Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

by the time they got to AAAA they realised the error of their ways but there was no going back.

6 Likes

Hi there!
Iā€™m doing fine, thankā€™s for asking @zzz and @050Nl :+1:
Enjoying my holiday @home
Catched these funny numbers while entering here :grin:

25 Likes

Checking in, up really early. As I get near six months of no drinking Iā€™m thinking about how this happened, I.e., how did I go from feeling it was more or less impossible to get through an evening without at least a couple of drinks, to managing it for a lot of evenings. One day at a time is a really useful thought. Plus, when Iā€™ve quit before, I thought of it as temporary deprivation. During pregnancies, I quit but started back up, it didnā€™t occur to me not to. Now I think of drinking as something mostly harmful to me. Iā€™m thinking about how to transition to the next phase, how to make sure I keep learning and being actively engaged in figuring out how to be more present, less inclined to numb feelings (which you can do without drinking too).

13 Likes

Great numbers Claudia. Congratulations :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Double Digits.Day 10 check in!!Hope everyone has a good,Sober Day!:pray::v:t2:

13 Likes

brilliant work, well done. :100::muscle:

1 Like
  1. Itā€™s a holiday here (Ascension Day) and the weather is gorgeous so it will be bloody busy out there. Iā€™m still going out for a leisurely bike and hike now. Just need to find some quiet. Have a good day all. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam. @Flamestar congrats Maartje! Enjoy the ride! @SoberWalker Happy to see you Claudia.
21 Likes

18 days and youā€™re ons 1 year bro!!! :+1::+1::partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

Omg, look at that beautiful FACE!! :heart_eyes::heart: Looks like sheā€™s enjoying life to the fullest.

Hello folks well day 6 10hours is it day 7 itā€™s a week since I last drank but couldnā€™t quite get my time right but Iā€™ll wait till it says 7 till I get my week hehe. I had my first wobble yesterday got cravings thought Iā€™d mayb have a little drink and its cos my work have added me to a group chat and all they were on about is how much they are drinking in this lockdown and how they need to meet up and drinkā€¦wasnt good but I stayed strong put the notifications on ignore and stayed soberā€¦this morning I Did around a 5k jog with my beautiful dogs today I have a 8year old terrier cross she is my profile pic Iā€™ve had her 6years as a rescue we have jogged together for about 2 yrs now mayb 3 she is great a very loving loyal dog who follows my lead and we adore each otherā€¦ I have a sprocker spaniel now also, she is only 2 almost 3 we have had her around a year and we adore each other but she is so strong on the lead and crazy jogging with her looks like Iā€™m a sled been pulled along it must look hilarious I love them both to bits but what a contrast lol. Peace out people xx

8 Likes

Great numbers!! Congratulations :+1::two_hearts:

Day 108 have a good day everyone

16 Likes

Thank you, Lea! I hope youā€™re doing the same. :kissing_heart:

@Joy Thank you love. Great job on yet another sober day!

Iā€™m checking in on day 299.

6 Likes

@anon60334405
Day 108!!! Amazing workā€¦keep it up my friend.

@flamestar
Nice car!!! Great job on 35 days!!!

@RX24
Keep working on passing up on those cravings. It is the first drink that causes the most damage.

@Dolse71
I have long wondered the same thing!!!

@apes2020
Wow, 30.88 days have passed already!!!
You are doing very well. What a cute dog!!!

@SoberWalker
Good to see you postingā€¦and on day 611.11 no less.

@blueroom
Your hard work is inspiring!!! I am sure you are ready for 6 months.

@Thumper1213
Whoooooohooooooo!!! Day 10ā€¦double digits.

@mno @SoberWalker
Happy Holiday!!!
@mno Have a great day cycling!!!

@050Nl
Nice work on 18 days!!! I am on day 4 myself.

10 Likes

Day 3 sober. Learning to cope with stress and anxiety. More work. Praying before hand itā€™s helping me

14 Likes

Day 4.

Ready for the sun to come back out.
Walked for coffee and prepping for a busy Thursday at work.

Everyone have a great and sober day!!!

@Bomdhil
Thomasā€¦great job on Day 3!!!

17 Likes

Nice work Chris!!!

1 Like

Starting over at Day 6 after an epic relapse. So ashamed. I had made it to almost 5 months last year and this year was on my way to 100 days. What made me think I could drink after so many terrible incidences, each one just worse than the last?

10 Likes

@Sam7
I am in the same boat after 120 days. I am on day 4.
I am doubling down on meetings and performing a lot of introspection.
Hang in thereā€¦go easy on yourselfā€¦we got this!!!

Iā€™ve set my sights on November which will be approx. 6 months from now.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the ā€œWhy the fuckā€ club.

4 Likes