Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

59 no binge, no sugar
15 UPFs
15 dairy

I definitely eat more when my hormones are down.

4 Likes

Working on day 1 again of no binge eating

Yesterday was a suuuuper off day for my eating. I had good intentions upon waking up to eat well and follow my scheduled eating plan, but at some point in the afternoon i decided to have chocolate (whoch wasnt planned). I foolishly thought I could moderate and have like 2 pieces but I ended up eating like 6 pieces or so instead. I could hear my thought process after eating them. I remember thinking, ā€œF it, ive strayed off my eating plan anyway, might as well eat what i wantā€. By the end of the night I had eaten 18 chocolate pieces and over did it on supper (which I wasnt even hungry for). Anyway i didnt feel well obviously. And now my body is not liking me this morning. But will return to my eating plan and make sure to hydrate as well. I shouldve come on here first when i had those thoughts. Just like recovery, if i intervene beforehand, the outcome is usually different.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the dreaded ā€œI need chocolate in the afternoonā€ situations. To me it really often feels like I am having a normal day, and suddenly some food literarly ambushes me.

I just read in another post someone saying ā€œI was never able to figure out drinking.ā€ Thatā€™s so on the point. I absolutely cannot remember ever being able to figure out certain kinds of foods, like forementioned chocolate.

Honestly: Really good job on realizing what actually happened!

I have been in this situation soooo many times. And I most of the time did not ask the questions.
Somehow out of the blue deciding to have chocolate (who made this decision? which part of me? do I even remember?).
Thinking I could moderate (is this my experience with chocolate? that I can moderate?)
The thought process after my first piece (why does straying off my plan equal to ā€˜might as well eat what I wantā€™? and who is I in this sentence? and why does I want to eat all the chocolate pieces in the world?)
Overeating later in the day (why does this happen after already having eaten all that chocolate?)

Anyways: Welcome back on the trip :heart:

4 Likes

Day 1134 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Sorry to hear about your relapse @Butterflymoonwoman. Donā€™t give up, you can get through this. Sending hugs. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

60 no binge, no sugar
16 UPFs
16 dairy

Three sixes. Must be good :blush:

2 Likes

6 days no sugar.
3 days no binge-eating or crisps.
0 days no takeaways.

I had a small takeaway yesterday. I regretted it from the moment I ordered it, but it wouldnā€™t let me cancel it. I didnā€™t get fries, and I didnt get a shake or sugary coca-cola, so thatā€™s progress I do recognise, I still feel really bad though. Hopefully now, I am on the right track, when I next crave, I will be able to remind myself that I didnā€™t enjoy it this time.

šŸ©µ

5 Likes

Hey, i hope itā€™s not triggering but is there food that you enjoy and not feel guilty about? It helped me a lot having satisfying healthy foods because my binging is mainly fuelled by guilt and restriction. Though i still overeat with a healthy diet i feel less out of control and have diminished the relapses that way. Tell me if my remark isnā€™t welcome, i do not yet have the ropes of this group :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Everyone has a different way of approaching their eating behaviors. Iā€™d say do what works for you. Not binge eating is the goal, regardless of how you reach that goal. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Day 1135 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

61 no binge, no sugar
17 UPFs
17 dairy

4 Likes

Hey, dont worry itā€™s not triggering. Unfortunately I cant even buy healthy groceries because if I have anything in my fridge or cupboards, I just binge until itā€™s all gone, I literally canā€™t stop myself or sleep until there is nothing left. Iā€™m waiting for therapy and Iā€™m really hoping it helps because it is scary. The only food I donā€™t feel guilty for eating are my meal replacement products, but I do still feel guilty if I have an extra 1 or 2 some days.

5 Likes

8 days no sugar.
4 days no binge-eating, no crisps.
2 days no takeaways.

At the moment, I have no urges to go and buy anything to binge, this is a huge relief and I feel peaceful for a change. I am still having cravings for the takeaway that I have, but I am reminding myself how bad I felt about having even the small one, and that helps me to refrain.

šŸ©µ

5 Likes

That sounds very hard. I understand perfectly. Iā€™m a bit better now, bu there were times where i prayed that someone would just keep me away from food and just give me ready balanced meals so the torture would stop. I hope therapy helps you. It helped me, though now i cannot find another psychiatrjst where i live (mine retired). I use apps and online services when i really need to and continue the work on my own. Though itā€™s a slow process, it looks like thereā€™s improvement. Iā€™m still scared of relapses, especially in stressfull periods.

5 Likes

Day 1136 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

62 no binge, no sugar
18 UPFs
18 dairy

@CATMANCAM Feeling peaceful about food is so great!
@Elissa Sounds like you already put a lot of work in your recovery.

5 Likes

Day 8 : first hard day. I havenā€™t slept well and iā€™m under a lot of stress. Hope i hold on until tomorrow at least. Every hour is hatd but feels like a small victory. If anyone has self care ideas, i would want them :mending_heart:

3 Likes

When Iā€™m stressed out and short on time or low on energy I like to do a few conscious breaths, focusing on making the out breath longer. A short prayer, looking into nature, looking at some calming scenery or colour, a few minutes of mindful breathing, make relaxation, a few stretches, happy memories.

4 Likes

Thank you, the hours passed and even though i had bad thoughts, i did some of these. Now iā€™m a bit better. I will try to go to sleep early. Tomorrow is another day :pray:

5 Likes

Day 1137 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I hope you sleep well, Elissa. If you feel like you canā€™t sleep and your anxiety is bad, you can try chamomile tea. Iā€™m recommending chamomile tea because itā€™s non habit forming, doesnā€™t mess with most medications, and can help with sleep and anxiety. :purple_heart::people_hugging:

6 Likes