Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Hey @Faugxh and @acromouse :slight_smile: thank u both of thinking of me. Its 630am here so the shift is technically over. My son is awake and we are doing our morning routine before the school bus picks him up. Im BEYOND tired but last night wasnt the worst. It couldve been better tho. I did end up eating some chocolate. Some hard chocolate that was in the fridge. So apparently me putting them back in the fridge didnt prevent me from eating them lol. BUTā€¦ i didnt binge on them. I had a few pieces and a small glass of milk. I had some bcuz i was tired and needing something to do I guess to stay awake. It couldve turned into a binge for sure. I also tracked what i ate. So thats huge for me. Being more aware :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats on getting through the night without losing control!!!
You did not binge. You tracked your food. Hooray!

5 Likes

Day 1140 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

66 no sugar, no binge
22 UPFs
22 dairy

3 Likes

Day 1141 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Wow, 66 days?! Congratulations @acromouse! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

14 days no sugar.
10 days no binge-eating, no crisps.
7 days no takeaways.

Feeling good about all of these numbers, but it feels too good to be true :grimacing: had cravings for crisps last night, but thankfully ended up falling asleep. (itā€™s 03:39am here now).

I havenā€™t made it to the gym yet, but Iā€™m hoping to todayā€¦ I did however do a 5mile walk yesterday.

7 Likes

WOW! Look at those numbers!!! I am so excited for u :smiley: way to go friend!

4 Likes

@CATMANCAM Numbers are looking good :+1:t2: And great job on the walk yesterday!

67 no sugar, no binge
23 UPFs
23 dairy

4 Likes

Thank you both :blush:

15 days no sugar.
11 days no binge-eating, no crisps.
8 days no takeaways.

Had a moment of weakness today and nearly went to buy crisps, but I managed to talk myself out of it, very glad about that now.

šŸ©µ

6 Likes

Day 1142 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

Youā€™re doing amazing @CATMANCAM! Keep it up! :smiling_face::muscle:

3 Likes

@CATMANCAM I just realised: two weeks no sugar and a whole week no takeaways for you! I hope the cravings will get easier soon.

68 no sugar, no binge
24 UPFs
24 dairy

4 Likes

Hello, i speak here because i had a rough day. My daughter has minor health issues but i worry constantly and iā€™ve discovered that most of my friends are useless as soon as iā€™m the one suffering from anything. I donā€™t know what to do when iā€™m denied basic empathy and my anger pushes me toward food. This time i donā€™t want to fail. I kind of want to push my friends all away. I want to show them i donā€™t need them since theyā€™ve left me time after time in my misery. Well, picking myself up has become kind of my thing. Tommorrow iā€™ll give myself extra care and hour by hour we will make it to the day after

5 Likes

Day 1143 : No binge today. :smiling_face:

@Elissa
Sorry that your daughterā€™s having health issues and that people arenā€™t treating you kindly. You deserve better than that. Take care of yourself, try not to let anyone get you down. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

69 no sugar, no binge
25 UPFs
25 dairy

@Elissa Iā€™m sorry your day was rough. Iā€™m definitely sending you hugs :people_hugging: and well wishes for your child :mending_heart:. Good thing on realising how your emotions are pushing you towards food. Does there maybe one person come to mind around you whom you could lean on for some support?

4 Likes

Thank you. Yes, i reached to support even if i would have rather jad ā€œmy personā€. I start to believe and it makes me sad that my journey will mean letting go of not only the bad stuff, but some of the good that was halas constitutive of the sick person i was ( like in sickness not derogatory)

6 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m rocking 15th day so iā€™m holding up. Having this group helps. :mending_heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you feel unsupported by your friends :people_hugging: I experienced the same when I used to have friends. Iā€™m glad you recognise that youā€™re able to do some self-care, and I hope you daughterā€™s health issues improve. Sending strength and hope :people_hugging:šŸ©µ

4 Likes

16 days no sugar.
12 days no binge-eating, no crisps.
9 days no takeaways.

Did 2.5 miles worth of walking yesterday whilst out and about, itā€™s something.

Battled sone major cravings after an intense 1.5+ hrs pre-therapy assessment and paperwork session. There were so many fast-food places on the way to the bus station, and I was physically and emotionally hungry. I ate when I got home, and was still craving a big binge. I managed to distract myself long enough for the nearest 3 shops to close. Part of me thought about going to the big shopping centre that is open for 2hrs later than the nearest shops, but I didnā€™t feel like going to that one. Told myself it wasnā€™t worth it, and just sat with my feelings.

This all feels too good to be trueā€¦

šŸ©µ

9 Likes

Cam youā€™re doing awesome. Iā€™m proud of you. :slight_smile: keep going and keep us posted.

Whatā€™s the next mini goal weā€™re working towards?

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Not sure about mini goalsā€¦but I still havenā€™t been to the gym. Itā€™s getting me down that I canā€™t make myself go. Itā€™s like Iā€™m terrified or something, even when my rational mind knows that something terrible is very unlikely to happen in the actual gym.

I also havenā€™t been for any of my lake walks, same fear, same rational thought.

I donā€™t know what is stopping me from doing the things that would actually help me to lose weight. Itā€™s infuriating and makes me very angry at myself.

5 Likes