Breath - 30 Day Yoga Journey (Yoga With Adriene)

Ah can I join?? I finished day 8 today.

3 Likes

I feel like my strength has improved as a result. Definitely worth slowing down and really making the muscles work! :muscle:

2 Likes

Always welcome, my friend!

2 Likes

Day 15 and 16 this morning. Feeling pretty good.

4 Likes

Day 19 - strength :heavy_check_mark:

Some half push ups, chair and goddess pose, thatā€™s what all the foundation work is for!

Also appreciate the idea that strength can come from taking a pause and making space. Got some turbulence at home (again) and my instinct is to want everything to be sorted out straight away, to feel uneasy in my state of unsureness and indecision. Finding that balance between effort and ease here too.

1 Like

Iā€™m a big bulky weightlifting man and have always dismissed the idea of yoga but have taken it up recently and absolutely love it! Canā€™t imagine going too many days in a row without practicing now.

Just wanted to throw this out here in case there was anyone reading who was unsure about giving it a try.

5 Likes

I imagine itā€™s really great for weightlifting, to help with alignment etc and protect from any damage. As well as all the other benefits of yoga for strength, conditioning, wellbeing etc.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a very different way of using my body but one that is incredibly welcome. And yah Iā€™m hoping the stretching element will be helpful in staving off injuries.

Itā€™s nice to have something that is kind of a blend between meditation and movement, like mindfulness via activity? I dunno its all new to me and hard to explain but I really like it :blush:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I like about it tooā€¦ itā€™s like meditating whilst moving.
Iā€™ve tried meditation a few times but my mind is so busy I cant quite manage it when Iā€™m sitting/lying still. So this way is much better as Iā€™m concentrating on my breath and the sensations from each movement.
Itā€™s much easier for me to keep my mind still when doing yoga, I think this is why I feel so much more at peace after each session. :star_struck:

Just finished day 9. Feel better after than I did before, worked up a bit of a sweat too.

4 Likes

Yea itā€™s definitely mindful movement! And some meditations are very breath focused, it probably depends a bit on the type of yoga and the type of meditation as to the amount of cross over. But the general principles of coming back to the breath, meeting yourself where you are and acknowledging whatever comes up are definitely themes from both my yoga and meditation practice! :pray::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Day 20 - pause :heavy_check_mark:

Another breathwork day, with breath retention. Nice to have a break. Taking the pause, making space and finding strength :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Day 10 done. It was quite short so I added some of my favourite poses at the end.

I love ā€˜forward foldā€™ :drooling_face: I would have had no idea something as simple as that would be so effective.
Better than any other upper back ā€˜stretchingā€™ Iā€™ve ever done, I hold ALOT of tension in that area too so its great to feel it ease off when Iā€™m doing that.

2 Likes

Day 20, control :heavy_check_mark:

How you move matters

I have not been showing up in a way I am proud of in my relationship recently. Acting from a place of hurt, sadness and frustration. Struggling to tap into anything else at the moment.

Hmmph. But I showed up to practice so thatā€™s something.

4 Likes

Just finished day 11. Really loved it today, felt strong and full of energy :star_struck::star_struck:
Poses are getting easier and now I have flat feet when doing downward facing dog, rather than being on my tip toes :grin: (although still not quite sure why its classed as a resting pose :thinking: still feels kind of hard :rofl:)

2 Likes

Day 21 - renew :heavy_check_mark:

Revisiting the reasons for being on this journeyā€¦ Makes me think about more than yoga to be honest, as always!

Anyway, my motivation for bringing yoga back into my routine is to cultivate strength and compassion. I think she said something about acceptance and awareness? That too!

4 Likes

Finished day 12 today.
Man I was one shakey ā€˜treeā€™ but managed to keep my balance throughout so was happy about that

3 Likes

I am so grateful to be in a position where I can practice every day. I hope you can find that too! :pray::sparkling_heart:

Day 22 - dedicate :heavy_check_mark:

Find your breath, find yourself

Itā€™s that basic principle of mindfulness that is so simple but really quite difficult to put into practice.

Daily yoga is definitely the I in my AEIOUY reflection first and foremost, as well as being the E and helping lay the foundations for O and U too.

Something I have been doing on this round of yoga practice, that I started in December, is choosing not to take the more advanced options of poses. So keeping the back knee down etc. I have a strong tendency to try and run before I can walk, a desire to ā€˜achieveā€™. A lot of this is tied up in people pleasing but I am not trying to please anyone here. Letting go of those expectations of myself and the pressure to achieve any outcome other than to show up.

4 Likes

Daaaay 13 done and dusted :star_struck::star_struck: feel quite tired after a long walk this morning but glad I got it done. Lots of spine clicking going on today which felt good.

3 Likes

Day 24 - rejuvenate :heavy_check_mark:

I am strong

Was wondering when the side planks would turn up!

Really am feeling rejuvenated by this yoga series, and motivated to continue after itā€™s finished.

3 Likes