* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Wonderful to hear! And marcona almonds are delicious :yum:

it must do, I feel alot better today than I did a few days ago. I’m only one day ahead of you so let’s both keep it that way… Well done for getting this far, OMG I nearly typed fat, what a lovely inspirational moment that could of been.

2 Likes

Glad you are settling in nicely! Shame about the garden but I’m sure there are lots of lovely places to go nearby when the sun shines. And if you are ever in England I have an allotment that needs lots of work, ha!

Do you live in Wales or just visiting? I have coworker friend from there. Lovely accent she has

Congrats on those fantastic numbers!! Well done. And well done on a very cute baby :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Mno! How did the 150 km Dam tot Dam bike tour went? Heared that a lot of runners weren’t allowed to start because of the heath. Did you went?

1 Like

Checking in 208. Venice.

15 Likes

No. But not too far away. Took an hour half to get to there but we can be in South Wales in half an hour.

1 Like

19 days, the most sober days I’ve put together in several years! Had to cancel plans today because my son has some type of virus so going to be a staying at home disinfecting everything type day lol

13 Likes

Day 81

Awful sleep, hot & agitated, few hours if that but up early all the same

Some yoga and meditation too pick my mood/tiredness up plus coffee lol! :coffee::grin:

Out to see my mum and take her out for a bit from the hospital with my father and brother. Was quite emotional as haven’t seen or spoke to my brother in a long time so we had a good natter and tried to mend broken bridges which was worth it. Great to see mummy happy and smile as we took her round the park and feed the ducks etc, small steps enroute to her discharge date hopefully soon. Even though she’s in the later stages of dementia to see the happiness in her eyes is so worth it :blue_heart:

Back home bit of creativity time with the little one, cutting, sticking and drawing whilst watching cartoons

Bit of meditation to unwind before a lovely veggie Mexican dinner by the missus

Sort out the little ones stuff for school tomorrow and get her into her reading more before bed, then Netflix and chill with the missus

The smallest things in life that make the biggest impact! :v::blue_heart::blush:

Smile-Positive-Quotes-04

15 Likes

Checking in 18

Tired, satisfied and slowly getting the energy going in the middle of the shift. Progress not perfection! Taking each day as it comes and really trying to let things be how they are or should be and to focus simply on myself. Such a simple concept for myself proves to be like solving calculus by chewing bubble gum…
Grateful for a new day sober, blessed for a new today and very happy I’m able to given the opportunity to change myself with constant dedication and focus. Sounds a lot like a front and maybe it is but for now I will fake it till I make it and change my attitude and perspective.

13 Likes

It gets easier but i don’t know if it will ever be easy. I think it’s a life-long battle. Which is hard, but it’s also empowering that every day we are fighting and winning.

2 Likes

Huge congrats Dan. You couldn’t have given yourself and your family a better present.

2 Likes

Yes to it being a life long battle. If you let your guard down it can grab you. But, that said, I’m nearly a year and I have changed how I think about alcohol.
I don’t miss it because I don’t drink anymore.
I can get through days with out thinking about it because I’m not a drinker.
Other people can do whatever they like around me.
Address this relationship and things will become easier

4 Likes

Damn . Very beautiful
I aspire to be that happy and grateful one day . Right now I’m working through my depression and doing baby steps towards my happiness . Thank you for this positive inspiring post :heartbeat:

1 Like

The 150 km bike tour started at 8 in the morning Buts.We weren’t stopped. it was nice. I normally ride alone. Riding in groups goes faster. 29km/hour today. For me that’s very fast. I had fun and was back before 2pm (when the runners were stopped). I ran it once, 2 years ago, but I don’t think I’ll do that again.

16 Likes

I need to stop being bitter that I have this battle to fight. It’s not fair. But there are a lot of battles people fight that they didn’t ask for and that aren’t fair. Guess I’m just in the pity party stage. How do you shift from the thought that you’re being denied something good? I need to acquire a healthy hatred of alcohol. Just not there yet. I still see it as something I have to give up that other people get to have. I think it’s time to look for a meeting… Maybe.

7 Likes

Day 5!! Yesterday was hard. My mind tried to talk me into quitting. But I woke up this morning feeling 1000x better!
Also, I am amazed at how good I look with these white eyes. :+1:

10 Likes

Dan!!! You are such a champion and an inspiration to me. So very well done on your year. This really fills me with joy. And shit. It means I’m 20 days behind you. Eeek!

14 Likes

Day 70 check in.Probably my hardest weekend since I’ve sobered up .Grateful I’m still Sober✌🏻

13 Likes