Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

Sorry about what happened to your wife, everything happens for a reason. Just pray for strength and sobriety. :pray::muscle:
Blessings and sobriety my friend.
:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

This one next to my bed

This one i got this week from one of the peopz helping out. 2bad videoā€™s dont fly here, i had an hilarious one where she suddenly started pissing like a boy couse of the male dog she walks with of those people take her out. I lmao when i say her immitating and lifting 1 leg at exactly the same tree where Floki just dus his business :grin:

Today i managed to just eat again a few spoons more @GVLNative also so step by step, i will get there.
Gonna need your support though couse the difficult part starts at home, still in pain and recovering.

I keep u posted and hope 2 post a fresh nala soon for you Lisa

11 Likes

Thank you @Beardy_McTallman :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Day 293. Trying my best to not be beyond annoyed, but things just keeps ticking at me. Iā€™m very much of the ā€œif it needs done, do itā€ mindset, however, when things need done (taking out trash/recycling, doing dishes, cleaning in general) itā€™s me doing it 99% of the time while my s/o sits in her office playing video/computer games all day/night. Currently playing a game of "just how full can the trash can getā€¦or like on Friday, our trash day, if youā€™ve been home all day, bring the empty trash can up to the house instead of letting it sit at the road all day for me when I get home.

Sorry, Iā€™m just beyond frustrated, and getting snapped at this morning because she woke up late, didnā€™t prep a lunch, and I didnā€™t know where her keys were just set me off.

Have a strong day!

18 Likes

Thank you ā€¦ and a very Happy New Year to you @Dolse71 :joy:

Stay strong Paul. Youā€™ve got a good momentum goingā€¦ So sorry about your wifeā€™s situation. That sucks, especially as you both worked together :frowning:

Donā€™t stop fighting. Jumping off the sober wagon wonā€™t help anything. Fight any and all temptations. Please. :pray::hugs::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Day 166. Still here.

15 Likes

I can relate sometimes I feel like Iā€™m the only one that does anything around here. :roll_eyes: hope it gets better for you!

1 Like

I call her my Mrs but sheā€™s not my wife, weā€™ve been together 20 years but sheā€™s not sure yet :grin:

5 Likes

Attended my first online NA meeting today :slight_smile: Pretty neat actually. Got to share. Felt a sense of relief by actually sharing using my voice. I feel good! Today has been a good day so farā€¦ have just been cleaning, went to that meeting and then I will smudge (pray) later. Doing my best to stay recovery focused. Will be getting $$ on wed so I need to make a plan for what I need to do to stay clean :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That stuff would grind on me too, man. Same mindset here. Exact same stuff, and it was the same for me. I was doing 95% of the caretaking of the dogs, and Iā€™d say 80-90% of daily house stuff. These numbers are just arbitrary but you know what I mean.
Sheā€™d be home all day too and yet Iā€™m the only one using the little free time I had during the day to take care of chores or animals, not watching tv. She tries her best but it seemed like it just wouldnā€™t cross her mind. Just how her brain works different from mine, and thats fine. Free moment? You can bet Iā€™m cleaning, cooking, taking the dogs out, whatever. That way at night I can chill, knowing everything is squared away.

On days where I was feeling ok, I just dealt with itā€¦but on days where I was already annoyed, anxious, or feeling underappreciated - you could bet it would be eating at me. I would never go further than a bit of grumbling under my breath in private, though.

All that to say: In retrospect, poor communication on my part if you ask me, and those resentments do build over time. I could have diffused my own frustration with a discussion.

Nothing will change and your frustrations will continue unless you say something, even though it is a hard subject to broach without coming off as a nag (at least thats how I felt). Have you tried talking to your s/o about it?

4 Likes

Itā€™s come up a few times before, and things change for a whileā€¦and slowly itā€™s right back to where it started.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll just suck it up and handle whatever needs done, because I canā€™t stand knowing the trash is overflowing and the recycling is about to tumble over the brimā€¦

2 Likes

Checking in on day one :pray:

5 Likes

You could make up a chart for chores each day, lolšŸ˜‰
That or sticky notes! Jkā€¦

1 Like

Canā€™t rush these things!:face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

marriage is so final, next comes slippers and an early night really does mean an early night :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: She just wants to fit in with the boys @050Nl. Iā€™m loving the pics as usual. Sheā€™s so beautiful.

1 Like

Gorgeous pics Beth! Glad youā€™re feeling better.

1 Like

More power to ya on 50K runs!!!
My body was not built for running.

1 Like

And I couldnā€™t give a toss, I would rather be drunk and stoned.

14 Likes

3 Likes