Bird watching

Maybe some kind of heron or crane, that’s my guess, although the neck is shorter/thicker than I have seen on them usually. Cool bird!

1 Like

I hope the Bluejays come back to nest outside my window. These little cuties are from last June🐣

9 Likes

Nice! Looks like an immature great blue heron, i think. Cool photo!

3 Likes

Where are you from @anon89892515? Cool picture!

1 Like

Thanks @TMAC and @aircircle! Ill try and get some more :blush:

@Forester96 thanks! Im an expat from the states, living in Japan.

2 Likes

Our yard/trees are FILLED with blackbirds. You can only see two here, but we have dozens, if not more, every day.

Also, not a bird, but wildlife related: one of my favorite things about the wildlife around our house is the abundance of rabbits.
Since day 1, we have multiple daily visits from our family of bunnies. I have made a conscious, consistent effort to never startle them, I want them to recognize us as non-threats and be our friends. So far so good, I can get pretty close before they take off (~5-10 ft). This morning I almost got this little fella to eat some lettuce I was offering by hand, I usually throw any produce scraps behind our shed where they live. Goal by the end of spring is to hand-feed one :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OMG. I love bunnies. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

3 Likes

We’ve got more than I can keep track of! Big ones, small ones, jumpy ones, mellow ones…all kinds.

3 Likes

Feel free to drop any bunny photos in this thread too. :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

2 Likes

Making friends with a few birds today, one is on the rail, another on the feeder :heart:

6 Likes

We’re getting our feeders in the next week or so! Can’t wait.

1 Like

How do the dogs feel about the bunnies if they see one? :laughing:

Sometimes they chase, but I bet they’d turn and run if the rabbit wanted a fight!

1 Like

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but as a former rabbit owner, lettuce (depending on the type, some is worse than others) is generally not good for buns. If you really want them to be your friend I suggest bunny crack – dried bananas. Maybe a nice herb garden for them. LOL

1 Like

No, I appreciate the heads up! Any other produce that could be harmful? I throw scraps out there all the time, i’d hate to give them something potentially dangerous.

1 Like

@tmac Is there a net up in your yard? It looks like a grid (net) in the photo. Especially when looking at the blue sky.

I took the photo from my office window, that’s the window screen :joy:

Here is a photo of my yard bunny Baggins. I give B carrots :carrot:.

1 Like

@aircircle
I just found this thread. Yes, I’m also a birdwatcher. It’s an awesome hobby. Some of my best memories are from birding trips.:unicorn:

1 Like

Thx for the cardinal pic. I saw 2 couples in my front yard yesterday. Been noticing so many of them lately. :heart:

1 Like