Checking in Daily to maintain focus #13

Day 136.
Slept pretty good last night. But I still feel tired and drained… Little headache.
Today I can finally get my hair cut after a few months of growth! Due to covid 19.

Have a good sober saturday!

16 Likes

Day 10, back to double digits yay!

18 Likes

Day 6 => 174 days to 6 mos.

Off for a long weekend so I am driving to Charleston, SC for a couple of days of being away.

@CharlotteGal
We have a 6 month challenge going if you want to join in. 6 mos. celebration in November. You can see I have a countdown to 6 months. :stuck_out_tongue::+1::stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Set your boundries sizzz… a lot of people go onwards to a burn out that way. Not saying no or pleasing doesnt help anyone. When its weekend , its weekend and you deserve to be rewarded for your good work instead of beïng avalanged by your boss before closing shop :thinking::sweat_smile:
Even more when the knows what your putting up with in your life a little bit of slack would not be a misplaced way to treat you.
You have any ideas about hoe to handle this in the future before you walk over yourself again and eventhough diamonds are made under presure… dont let anyone deliver friction that you can do without !!! You rock !!

1 Like

Day 236

Had a good rest and chased the nurses out just now :innocent::rofl:
I’m feeling aight i guess.
Not a cloud in my head with depressieve thaughts to rain on me.
Taking online poëtry classes now to keep my mind of the rest of my worries. Wont be for 5,6,7 weeks till i get my independency back but i just have to make the best of it.

@Conor689908 , sup then lad? Hows the day over there?
@Mno … seems like a biking day today here :netherlands: any plans?
@anon79808082 , how are you ?
@Dolse71… please amuse me with some sarcasm and Nice quotes :innocent: always makes me laugh
@Misokatsu go go gadget good days !! You right on track i hope
@GVLNative :partying_face::partying_face: 6 days bro :+1::pray: you’ve got this
@Jenni :tulip::tulip: double digits :+1::+1::+1:

16 Likes

Happy one year soberversary dear Frannalana @Frantasticooo !!! So proud of you girl :sparkling_heart::partying_face::two_hearts::cherry_blossom::sparkles::star_struck:

7 Likes
  1. Instead of working the weekend I’m home with a bad back. Did have a decent sleep. Taking lots of painkillers, want to get of 'm as quick asap. For now I need 'm. Already I’m bored. Can’t go out.Time do do some useful stuff I suppose. Happy I’m sober and clean as I would be using like hell in a similar situation like this a year ago. I can manage this much better sober and clean. Like everything in my life is managed better sober and clean.
    @Sam7 Congrats on a full week! You might want to print what you wrote and hang it in sight. We tend to forget this when we’re thinking about picking up.
    @ifs Glad to see you have such a good day friend! Yes I’m proud of you. I know how hard this can be.
    @CharlotteGal and all on a week: happy for you, keep going!
    @Becsta Love the numbers!
    @Beardy_McTallman Good for you getting through the urge sober and learning from the experience. Again, this is an ultra run and no sprint. One day and one urge at a time. Progress.
    @ELY83 Great insight, thanks for sharing. Makes me think about myself and the why’s in a new way.
    @Jenni Double digits yeah! Congrats!
    @050Nl Hurt my back Thursday Joost. Spit of zoiets. No riding for a bit :cry:
    @everybody Have a good weekend all! Sober and clean. Love this place. Love from Amsterdam.
25 Likes

D 714

Feels really strange to have absolutely nothing going on for the long weekend. Going to see my Dad tonight but thats all I’ve got.
I’ll probably just work for 3 days. Nothing better to do. I’m growing tired of that being the default.

Anyhow, stay safe, have a good weekend.

27 Likes

I’m in the same boat @TMAC. I have absolutely nothing productive to do. It sucks. Talking sober is now my only method of socialization. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey, everyone, happy sober Saturday! Checking in sober, Day 137. Will be starting my day with a zoom AA meeting, then plan to go for a bike ride since it is another nice sunny day. Did 25 miles yesterday so today I think I’ll shoot for 30! Stay strong!

13 Likes

@Lisa07 thank you for taking the trouble to start this wonderful thread again.
Day 5 sober. Fighting against tiredness and laziness. Responsibility is difficult for me, I should learn how to manage it

11 Likes

@GVLNative thank you for being here and encouraging everyone

1 Like

Exactly…oblivion indeed. It’s scary how deep into that oblivion I went :disappointed:
I was just reading my words from last night (I was about 30seconds from sleep when I finished it :joy:) I meant to really say that it was the internal monologue that was the issue. The “still and silent observer” is actually different for me and is the non-talking non-judging part of me that sits behind all the thoughts and feelings and all the mental chatter and static. That was the part that I started identifying with in order to listen to the internal monologue that I get I needed to escape from. Hope today is going well for you :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Today I’m going to write a nice long, letter to my myself, including footnotes, so that I can read it next time I think just one is okay. It’s going to be painful to do but necessary.

1 Like

These days have become many days of laziness and slumber. Today will be a day of fruitfulness and productivity. Happy Saturday TS.

26 Likes

If by “productivity”, you mean laying in bed watching “Freaky Friday” and screwing around on my phone…then I am productive!

6 Likes

haha! If it keeps your brain occupied, we’ll take it!! Throw in a puzzle and you’re going places!

3 Likes

Day 12 Sober…Just hanging with the family this weekend.Enjoying some nice weather.Hope everyone has a Safe and Sober day :v:t2:

9 Likes

That’s swimming weather!

2 Likes

got loads of jokes some might well leave you in stitches… Oops too late.

2 Likes