Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

2 Likes

Day 41. Happy motherā€™s day. Unless you are a seahorseā€¦

10 Likes

Kick ass!!! Way to go dude!!! So happy for you!

1 Like

Back on day zero again. Just sober out from 7 days long relapse and feeling completely devastated.
Will try again taking it day by day.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear that Rad; are you going to do something different?
Iā€™m sort of in the same boat and I realized I donā€™t really have a strong foundation other than here and abstaining. I have a big book from aa I started reading again and was just going to listen to some YouTube meetings.
Stick around here more too and talk to us!

5 Likes

Day 62ā€¦
Spent some time at my moms today with my son. She was happy to see him!
Happy Motherā€™s Day to all the Momā€™s!!

10 Likes

Normally, commenting about cute chicks on the internet would be a low point for me. Totally not the case here. What does one feed a quail chick?

2 Likes

Hi Donna. I will definitely need to do something else rather than just hope I will win with addiction on my own.
At the minute trying to callm down anxiety as is way to high to concentrate on anything.
I will have a look at these online meetings just need to put myself together.

2 Likes

HAHA good one!! Luckily they are born able to feed themselves kinda like chickens doā€¦ so we got some chick starter feed at the feed store. So far so good. In a few weeks we will be taking it for walks in the desert.

2 Likes

Hellllooooo! I would have liked your comment, but Iā€™m out of likes for the day!:crazy_face: Iā€™ve been hiding behind my likes instead of commenting lately!:rofl: You canā€™t blame me, itā€™s my nameā€™s fault!

5 Likes

Great post. Happy Motherā€™s Day!

1 Like

Checking in: 7 months and 2 days. Yesterday was absolutely awful. I fought drinking the whole day. I really thought I didnā€™t have to fight anymore but I was begging higher powers I never knew existed to help me. Complacency is an insidious monster. Just soo grateful I stayed sober. One day at a time. It really does help having other people who are invested in your sobriety. I donā€™t think I would have got through it otherwise. My toolkit is much improved this time around and it made a huge difference. I feel like I went to war yesterday I am physically and emotionally exhausted today. Happily my demons also seem to be exhausted today. Stay strong everyone.:two_hearts:

20 Likes

175 Days: Happy Motherā€™s Day to all the wonderful mothers! Spent the day with my mom at my sisters house. Great day, made my BBQ ribs and had momā€™s potatoe salad! Almost felt like a normal day. No masks, but we did keep our distance from one another.

I was lucky enough to get tested for Covid 19 last week. If you havenā€™t experienced this yet donā€™t!! Honestly feels like someone is sticking a small stake in your brain and then wiggling it around for 15 seconds. So awesome. Luckily I was negative, but I have had four of my installers test positive in the last two weeks. They are all doing ok, but Iā€™m nervous about the rest of the installers who work for me and their families. Whatā€™s a little more stress during an already super stressful time. One day at a time has never had a more important meaning in my life than it does today.

But Iā€™m still sober with no real desire to drink. My brother-in-law did offer me a Moscow Mule at the bbq today, one of my favorite summer drinks. Although the thought was tempting, I was well prepared and politely declined. Heā€™s not aware of my almost six months of sobriety. Itā€™s not as obvious Iā€™ve quit drinking as it was when I checked into rehab last time I got sober!:joy: The rehab kind of gives it away.

Happy to be sober, sick of being bored, need a vacation so badly! Keep fighting everyone. We can all stay sober for one more day! Thanks for being here for me, your help and support has made a huge difference in my life. Love this community!

29 Likes

Congrats on 6 months sober! And I totally hear you Iā€™m so bored and need a vacationā€¦ hopefully sooner than later. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I think we all deserve a vacation!!

2 Likes

We sure do! :slight_smile::sunny::palm_tree::hibiscus:

Day 602 :coffee:
I decided it before, but it didnā€™t work out then :hugs:
Going to try it again: more distance from TS.
Iā€™m here every day and that helped me a lot in staying sober. But now that alcohol has not a big part in my life anymore I want to give it less attention. Being here is attention.
Iā€™m also too much on my phone and want to reduce that too.
So donā€™t worry about me if you donā€™t see me for a few days ore more!

Picture of young customer entertaining herself in my shop :wink:

31 Likes

whoa been so busy with quiting drinking, i havent even been checking my tracker on this one and just blew by a milestone.

31 days without weed.

18 Likes

I love waking up to great news it sets me up for the day, so well done you and thank you for the motivation today., :100::100::muscle::muscle::v::+1:

2 Likes

Day 400 :muscle::raised_hands: Time is flying by, but overall things are good. Stay awesome all!

21 Likes