Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

So proud of u for realizing u need help before u go off the rails! I am rooting for you.

9 Likes

Pat on the back to you for taking control before it got out of control. :pray::pray:

8 Likes

A hard day. A good day. Sober is good, but the stuff I was trying to run from is still there - and now I have to, get to, work through it. Mostly grief stuff, loss stuff, and so I shouldnā€™t complain, as it means I have had so much, and still have it in my memory. Afraid that a drop more loss could melt me down, but one day at a timeā€¦

I gardened on my back patio. Lotsa tears. They just need their turn tooā€¦

I am super behind on work, not because of me, but because it is so busy, and i was going to work this weekend, but I donā€™t want to substitute something unhealthy (earning my worth by working 60hr weeks) for something unhealthy (gobs of wine), so I took care of my home this weekend instead, and got sleep, and I think I will just tuck in early and get up early and face tomorrow as a new day.

One day at a timeā€¦
I wish you all peace, prosperity, and love!
M :orange_heart:

20 Likes

You are the example! Thank you for your courage and honesty and - wisdom, to know what you need.
Sending you light and hope that you get through this stretch and come out on the other side stronger stillā€¦
M :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Youā€™re very courageous. Good for you for taking the necessary action. Please keep us posted. :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

Feeling great, working on some step work doing a lot of self care

8 Likes

Good man, taking care of yourself. Weā€™re all behind you.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Take care sending you strength and positive energy. Hang in thereā€¦ sounds like your under medical care and thatā€™s a good thingā€¦ smart. Tomorrowā€™s a new day. :heart::pray:t3:

6 Likes

Hey man Iā€™ve been there and I will say your braver and stronger than me because I actually gave in got drunk and used again then ended up in the psychiatric unit. Your inspirational!

5 Likes

Hope you get the help you need wherever youā€™re going. Well done on staying sober while fighting the mental health battle. Itā€™s a tough one. Keep us posted please on how youā€™re doing!

6 Likes

283 Days. I got the nerve to call my niece and ask her to check into local services so I donā€™t have to take so much time out of my life. She wasnā€™t happy but will make some calls. I get that sheā€™s comfortable having me do it but enough already.

I have the next 2 days off from work. I have to do classes ordered by the court for my DUI. I donā€™t get a lot of days off since Iā€™m new so using them for this makes me really angry about my past choices. At least I can do them from home on zoom. My work will get backed up and Iā€™ll only have 2 days to get caught up because of the upcoming holiday. Maybe I can sneak in some work while doing the zoom class.

25 Likes

Day 12. Had a productive day. Still sober. :fist:

21 Likes

Good work!! Almost two weeks!! You should feel proud and I bet you are feeling better. :blush:

3 Likes

Hey Lisa, Iā€™m glad you are asking you niece to look into services to help herself out and to give you a break. Take care of your DUI stuff and get that behind you. I still need to do my taxes, so it motivates me knowing that you taking care of your stuff, to take care of mine.

4 Likes

Day 602. Iā€™m tired.

24 Likes
  1. Work. Looking up to it like a mountain. Will make it through. Sober and clean. And think about wth Iā€™m to do next. Have a good day all. Love from Amsterdam.
28 Likes

Mmmmm mountainsā€¦ :slight_smile: Hard to climb, so why do we love them so much?! :laughing::joy:
I think itā€™s metaphoricalā€¦ the invitation to climb, to accept that we learn while we climb, to be rewarded with whatever we can see from the topā€¦
Best wishes today at your job - no good luck, you wonā€™t need it, friend! Just be you.
MšŸ§”

2 Likes

Proud of you Joseph for recognizing and reaching out to for help. Good looking out for yourself my friend. Congratulations on your 169 days Joseph. Stay positive and just know youā€™re doing the right thing for yourself. :heart:

5 Likes
  1. Another day! I had an idea of how I would have loved the day to go. It basically went exactly the opposite of that vision lol but lots still to be grateful for and that works for me :blush:

I also saw this and liked it, doesnā€™t have much to do with my check in but Iā€™m actively trying to learn to communicate better and I think that might come with me myself not being so guarded or inwardly focused.

25 Likes

Ness, just know that you are an inspiration with what youā€™ve gone through in the past few days and how you handled it. So proud of you my friend. Keep up the step work and self care. Also wanted to say thank you for showing us how the miracles of the program work in a personā€™s life. Much respect Ness.:heart:

2 Likes