Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Day 19: no grazing

6 Likes

Iā€™ve found myself in a weird eating pattern the last week or so.

Yesterday I donā€™t remember if I ate.
Today I had 2 air fried hash brown patties

I am not hungry, and donā€™t want to eat. But I know that after a few days of not eating, I tend to over eat. And that isnā€™t healthy either. :weary:

Trying to get back to a schedule is frustrating to me

3 Likes

Are you emotionally feeling ok? I find when i feel ā€œnumbā€ or depressed, i dont feel like eating. During those times, I feel like eating is a lot of work. Then theres other times i wayyy over eat. Theres no nice in between lol i hope that u gain a bit of an appetite so that u can eat. Ur such a busy woman and i can imagine that what ur eating now is not quite enough to sustain u thru the day. Hugs my friend :hugs:

4 Likes

Work is hectic, but somehow comforting stress.
Home is ok just busy all the time and feeling like thereā€™s never a moment to relax (even when I try to)
And therapy is opening up a wave of emotions every day through check-ins and tasks/reading material/videosā€¦

I guess eating is the thing I have always ā€œcontrolledā€ when life felt unmanageableā€¦ But I am not consciously choosing to stop eating. Maybe itā€™s like you saidā€¦ Eating can be a lot of work. And I already feel overworked and overwhelmedā€¦

I forced myself to eat a can of sliced peaches and am now rearranging my living room. I think Iā€™m trying to keep busy to avoid sitting with myself

5 Likes

It definitly sounds like u have alot going on. Idk how u do itā€¦ i guess u really dont have much of a choice :frowning: But im glad ur here and clean and sober and working thru so much hard stuff to better urself. Wish i could give u a hug :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Day 970 : No binge today. And thank you @Butterflymoonwoman. :smiling_face:
Day 306 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 20: no grazing

4 Likes

Day 971 : No binge today. Good job @Sissychris39! Youā€™re doing great, keep it up! :smiling_face:
Day 307 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 1 of No Binge Eating (as of 8pm)
Praying to get thru the late evening as thats always the hardest for me to not binge. I get super restless and irritable trying to not binge.

6 Likes

Day 972 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 308 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 2 of No Binge
I didnt eat the healthiest of foods but i didnt binge and stayed fairly close to the daily caloric intake that ive set for myself.

5 Likes

Day 973 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 309 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 3 of No Binge (I think).
Im abit confused bcuz i was hungry when getting home from work and so I ate a piece of toast and a slice of brownie before supper. I only intended to eat the toast and not the brownie. But ate the brownie slice anyway. I could feel myself about to enter a binge bcuz i wanted to keep eating. But didnt. So am not sure if i should reset?? What does everyone think? I dont know bcuz I ate the brownie when i wasnt planning to eat it.
On a side noteā€¦ trying to understand what is ā€œnormalā€ eating is hard. I feel like i have no clue.

7 Likes

I think giving yourself a treat isnā€™t a binge.
You didnā€™t eat the trayā€¦
You deserve to have a treat :two_hearts:

So I donā€™t think you should reset.

I am with you on

Itā€™s hard to gauge to me too.

I just wanted to say, I am proud of you and all of your efforts to be your best, healthiest you :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Awe thank you! :blush: :heartpulse: I truly feel that way about u too. I constantly seeing u striving to be a better person and ur doing it!!! You have come incredibly, incredibly far from when u first joined. Ur journey has been inspiring to me :slight_smile:
And thanks for relating and understanding. And thank u for ur thoughts on my brownie struggle lol i do deserve a treat now n then and i guess i thought bcuz it wasnt planned and technically accounted for, that i was breaking some kind of rule lol its hard to explainā€¦ but i didnt binge, ur right. So i will keep my timer.

4 Likes

Hi all. Heading home from a weekend by myself in Vegas for my birthday. I got here Friday for the Kelly Clarkson concert on Saturday night. I have eaten what I wanted but didnā€™t really over indulge. Iā€™m resetting my counter today because I really havenā€™t made great choices this last week. Being alone and doing some Journaling and thinking really has me in a better place mentally. Not being able to walk as much as I wanted because of the weight Iā€™ve gained by disordered eating is really a wake up call for me. Iā€™m 51 today. Time to stop eating my feelings and really do the work that needs to be done to heal my heart and mind. Appreciate all of you here. :hugs:

4 Likes

Day 974 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 310 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 4 Binge free

4 Likes

Thank you, and keep up the good work as well!

3 Likes

Day 23: no grazing

5 Likes