Chatroom

I am glad to see so many new people on here gettingclean an sober. It does my heart good. Welcome to all remember we are all here to help. Good luck in your journey.

Hi everyone Iā€™m new here. I like to share my story if I may. Iā€™ve been having issues with binge drinking since Iā€™ve been 15. Iā€™m 24 now. And Iā€™ve come to realize I need to seek help with this. Iā€™m hurting my family and myself with this problem. Once I start with that one drink I canā€™t seem to stop. I make really bad decisions under the influence and the guilt keeps eating me alive. But only to once again hit the bottle. It saddens me deeply that I canā€™t stop. Any motivation and guidence with this would Be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Good morning All have a blessed day I am clean for 13 dayā€™s Iā€™m glad to be back on the positive attitude and focused on Recovery :slight_smile:

Mornin everyone, day15 No whiskey, day 3no beer, day 5 No weed, day 15 No crap food

Well this is a sad morning for me I relapse last night really hating myself for this and I donā€™t know what to do I canā€™t seem to get passed a week of no drinking and it really sucks any help guys!?

Itā€™s a long story, but i lost rhe love of my life after 12 years due to my drinking. I lost. My kids and the only way to get them back is to get completely sober amd get my life bac k in order. I am currently going thru paws right now and hope and pray that its not to late. I know that I have caused a lot of pain. They are my motivation. She left 40 days ago and I was doing great until this last weekend when I faltered and drank beer. Got all emotional and made a ass of myself once again. I got this! I will own this! I miss them so ooo much. More than drinking . :slight_smile:

Drinking has pushed everyone I have ever loved sway myself. Iā€™m sorry to hear this I hope you can over come the devil and push away the bottle it is the hardest thing for me I use to use heavy amounts of drugs but walked away no prop been sober from meth n hrrion for 4 years now why canā€™t drinking be has easy has that was.

And I hope you get her and your kids back I donā€™t have kids yet so I donā€™t know the feeling your going through but know some people going through what your going through n itā€™s not easy

Just starting day 4! I am ready for this :smile:

Day 1 for me

Getting up at 6am to get 3 kids ready for school with a hangover and the kind of sleep you get after a binge and having to struggle through the entire day is why Iā€™m afraid of myself.

Had almost 18 months back last Decemberā€¦been struggling ever since. Up and downā€¦weeks then BAMā€¦again. Need my peopleā€¦thats truly the path to sobriety! Excited to have found you ALL!!! :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m pretty new here but Iā€™m two days sober and terrified of relapse. Iā€™ve been told at meetings to keep sweets on me at all times because apparently they help with alcohol cravings.

Because my chance of relapse is pretty high right now, does anyone have any other methods that they use? :purple_heart:

i had to much to drink last night ā€¦im so sick of itā€¦has anyone had hypnotism to help stop this habbit :neutral_face

Hey hey heyā€¦45 days clean of opiatesā€¦so proud of myself!! Sending positive vibes to all my fellow addicts! Stay strong! You got this!

Tonight was very tough- Iā€™m going through recent break up- but I resisted the urge to pick up vodka on my way home. Drank my chamomile tea and read a book instead. Still sad but I know itā€™d be worse if I drank. Best wishes to everyoneā¤

Is drinking non alcoholic beer worth it? Or am I best to stay clear?

In my experice na beer made it worse, I started using that everyday and eventually relapsed

Non alcoholic beer tastes horrible. It made me realise I didnā€™t really like beer and it was the alcohol I was looking for.