Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 90 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

SO Awesome !!! :tada::rainbow::slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations !!!:boom:

I don’t know, really. I read it a lot here, though. For me it turns out to be another compensation mechanism so I don’t promote actively here saying, well stick to any junk food you can grab in the first days, weeks, months of sobriety. Yesterday it became quite clear to me that a real physical hunger develops when I need to care for myself and my inner child. And that won’t stop crying just because I feed it with tons of cheese, nuts or chocolate. :pray: Still, I won’t say that it works for many.

1 Like

@anon74766472 thank you.

@Jennajen super helpful. thank you

1 Like

Big congrats @Aleyadaisey you are an inspiration to us all.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Keep going!! You are doing so great!!

1 Like

Thanks! I have been feeling a lot better overall. I started getting in some exercise as well, but not for weight loss, but instead to feel better mentally. I don’t know if there was an easy part, it was hard work to abstain from binges but so worth it in the end. The difficult part was trying to eat healthier when I was eating a lot of junk. But that got easier over time. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much! I’m glad I am inspiring so many of you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks very much! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 91: No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So glad I’m not alone with this !!! XXX I’ve just set a new calculated for myself over eating !!! I know this will help X thanks all of you for inspiring me x

3 Likes

Welcome Anneon! I hope you find this thread helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know it is pointless, but I really hate that I can’t “get back” from a period of binge eating quickly. Like I have not binge eaten for 5 days, which is good, and although I am not weighing myself I know in my heart I cannot have lost the fat from a week of binge eating so quickly. With drinking, after 5 days I felt like I was back to “normal” (well, unseen long term affects aside). I just find it frustrating and discouraging. I guess I have to try and shift my perspective to healthy eating behaviours and have patience. Easier said than done.

3 Likes

Day 92 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No binge today …so happy and keeping my mind of the other habits so a win win x

2 Likes

Day 93 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Great job! One day at a time. :slightly_smiling_face: