Bring out your dead: A place to remember the victims of addiction

Damn. So sorry man. If you ever need to talk, I’m here. Take care of yourself and hold your family close, thinking of you all. Hugs friend.

4 Likes

Thanks for creating this thread. I want to put here my cousin Sonia who committed suicide. May she rest in peace and all those posted here :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

So after a week of little to no brain activity and unsuccessful attempts to get him off the ventilator my friends mom finally gave in and cut off the life support

I know I couldnt force u to sobriety but I know u wanted it and I damn wish I’d tried harder and testified a little better about how good life can be. I should have been a brighter light along the path, I’m sorry bro. :confused:

Mike C. - September 7th, 2018

11 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss @Neighbrofthebeast668

1 Like

April S. Gone too soon. Aug 2017

2 Likes

Im sorry to hear man. We all know the only person who can make us get and stay sober is ourself. Dont beat yourself up over it. I know it sucks though.

2 Likes

Your getting though this last week clean and sober sure is a testament to so many of us. I’m so sorry, my friend…

4 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Nothing you could have done differently my friend, we all walk out own paths but I totally understand that guilty feeling. Don’t beat yourself up. So sorry for your loss, hugs Josh!!

Not addiction related.

In rememberance of those who lost their lives September 11, 2001.

8 Likes

Indeed, that was a senseless loss of too many lives :slightly_frowning_face:. Honestly tho addiction had its grubby hands in that too…al-Qaeda was heavily funded by the drug trade through Afghan opium and pot farms

3 Likes

November 24, 2016.
My best friend, my baby brother to an accidental od to exctacy.
Alcohol and drugs took him from us, he was forty years old. The pain is unbearable.

5 Likes

Thinking of my uncle Jesse today. He’s been gone for 13 years. Battled booze and everything he could get his hands.

The drugs took his life, but never his smile. Miss ya uncle Jess.

9 Likes

Daniel T. passed away last night. Proud member of SYRYPAA and I’m glad I could call him my friend.

11 Likes

My uncle Jerry, addict and alcoholic for I don’t know how long. Committed suicide, they didn’t find his body until the smell was noticed by the neighbors. Wish I knew then what I know now!

4 Likes

Regardless of the situation sorry for ur loss man, a lot of us understand more than youd think, were seeing it happen way too often and if not for our higher powers and a lot of grace it could have been us :confused: Just glad to see ur here on this side of the list bro :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tim. My brother was closer to him than I was because I was living abroad for so long. He was an alcoholic and very depressed. He shot and killed himself four years ago. My brother called me in floods of tears. I think about Tim often, particularly lately.

3 Likes

My uncle Gerrit died of alcolism at 64 years old in 2016. Died a painful death. I didn’t like him as a person :flushed: But I feel sorry for him. Nobody deserves a death like that :cry:

3 Likes

Two years ago; my brother, an alcoholic and drug user (I don’t know to what extent) died of an MDMA (Exctacy) overdose. I found his body at his home bymyself. Autopsy showed no other drugs and alcohol in his blood. There was plenty of alcohol in his house. I miss him every second of every day. RIP my baby.
My brother in law, my friend, an alcoholic, commited suicide when he was drunk, seventeen years ago. RIP. He left my sister drinking herself to death and smoking three packs a day ever since. we have been watching her die everyday. Many suicide attempts.
My friend of twenty years, roommates at some point, Melissa, an alcohilic. Borrowed a gun from a friend and shot herself in the head three and a half years ago. I miss her dearly. She didn’t know how to cook. On the days I was working long hours, she would make me pancakes for dinner. It stayed as an ongoing joke between us after I moved out, whenever we wanted to make plans for dindin, as she called it. RIP Missy.
Antony Bourdain, his suicide shook me to the core. RIP.

8 Likes

My grandfather smoked like a chimney, he was my world. He was an amazing fiddle player, he played and I danced. He had this gawdy ruby red free standing ash tray from the 70’s that was always front and center. He died of lung cancer when I was 10. It was my first experience with death and I remember it as if it were yesterday. I now have his gwady ruby red free standing ash tray from the 70’s front and center, filled with a candle surrounded by beautiful stones and seashells. I miss my Pawpaw so much…
My mother in law was also a smoker, for the past few years she had suffered horribly with lung cancer. Never left her apartment, had an oxygen tank and had to sleep sitting up in a chair. She was living in Vienna Austria which is where my husband is from. They spoke several times a week on Skype, always such animated conversations with a lot of laughter. (At times I would have to look over at their facial expressions to make sure they were not upset…German can be such a harsh language lol) They also spoke very openly about death and her not wanting to suffer or be a burden to anyone. She had been a surgical nurse and had seen too much. He received a call last Feb from her home attendant that she was in the hospital and was not doing well so he should make his way there. We booked a one way flight because we had no idea of how long he would be there, and started making arrangements for him to leave. The morning of his flight he woke up to an email that she was already gone. He was crushed, having to make that 12 flight and not to be able to say goodbye. When he arrived her home attendant told him that the night she passed, she had told her that her son was on his way, and her last words were, “das ist gut” (this is good). She died a few hours later. This has given him some comfort because he believes that she hung on long enough to know he was coming, yet did not want him to see her in that condition. She was a beautiful person inside and out and very much so missed…

3 Likes