Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Day 135.
Not much sleep. Thinking of the tragic event in my home province. There was a mass shooting, and at least 17 people lost their life. So very sad. Not a typical occurrence and it’s devastated the province. My heart goes to all family and community members involved. Waiting for more info to be released.
Didn’t meant to put a damper on the check in thread but it’s heavy on my heart and mind today. I’ll hug my little guy extra close today :two_hearts::canada:

26 Likes

I’m sorry Lisa, that is a lot. It’s uphill from here and I admire your dedication.

1 Like

Quick check in at 12.53 days. It’s moving day! Heading over early to grab my keys and bring the stuff from my fridge, take a few pics, soak up the view, then back here to meet the movers. My daughter is coming here to lock up and drop off the keys so I can beat the movers to the new place. I hope I timed everything right because I can only reserve the freight elevator for 2 hours :flushed:
It’s raining today, boo :pensive:

17 Likes

Amazing thanks…I will have a look later,…he was interviewed by Russell brand on his podcast and he’s quite a passionate man!

1 Like

Oh my that’s sad news…:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

@Lisa07 Sounds super tough. Sending strength to u both.

@anon60334405 Stay strong! Remember all the ways ur life is better now.

@Quit4myDaughter Nice job!

@Briella Sorry to hear that. U can’t change the past, but u can affect the future. Go affect it in a good way.

@Salty So terrible. Things like that really make u think.

@Girlinterrupted Oooh! Excited for u!

Day 121
Was busy struggling with tech this morning, then house stuff this afternoon. Felt like I wanted a quick release, (the kind u get from a drink), but noticed and just had tea and a walk. I feel more in tune with my feelings recently, probably because they are not fighting to be heard over alcohol or hangover.

13 Likes

did see that on the news here in UK this morning, totally shocking, can imagine how unsettling and scary it would be. Take care

1 Like

happy moving day Beth, hope all goes according to plan and you max the elevator out. A lovely fresh start for you. Good luck, look forward to the photos :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. I’m scared. My weekend started and I woke up feeling poorly, body aching, nose stuffy and starting to run a bit, sore throat, feeling like a I have a fever without actually having a fever. As long as I don’t have a fever I’m supposed to go in to work Wednesday and take care of the residents without any extra protection, gloves is the only thing I’m wearing. The only friend I’ve seen for the last month invited me over for dinner but I shouldn’t go. Than again I might be totally overreacting and there’s nothing wrong with me except some allergies. I need groceries. I want to bike but I don’t feel up to it. I feel alone and lonely. If I’d have some sleeping pills (not my DOC but something) I might pop some and get back in bed.
    I guess this will pass too. Sober and clean. Have a good day all. Love.
19 Likes

@Mno I woke up feeling the same yesterday and think it’s just allergies. I slept most of the day and just tried to rest. I’m hoping for you that you truly are just battling a little something and not “the virus”. Don’t let yourself get too freaked out. Control what you can and let go of what you can’t control. Will they let you wear a mask to work?? Keep us posted. :hugs:

1 Like

I’m just catching up on here and as far as I can tell no one offered you any advice on your situation yet. So I’m just going to say I think you should be honest with him. Tell him how you feel. Not because you need him to overly reassure you that he’s not going to leave but because in a healthy relationship you need to be able to share freely. I’ve been afraid my husband is going to leave me plenty of times. It usually has more to do with me being insecure in my own self than the actual chance that he’s going to leave. I had a therapist tell me once, when my husband and I were going through a really hard time, that I need to get to a place where I know I’ll be ok when/if he does leave. I need to know that although it isn’t what I want, if he chooses to leave I’ll be ok. That was a hard place to get to. But maybe somewhere you need to go mentally. Just a suggestion. It’s hard having fights and not having resolution. Make sure you take care of what you can take care of and don’t try to take responsibility for things that aren’t your fault too just to smooth things over. You have to be ok with being uncomfortable sometimes. It sucks but it’s best. Wishing you peace and joy in your home. :blush:

4 Likes

Masks are impossible to come by atm Cristel (for me personally). It might be an idea though. If I still feel like this tomorrow morning I’ll call my manager and talk. @Fargesia_murielae too: yes, it could just be allergies. But I’ve been in close contact with a colleague last week that since tested positive. I have Benadryl here, I might take one of those. But that’s almost like doing drugs to me, it’s rather old fashioned anti-histaminic medicine that’s for sale over the counter in the USA but in Europe for a long time has been banned because it causes rather severe drowsiness (well in me anyway). Will put me to sleep very likely. Maybe not a bad idea.

6 Likes

That must be nerve-wracking, thinking of u. Whatever it is freaking out won’t help (easy to say, I know)

1 Like

Day 91.

Made it to 90 over the weekend. Struggling a lot recently. Starting back to daily SMART meetings to manage. Tons of heavy stuff on my mind lately. Too much time alone with my thoughts I guess.

22 Likes

90 days!!! You’ve worked so hard to get here, keep going. Focus on what you can control and leave the rest. You’re doing so many good things to care for yourself. Keep fighting the good fight! You will be victorious!!

4 Likes

Congrats on 7 days - 1 week is awesome!

awesome

4 Likes

Ahhhhh just picked up my keys and dropped off a few things. Can’t wait to get back. This view! Even nice on a rainy day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

27 Likes

Gorgeous Beth! So happy for you!

2 Likes

Your appartment is really nice Beth!!
Beautiful place.

2 Likes

Happy Monday, TS friends! Checking in, Day 104 sober.

Yesterday I attended a double speaker meeting on Zoom, did a 12 mile bike ride, had a fire in the backyard fire pit, and did a Skype call with my kids (can’t visit the in person due to Covid19 :cry:) Today I think I’ll do another bike and there’s a Step meeting at noon. Stay strong!

11 Likes