Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Keep trying!! I hope you feel better soon! Sobriety is wonderful for the immune system!

1 Like

I am back on Day 2. I don’t like to look at the number. I didn’t want to come back here, and yet, here I am.

Stay engaged. Feel better! Be carefule!

7 Likes

Checking in on Day 2. I slept like shit and feel hungover. I knew I would and it’s OK.

Just thinking about the first time I went to AA -1993. That didn’t end well and I ended up doing blackout drinking for quite awhile. I swore off hard alcohol for the most part in '98. I still did the occasional margarita or shots - but I stuck to beer and wine because I got tired before I got to blackout.

Fast forward to now: 6-9 beers a day, every day, except when I am working a program, which includes being here - every day. Tipsy, not drunk…but I hate it. There is no reason to check out of life, at least not if you ever want a better life.

At one of my darkest and lowest points, @Englishd, responding to someone else, said something to the effect of “You don’t want to die. You just don’t want to live like you’re living.” It stuck with me and it runs through my head a lot. I can’t change my life until I change my habits. Knowing that is the easy part.

8 Likes

not here mate tried exercise preferred chocolate. I’m 6 foot tall and about 14 stone of pure hard cocco.

3 Likes

it’s a lesson we all have to learn at some point, nothing was ever achieved in moderation. Lesson learnt so now move forward. :+1:

1 Like

day 2 is great, every day is great. Well done. :v::pray:

1 Like

Day 100.6

Meetings all day so I have not checked in.
Hopefully everyone is having a great and sober day!!!

16 Likes
  1. Thirsty and wanting snacks, a bit lost feeling, but I think that’s a pretty natural response to these crazy times. Not drinking today.
7 Likes

Thank you i got it! They called me this afternoon… think i am in shock…

11 Likes

100 days Bravo!!
So proud of you… you have worked tirelessly and deserve to hit triple numbers… onwards and upwards…

Virtual high 5
Sober twin

1 Like

Thank you waiting for the shock to wear off…

1 Like

Great sober days you got there, bet your well chuffed. Proud of you. :muscle:

@Hopeful777
You got the job!! Marie, this is AWESOME news!!!
Whooooooohooooooo!!!

3 Likes

Thank you… not sunk in…

3 Likes

Just checking in to say hello and I’m doing well. I’m 14 days away from 9 months sober and I’m stoked , but I wish I could go to my meeting and get my chip. I guess I’ll get it when everything goes back to some semblance of normal .:yum: I’m keeping busy cooking and baking that now I’m so done with eating. I work on 1000 piece puzzles all the time. It takes me a week to do one and it’s pretty relaxing. I’m getting my garden ready to roll and plant, it’s about the length of 2 pickup trucks and 1 wide. Not good with figuring out footage. Lol I do enjoy the memes thred, which I’m on all the time, even got my account suspended for 2 days. Guess I missed someone off with posting a pic of booze (get over it) lol. Oh well can’t make everyone e happy. :grin:

10 Likes

Thank you i cant quite believe it… think i need to sleep on it…:100: … those hundreds keep popping up​:grin::grin:

1 Like

13 Likes

Look at you!!! My Cup Runneth Over :paw_prints::heart::paw_prints:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Continues here: Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12