Bring out your dead: A place to remember the victims of addiction

Hugs, I’m praying he pulls through.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. Take peace in the fact they are in a beter place now. Be strong and god bless.

1 Like

Matt G. - lifelong best friend, best man in each other’s weddings - died 12/7/97 at 34 yrs old from liver failure due to alcoholism

5 Likes

R.I.P Uncle Gene, and Randy. Hope you both found peace.

2 Likes

My Dad, drunk driving…killed himself after accident…they didn’t find his body for 3 days…I was 12.
July 26, 1968

6 Likes

So so sorry :cry:

3 Likes

I’m so so sorry Phoebe. That is devastating and as a child too, I’m so sorry for what you have endured. Continued Healing thoughts to you :heart:

4 Likes

Thank u, Megs. It has been a journey, for sure. A lot of AA AND Alanon meetings helped, with professional counseling, too.

5 Likes

Such a powerful thread. Raw humanity - everyone has a story that needs to be heard. My deepest love and sympathy to all of you who have lost a loved one to addiction. Lxx :heart:

3 Likes

My dad. 9/3/2018. Passed from cirroshis.

I wish he would have stuck with AA. Ill carry his chip as a reminder though.

8 Likes

@Jante76 I am so sorry…

Man I’m sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts your way.

1 Like

Man i miss my dawg.

Rest in peace, Chris Hawn. It shreds me to pieces having seen what your parents went through when you fell. And here I am over two years later still slipping, knowing I am the cause of my mother’s all too frequent sleepless nights.

I will see you again my friend, but not yet. I am struggling and I feel terrible about my life right now bc of all the drugs, but I can’t leave yet. I wish you were here, still fighting this plague with me. I feel very alone these days but shit happens. I miss you man. I miss you.

3 Likes

Thanks @Lionfish. He was basically a vegetable the past month, actually more like 2 months so it was for the best.

Understandable, my thoughts are with you tonight. I’m happy you are sober and choosing a different path.

2 Likes

Ah friend - I’m so sorry. I’m so very sorry. My thoughts and heart are with you. I’m thankful that you have chosen a different life for yourself and your family.

2 Likes

Jason, I’m so sorry. You’re in my heart.

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry @Jante76 :sleepy: Hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

@Jante76 I’m really sorry man. Love you.

3 Likes

Take care during this difficult time.

2 Likes