Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

27 Likes

Day 5 for me and hanging in there!

26 Likes

Day 17 (one of my favorite prime numbers, to boot).

It’s my hubby’s first day working from home, which will be an adjustment for us both. I am going to use this as additional motivation to hold myself accountable for goals I’m working on, like daily physical activity, cutting out the daily chocolate binges, and keeping a better schedule and routine. About to head down to the basement for a yoga session, since I rearranged the tv area yesterday just for that reason. Then maybe some weight lifting and by then it will be lunch time with the husband. Here I go!

Today I am grateful for:

• Space heaters on damp, cold days
  • A week+ of sleeping REALLY well
  • Video chat with my niece Maya, who is starting to make talking sounds at me!

Sending out my best wishes for strength, solidarity and sobriety.

P.S. My hubby was so proud telling me just now that he really wanted a beer last night but he made the decision not to. Right on, husband!

22 Likes

Day 2, and feel like I’m still recovering! I still have a headache. Luckily no patients on the schedule today and I’m staying home working on homework. Took a hot shower and feel a bit better. Hope everyone has a good day and is staying as sane as possible!

19 Likes

Very well put. One of the things I try to keep in mind is that as different as we are, we are humans and humans all need love kindness and compassion. And yes, we are all here for support in sobriety. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

yep. patience… good luck. we are here!

1 Like

Day 149

Haven’t seen much from @Lisa07 or @Jane.c recently (or I just missed posts). Thinking of you. Hope you both are ok :pray::kissing_heart:

18 Likes

If I can do it YOU can do it! I am so happy to finally be FREE from that toxic poison called alcohol!

21 Likes

Doesn’t time fly :rofl::kissing_heart::+1:

I know what you mean though. I occasionally think that of others :sweat_smile::grimacing::joy:

13 Likes

Day 3.

Been having trouble sleeping, as I don’t remember how to fall asleep. Previously I just passed out every night. Now I lie awake in bed for a few hours, staring at the ceiling before finally drifting off.

Did a search in the forums and found some tips, as well as the reassurance that this isn’t unusual and should pass in a week or two. Hopefully a better night’s sleep tonight. Thanks everyone.

22 Likes

One day at a time. I’ll never stop trying.
Well done everyone on all your sober days, one more can’t hurt. Be strong.

34 Likes

That’s the ticket!! :+1::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

sounds a bit feeble saying it after day one again but just gotta believe.

2 Likes

Not feeble at all. I knew I had a problem in 2004. Tried on and off to stop/moderate for years. 99.99% off. Took me 7 months of being here daily for it to click. I do believe that keeping on trying really matters! I’m scared that if I slip, I’ll be a goner.

Everyone’s journey is different. Keep trying!! You’re worth it!! :+1::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Hey Cate, I’m here. Been really busy with work. I’m gonna try to catch up on some reading here tonight. Hope you’re doing well. You’re really stacking up those days. Very proud of you sis.

2 Likes

YAY!!! Glad you’re here. Missed you sis :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Stayed up later than usual during my sober period.
Played with some guitar chords and found a nice chord combo…

12 Likes

Day 262! Its AMAZING, I never would have imagined I could do this. But I can! One day at a time, I am living this beautiful life sober. And sober life = my best life :raised_hands::blush:

25 Likes

Day 524. Staying sober one day at a time :sparkling_heart:

28 Likes

:heart: liking here as I’ve run out of the easy ones :+1::heart:

2 Likes