Checking in daily to help maintain focus #7

Checking in. Got to finish work early today.
Sun is beaming hot and beach seems the only solution.
Was able to surprise my mother this morning with brunch… French toast with cinnamon, maple syrup and bacon. She is 25+ years clean and in the fellowship.
Cycle breaker and deserves to be treated like a queen after the shit I put her through :laughing:
Enjoy your weekend all

17 Likes

Day 65 checked in.

12 Likes

Staying clean one day at a time.

10 Likes

The idea of alcohol repulses me. I call this growth. :heart:

5 Likes

Day 460. Made it through the week. Feeling lonely today though. I’m also anticipating tomorrow to be challenging emotionally overall. I’ll be facing several different anxieties/fears of mine over the course of the day, and doing a few things besides that I know will stir up feelings. I’d rather stay home and do nothing, but it’s part of my new approach of facing (at least some) fears head-on to make them lose their power, and trying new things and seizing opportunities to try and possibly fail, instead of always shrink back, wonder what could have been, and regret inaction.

All I can do about it today though is get a good sleep.

21 Likes

My jobs are regularly on my daily list of things to be grateful for…a few people were recently fired at one of my jobs, definitely makes me uneasy.

6 Likes

Happy to hear that Nate! Another thing to be grateful for, access to modern health care.

Hope you feel better soon! I broke a bone in my foot the other day, luckily no surgery or cast.

Day 509 :coffee:
Went to the concert yesterday!! :confetti_ball:

It was beautiful, creative and weird all in one! Just my “thing” loved it!
Saw a lot of booze, but had no temptation at all!

Have an oppointment at the hairdresser at 8! It seems like a good time when I made that appointment, now it doesn’t :joy: A bit too early!
Have a great saturday TS people! :heart:
17 Likes

Day 221! Working today. I’ve started to enjoy that more and more. It gives me an “excuse” to not have plans for Friday.
Take care everyone! :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Day 58!!!:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you @Here.I.am it is a godsend. Used to go camping with my son but he 19 and at uni now. So saved sold my car and bought a van… i do love going off in it and exploring. This was my first sober trip and so nice walking up fresh remembering everything… rather than hungover … have another long walk today and head home… have a good day

2 Likes

@GVLNative been lovely. Woke up fresh and clear headed. Will have breakfast with no wine… god i used to do that and walk dog for hrs to clear my head!! Just made me shudder thinking about it… anyway long walk on beach. Cup of tea and toastie for lunch head home. Back on job hunt tomorrow… have a good day we on day 19… how are you feeling? Still going strong?

2 Likes

So well done for ignoring that thought. Hope you have a better day today…

2 Likes

Proud of you girl @Frantasticooo. Congrats on 260 days sober :hugs::muscle::two_hearts::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

16 months today af, good morning from Finland, having my late morning coffee. Have not been around so much but love to see your growing numbers and appreciate your hard efforts in keeping it clean peeps. I’m here today thanks to my sober fellows/friends and the community of AA. Alone I’m nothing. Wish everybody a happy sober Saturday :hugs::sparkles::metal:

27 Likes

Happy sober sixteen months Sunday, lady! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Day 561. Been crazy at work. This week a coworker commented, “You’re a sea of calm… What happened to you?” :rofl: Glad it appears that way, I guess?

16 Likes

Well done on your sober days, Better a sea of calm than a life on the rocks.

1 Like

day 98 alcohol day 58 weed and tobacco. I’m already far to happy everyday to think it possible to start feeling that 100 day buzz and 2 months off weed. You may not here from me again in a couple of days, I could well just explode.

13 Likes

Day 67, since im familair with the program (AA) a half year ago , i never reach the 90 days…
Somehow this number of abstitent is hard for me to get…
I really want to go out an party, but i know deep down i would relapse…
I feel happy to be sober, but i also feel a void in me…sometimes its so f*cking boring, like im shackled…
Anyway i stick with the winners…excuse my language, but i need to get this of my chest

12 Likes