Bird watching

Having a drink in a water feature :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh! How cool!

These are gorgeous. You’ve got real talent. Have you considered a art blog?

Thank you very much! :blush:

I do Instagram but haven’t done much lately. Needed some headspace. But I will pick it up again soon :fist:

Yesterday morning out on my run, I saw a small bare tree in someone’s front yard that had at least a dozen blue jays in it.

My favorite bird, so you can imagine my delight. But I’ve always known them to be generally solitary birds, not inclined to congregate like that. I wonder why they were? Maybe some bird party I didn’t get invited to :frowning:

There was also a report on the news here last night that a woman in Alabama has had a yellow cardinal living on her property. Apparently they are highly rare. I prefer the classic red, but the yellow was cool to see!

Must have been a remarkable sight :slight_smile:

I often see Blue Jays in what I refer to as a “gang”, like 5-12 together. They sometimes hang together and help each other - it is pretty cool to watch their social structure. They will sometimes come to my feeders in groups - some stay in trees for lookout and they come back and forth to my deck. they are ground feeders, so I throw some seed out on my back deck and they come hang.

I love the photos of the yellow cardinal - they are rare indeed. There have also been some recent reports of dual colored ones - like a mix of genders or something. I like seeing the female ones with their more subtle brown-yellow-orange colouring.

A male goldeneye has returned to a pond near us. For couple of years he has returned alone. It breaks my heart that he has lost his spouse :cry:

Edit i was wrong! Today saw his duckfaced new loved one :heart_eyes:

The yellow cardinal report has been recirculating recently. When the report initially came out, i was on the lookout for it. It was spotted only a few miles from my home. Redbirds are my favorites!

The cardinal is our state bird, and I see them all the time visiting the many feeders on our property. One issue is in the spring they attack their reflection in my office window. I have to put a cardboard cutout of a person in the window to keep them away.

Is it of any significance which person’s likeness is used to repel them?

Ha! Not really. It’s something I had laying around. A really old display from back when I worked nights and weekends at a Blockbuster Video store.

Blockbuster? I haven’t heard that name in years. I worked at one as well

There was one many years ago who would sit n peck at his reflection on the side mirror of my neighbors car. I would see it often on early morning runs.

Blockbuster… memory lane activated.

@SweetTea. I know the exact bird. It is black, white, and has a touch of orange. The bird jumps from mirror to door … mirrror to door … mirror to door … over and over and over again. It is comical to watch. @Yoda-Stevie. I still owe some VHS rentals back to Blockbuster. 16 candles and Weird Science. LOL :joy:

This is the kind I’m talking about…male cardinal. Cardinals live as couples for life. (-:

Here is a female and male that i painted on a card for someone.

Wow thats really good! My grandmother loved redbirds. I learned to love them too. Whenever i see one, it makes me feel good.

Grumpy American Robin. BECAUSE IT’S SNOWING IN 2nd WEEK OF APRIL AND WE ARE ALL GRUMPY

Aaww poor thing. We are having snow today and i just wish for the birds it would become warmer soon