
1 day no binge-eating nor crisps.

I have had an intense amount of cravings today, but I need to get used to them, and to not acting on them. I’ve never gone long enough with sober time from this addiction for the cravings to lessen, so I don’t know what that feels like, but I would love to find out!

I managed to finish 20mins of an episode of a TV show earlier, without even thinking about nor wishing I had crisps, so I can do it.

🩵

4 Likes

Day 1132 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Welcome to the thread, @Elissa! It seems you’re new here. I hope you find this thread helpful/inspiring in a positive way. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

@CATMANCAM TV without crisps, yeah! Sometimes it’s one TV episode at a time :grin:

58 no binge, no sugar
14 UPFs
14 dairy

4 Likes

Oof, I feel this so much. If I buy a bag, the bag is going to end up being gone. So I really try and stop myself from buying it cause the result is always the same.

4 Likes

I already do you :heart_hands:

1 Like

6 days no takeaways, no sugar.
2 days no binge-eating, no crisps.

The cravings have been minimal today, but I know I need to be prepared so I’m staying focused.

🩵

4 Likes

Day 1133 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Good job with 6 days no takeaways, @CATMANCAM! Keep it up! :smiling_face:

3 Likes