@acromouse thank you for responding last night. 🩵 I can’t cry else I definitely would have. None of the other options were suitable because it would scare my cats but in the end, I fell asleep, so all was well @Jana1988 thank you you will get there again, it’s taken me months to get back on track after having 55 days earlier this year. Are you doing your no eating after 8pm rule?
31 days no takeaways.
27 days no sugar.
13 days no crisps, no binge-eating.
Somehow, I made it another day. I really thought I was going to have to reset for sugar and binge-eating last night, but thankfully I fell asleep shortly after my last post. I did dream that I binged, and when I woke up I had the guilt, but it’s always nice when the realisation hits that it wasn’t real.
32 days no takeaways.
28 days no sugar.
14 days no crisps, no binge-eating.
I was craving crisps all day yesterday, as soon as I woke up, until I eventually fell asleep around 7pm. I slept probably too well last night, and have not long been conscious. Today so far, no cravings. Feels good to have 2 weeks free from binge-eating. Against all odds!
@CATMANCAM I was doing no eating after 8pm for very long time. As long as I was doing that, I did not binge, “only” overate time to time…
But then I don’t know what happened and my 8pm rule went to the bin and I started binging too
Yesterday, you asking me about this, made me somehow not to eat after 8pm again. So here I am with a day without binging. It’s an easy explanation - I don’t have time to binge through the day (nor desire really). It’s only evening/night issue…
Another issue for me is my active life. I am really crazy in comparison with a normal person and I do activities in high level. I love it and I can’t do otherwise. Whatever sport I touched so far - I turn to be really good at it. And because I am in sports clubs, I get pushed to improve my performance. With my competitive personality, I get highly motivated to achieve things in short time for which others for quite a long time. God knows why, but I can do this. Although it often turns to injuries at some point, because I don’t build up.
I am trying to say, that I can burn insane amounts of calories on week basis. Weekends are always extremes, because that’s when I do the highest volumes. I tried to learn how to eat and fuel myself properly, but turns put that no matter what I do, I always crave sweet stuff a lot. I would perhaps need a help of nutritionist, but don’t want to spend my money now, as I am at a process of buying a house
Blah blah, I need to work things out. How to eat, how to be good at sport but not over stretch myself (I got a swollen knee now lol)
But in my mind I am good lately. Even with the binging, I feel happy overalls
@Jana1988 thank you my mind did go there with it’s wanting to celebrate my 4 years AF with crisps I can relate because my cravings usually start at 8pm, but thankfully I’ve been falling asleep befofe that and it is really helping. Congrats on 1 day I wish I could be like you with sports, I’m currently gaining weight even though I’m in a calorie deficit every day, sports would help I’m sure, but I’m still terrified of the changing room
33 days no takeaways.
29 days no sugar.
15 days no crisps, no binge-eating.
Cravings were not so bad yesterday. It’s getting to me that I’m gaining weight though. I’m just trying to trust the process.
What about exercising at home for the beginning, would that be something you could and like to do?
I don’t go to a gym at all and I do my workouts and HIIT sessions at home.
I also run and cycle which I do outdoors, but you can have treadmill.
I am on day 0 again. I told you not to celebrate with crisps and then I ate some myself at like 9pm
And what about leaving your house in sport clothes with a sweatsuit/tracksuit over it when it’s too cold ore feeling uncomfortable for you?
You can shower at home too.
I never use a changing room when I train and I train 3 times a week outdoors.
And otherwise like Jana mentioned: at home. You can do a lot with minimal space!!
@CATMANCAM Do trust the process my friend. Your body, your metabolism, your heart and mind do their jobs in their time and the numbers on a scale are just one - and definitely not the most important - criterion in judging your well being and health. And not to be dismissive in any way, but for your body being free of binge-eating for two weeks is not too long in terms of adaptation. Compare it to being sober from other substances. I feel like we often have very unreasonable expectations when it comes to eating behaviours and food. Stay strong, keep going!
264 sugar
128 UPF
2 gluten
2 dairy
4 overeating
Back from vacation, back to my usual eating habits.
This vacation with its long train rides, lots of changes of location, all kinds of acitvities like hikes, bike rides, exercise classes, city walks, family gatherings around food, etc. was a very interesting and successful testing ground for my abilities to keep to my sobriety, where and how far I want my flexibility to be about foods I eat in special circumstances, and how I can sustain my eating plan in changing circumstances.
I learned a lot and am very satisified with the outcome.
Still eating pretty well. The kids are at home and it is hot, so we often eat mini icecreams in the afternoon. They are not leading into a binge which is good. If I feel like I am just wanting to put something in my mouth, I bought some concentrate to make flavored water, which makes a nice change from buckwheat tea or ice coffee.
I remember us talking about that back in January. I think it would be imortant to build a habit of movement and a low threshold one. You love routines and you have many trackers, I think the habitual level is an important one for you (me too).
And the movements should be simple for the time being. Walking. Even if it’s in the flat, from room to room. Better outside ofc. But you could get a threadmill and walk at home.
Lifting arms sideways, to the front, straight and bent at the ellbow, holding small weights or just the arms. Lying on the floor and lowering your legs from perpendicular towards the floor and back up. Lying on your belly and lifting both arms and legs. These kinda movements anyone can do and they increase your calorie output and muscle mass a little. Bodyweight exercises they are called.
Yoga is very beneficial and can be done at home.
Just some suggestions. The most important thing is to get into it. Make a start. Find something you can enjoy.
I’m w you on changing rooms tho. I never shower anywhere outside. I’ve recently been using the public gym regularly for the first time ever, since my injury, and I just go back home to shower
@Jana1988@anon10035965@acromouse@Faugxh thank you for all of your suggestions. I do want to start walking again, but at the monent my back is very back, I’m waiting to see the specialist about it, as I’ve been in physio and rehab for a year now and it’s only got worse. The main thing I want to do for exercise is the gym and swimming, I know I just need to start going again, but the fear is real after the incident in the changing rooms, and also, that’s always my issue, making a start. I may try some beginners Yoga at home, to see how that feels, though I really don’t have a lot of floor space and my cats are very curious when I’m on the floor doing my rehab exercises I can try some bodyweight exercises too with light weights which I do have. Thanks again
34 days no takeaways.
30 days no sugar.
16 days no crisps, no binge-eating.
Yesterday I had peace from any cravings. I fell asleep very early again. Today I am going to the cinema with my 5yo niece, but there will not be a large popcorn or large sugary drink involved!
@CATMANCAM Enjoy the cinema @Misokatsu My daughter recently gave me one of those bottles with a straw you can carry around with you as a present. I was really surprised to find out that with that bottle I actually drink more water through out the day, thus I am less thirsty and less wanting to eat. I realized that more often then not I am not hungry when I want to put something in my mouth but actually thirsty. So your flavored water idea sounds very reasonable to me.
35 days no takeaways.
31 days no sugar.
17 days no crisps, no binge-eating.
I survived the cinema without popcorn or a sugary drink, I’m not sure if I’d be able to stay strong if I went on my own. I would like to go to see another film next week, but I just don’t know if I could trust myself, so I think I will wait until it comes out on a streaming service. It felt good just now to change my counter from ‘summary’ to ‘days’ for sugar.