Checking in daily to help maintain focus #4

Day 8 sober. Woah!!! This thread is in its fourth edition!!!
Yesterday I had a relapse nightmare but I am sober and with strength. I love you all @Jenyoyo your numbers are brilliant!!!:heart::two_hearts::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

15 Likes

Day 133

Little one not too well, high temp and not herself so lots of tlc and hugs mixed with a few cartoons lol :hugs::blue_heart:

Sorting a few bits and pieces out in the house inbetween when get a minute

Have a good day peeps :v::blue_heart:

18 Likes

eedb4f931b1e5cf54f1fc5544d4cae5d--new-month-quotes-new-love-quotes

Love you all

11 Likes

#72. My new normal…coffee and forum reading. Wife and I being civil - that’s great! 31 years of ups and downs can take a toll on each other. I do enjoy the quiet mornings, just not a fan of waking up early for no reason.

13 Likes

50.48 Days… And shocker, another crazy busy day ahead. I’m grateful for it. My energy is up and I’m feeling good. At some point last week I think a little spot of why can’t I be a social drinker hit the old noggin, so I recognize that as a precursor, so I’m sharing it. I need to recognize the signs wayyyyyy early. I will no longer keep those little not so innocent thoughts to myself, because they grow and then I end up manipulating my own damn self into drinking which is nuts! I love being sober. I’m so happy, I smile all the time, there’s purpose in my life. No more devil juice!

ED 2.56 days. Dayum! Almost lost my shit yesterday. I came extremely close. I’m reading this CBT book that has all these wonderful reviews, but the typos are ridiculous. Why has no none noticed or mentioned this in any review? However, I’m trying to focus on the content which has been helpful. ODAT I can do this!!

18 Likes

20 Likes

1M 21D / Today is going to be a good day. It’s nice and cold outside. Third day on my little diet experiment. Didn’t drink a cup of coffee for breakfast. Just had water. Brought some spaghetti for lunch and then a light meal for dinner. Nothing less, nothing more. Have a good day everyone! Love yah all ^.^

15 Likes

DOUBLE DIGITS!! Thrilled for you this morning friend. You’re well on your way and doing such a great job taking it one day at a time. Keep going. I got your back. :hugs:

1 Like

88 days today. Get 90 day chip this Sunday :tada::confetti_ball::medal_sports::nerd_face:

13 Likes

Checking in 62.07 days. My 14yo is struggling which means I’m struggling. I wish I could take her troubles away. But I can’t. I hate leaving her home to go to work but I really don’t have a choice today. Some days are harder than others and I think this is going to be one of those days.

20 Likes

Checking in day 36.

11 Likes

At the start of my journey. Day 3. Been here before but it feels different this time🤞

10 Likes

Thank you! And Life is good! Just continuing to figure myself out! Lol! Been overwhelmed with school lately, can’t wait til Thanksgiving break! How are you!?

2 Likes

Checking in day 229.

13 Likes

Checking in on day 4. Every day feels a little bit better, but with a little bit better comes higher expectations for myself. When I am feeling horrible my only expectation is to make it through the day, but when I am back on track, I feel like I should be able to do it all and then some. I’m trying to lower this expectation to a reasonable level, but I’m just not completely sure how to do that???.. Anyway, today is good day, alcohol free.

10 Likes

Day 55…Typing up all of my 4th step inventory today so I can review it all.

Now I understand why they call it “working the steps” because it’s a lot of reading, writing, and reviewing.

13 Likes

My anxiety is subsiding a little bit. But Its be replaced by a numbness caused by thinking about what I’m going to have to do to make this happen.

I’m not really worried, its just a lot of changes are going to happen and I’m running those through my head.

To make this happen there are going to be a lot of situations I’ll need to wrap my head around. I know you’re not supposed to think about that, but its going to be a big deal and it’ll be happening often for a while. My track record for self control is not good. So I think I’m just attempting to prepare myself.

This is the first time I’ve actually taken multiple steps to prepare and keeping what I want to do in mind longer than a few days.

The weekend will be the kicker. That’ll be the first barrier that will let me know how this will go. I feel like I’m just running into the weekend preparing for a battle.

I’m sandwiched between last weekends left over anxiety and a coming anxiety. I’m just a little numb.

5 Likes

All good baby.

1 Like

Good to hear from you here too dear :kissing_heart:
I’m getting better at getting better :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Day 18. Yesterday was pretty rough. I wanted a drink after work but skated on by the brewery. Temptation driving home. I did not cave. Had a delivery of wine at the door ( i cancelled the club but they couldnt stop the last shipment) Put it out of sight and didnt touch it after My wife was having a melt down. Comforted her. Then dinner time and I was gonna make salmon. Then got yelled at in the kitchen for some stupid reason. I guess that is how she is handling all this pressure but man I wanted to give up. Still i hung on… But im feeling weak. Don’t know how much longer I am gonna be able to keep this up. …

11 Likes