Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

This one’s for you @AyBee

22 Likes

Mindfulness came up in the SMART meeting tonight.

I haven’t tried it, but found the concept is interesting.
Does anyone practice mindfulness?

5 Likes

Checking in during the final hours before I reach 18 days. Sleep has gone crappy this week. Iritible and a major case of the blahs. Got to stay strong though. Reading all your posts help. Night sober friends!

10 Likes

I was hoping for a reprieve for you given the current circumstances. Your grace and courage are miracles that keep me going. Please message me with some details on how to get a letter to you.

3 Likes

Day 543. Today was a lot better than yesterday! No more constant bleeding and stress and discomfort. Mind, body and heart were all saying “Whoa you’ve had a lot, take it easy when you can”, so I did, letting the self-talk that I was slacking just fall to the ground. I want my “drive” back, where I’m eager to tackle challenges, but I guess for now I can work with just pushing through each day, it’ll come back again somehow.

21 Likes

Glad you’re here :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Ugh I am in the same boat with that too. I was talking to @Dolse71 and @Beardy_McTallman about this the other day. Think a lot of it comes down to fear of failure and that all or nothing approach - if it isn’t perfect is it even worth doing? And the building up in your head so a mole hill becomes a mountain.

Progress, not perfection!

5 Likes

I totally get why you would want to do this - your trust has been betrayed (it’s called Alcoholics ANONYMOUS for a reason!). A question to think on though: Is this really the way you want to resolve this issue, or is it a response to your anger?

I heard this saying on a Calm meditation that stuck with me - “speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret”. I know this isn’t exactly the same because you are waiting til Sunday to respond! But I think the principle applies.

I wonder if a conversation with the chair would be a good first point of call. They may have experience of resolving these kind of issues.

5 Likes

Hahahaha those little stickman arms are amazing!

3 Likes

Saw this and thought of you @c_8

27 Likes

Thank you for your response. :pray:
I hear what you’re saying and I get your point. This situation has been in my head since the moment it happened and I don’t want anything to do with this woman outside of the meetings.
I’m just going to share my experience. I’m pretty new to meetings and I don’t want my whole life to evolve around NA/AA.
It may sound like I’m going to talk this woman down or whatever, but that’s really not my intention. The fellas I spoke to about what happened were sort of like… it happened, it’s best to tell her to follow the Twelve Traditions and to just let it go.
What happened here is not okay though, I don’t really feel free anymore to share what’s on my sleeve. I don’t plan on staying angry and I’m gonna do what’s best for me and just be honest about my feelings. Two days ago I got to the point where I wanted to quit the program alltogether. I come from a childhood where I was taught to bottle up my feelings for the “greater good” and it didn’t get me anywhere in life. I’m allowed to speak my truth, I don’t want to hold on to resentment and I feel that’s what I need to do to heal and recover. And I’m sure I can do that in a healthy manner with a few days left to cool off first. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Meditation is brilliant for cultivating mindfulness if you can do a bit each day. There are a few older threads knocking about with links to YouTube meditations.

Insight Timer is a good app with lots of free content. I use Calm (some free content) because it felt easier to navigate when I downloaded it, although recently downloaded IT again and it looks much cleaner.

Other meditation apps are available :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Day 592 :coffee:
“What do I need today?”
I notice that I’m not in a good shape mentally lately. Feeling depressed and focussed on the wrong things.
But I’m aware of it, so I can try to change it :thinking:
6875577799_4d3da453da_o
Have a good day TS friends, let’s try to make this day a good one :facepunch:

24 Likes

This is marvina checking in and REACHING out to talk to someone

6 Likes

So totally understand and agree with :100: I too do this I believe we use more energy telling ourselves it needs to be done than if we just got in and did it.xx

1 Like

Day 141! Worked out 10 hours today, and I’m really just trying to find a healthy work/life balance

12 Likes

Day 114. Next week is my 24th birthday! Feeling good!

16 Likes

Day 1,I am hoping I come out of lockdown alive…

10 Likes
  1. My 3 day weekend is here and man do I need it. Work is mentally though, stressful and tiring at the moment. My government underestimated this crisis early on so we have been short on protective materials since. And it seems to me and many of my colleagues our rules on protection follow these shortages and not scientific evidence. Anyway, no resident has tested positive at the home I work so far. But it’s creeping ever closer. Scary.
    I do understand why alcohol consumption is on the rise in society at the moment but I’m happy to report I’m not tempted. Or hardly. I know it will not help. It won’t make me forget. It would just make me depressed en feeling helpless. And make me go to work hungover. Never again. One day at a time.
    @TeejLazer I like that bike! @MrCade Big congrats on 18 months friend. Stay safe wherever you are. @Axsis Hope you feel better soon Mykola, keep going. @Ananosya congrats on 148 days! That’s awesome! Maybe come here more often, also when not feeling that bad? Sharing and reading here helps me so much, it might be useful for you too. @Jane.c and @Girlinterrupted Please keep going ladies. Good times and bad ones. Using doesn’t help with anything. @Turtlefan I’m sure it will! Enjoy. Relax. I’ll bet there with you on our days off. @Mephistopheles Congrats! Awesome! I might want something like that…
    Love from Amsterdam and the island of Terschelling where today a year ago I rode a tandem with my Texan friend. Sea and sand and air and polder and sheep and birds and happiness. Wish I was there. Good memories anyway. They help too. Have a good day all. Sober and clean.
21 Likes