Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

I was on them for 6 months. The worst lasting side effect for me was, and apologies for this, wind.

I’m here, I’m alive and I’m sober
Day 83

Today is the day I’m supposed to determine what I actually want to do at the University.
Librarian is unfortunately out of the question, I talked to the work agency about it and they said it’s a very low chance of getting a job. And since I’ve got two other good offers I should go for them instead.

Cards still aren’t much helpful, all the other signs points to the creative line but my brain isn’t sure it agrees.

Besides that the soap opera continues as usual.

Sister is sick of her husband who clearly have alcoholic tendencies, and thinks about leaving him and moving in to my parents house. My brother is trying to buy my parents house so he’s currently living there,and doesn’t want my sister in because she has her own house. And a dog who wants to eat his cat.
Sister nr 2 is deeply in love with a guest worker from Poland who actually doesn’t want her and calls everyone about 10 times a day to whine about it.

Husbands job is still causing trouble, a lot of trouble.

Kids are starting school on Tuesday, the 10 y/o are supposed to change classroom and have lost his special support teacher during summer, not optimal for an autistic child. I also need to get the boys into an after school program so I can study.

The soon to be 18 y/o is planning to move in together with her boyfriend.

Finally I’m trying to make a friend stay away from trying drugs. Trying to get another friend to join this app because I’m sure it’ll be good for him.

And yesterday I had an all day chit-chat with a long lost fling from out of the blue, that guy is still affecting me. It’s scary,and awesome at the same time.

Once again weather is nice, so I’ll probably go back to my Sweet tea and Hot Steaming Southern Cowboy Harlequin. It’ll be a nice way to escape reality.

Wishing y’all an amazing weekend :cherry_blossom:

26 Likes

Thank you !!! So hapoy to be here . If you told me two Fridays ago I would be here … yeah , right !
Happy Friday :blush:

2 Likes

Day 13!

To think 13 days ago I was hooked up in hospital thinking I just wanted it to all end.

19 Likes

Sorry but I had to laugh out loud at all the crazy stuff in your life and family Sophia. Reminds me of “Soap” back in the day indeed. It’s amazing you keep your head level and above water. Thanks for sharing. have a good day and do the right thing. @Frozenyoghurt Congrats on 12 days, welcome aboard and glad to have you here!
SOAP_5070

16 Likes

Well, I had to let the wagon (and the horse, sadly) roll nack and forth over me a few times, but I’m back on now… only just, however. Today is day 2. :expressionless:

6 Likes

I’m happy that I can entertain someone :joy:

If there’s people coming who’s never met us, or if someone introducing a new date or something (Yes in my family it’s still mandatory to present any potential dates for the family first) I usually asks if they’ve seen the movie
“My Big Fat Greek Wedding” if they say Yes, I’m like, well swap the greeks to gypsies, and you’ll know exactly what to expect. We’re loud, we talk with our hands, everyone is getting involved in everything all the time being annoying, kids and pets running around and there’s food and drinks to fed an entire army. Welcome and make yourself at home.
If they don’t turn at the door by that time they might make it :joy:

I’ve said it before, I should write my own soap opera and call it Gypsy Galore.

12 Likes

Checking in day 26 !

God bless !

17 Likes

Day 538.

I’ve been worrying too much recently, about everything and nothing. I’ve always been one for the old dooms day catastrophizing unfortunately, but it’s dragging me down atm. I’ve completely lost touch with the concept of living in the moment, taking each day as it comes. I worry that I’m not fun anymore, that I’m too serious. I worry about the future constantly. All the films I watch, all the books I read, serious, miserable stuff. I feel like I don’t laugh much anymore.

I was feeling quite comfortable with who I am as a non drinker, right now not so much. I’m still confident I’m doing the right thing being sober, certainly not doubting that.

I have a friend visiting this weekend so hopefully that will help. I think a lot of it is because I spend so much time in my own head, by myself. It’s not healthy.

Not the most fun post, but it is what it is.

Hope you all have a great sober day folks :+1:

29 Likes

@Conor689908

Congratulations Colin, you’re an inspiration and I’m hella proud of you

9 Likes

Well done you :clap:
You’ve got this :blush:

1 Like

Happy Friday, everyone! We’ve made it through another week. Checking in sober, Day 220. It is so energizing reading the milestones, accomplishments, determination and optimism from everyone on here! Have a great weekend!!!
thread

23 Likes

Congrats my friend! Sooooo proud of you. You’re such a big part of this forum and I’m glad to know you. Hope you celebrate! :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

193… Great meeting last night. Happy Friday. Me and my girls are setting up a fort downstairs tonight, gonna have popcorn and face painting. Have a great day everyone. Stay blessed and grateful

19 Likes

Day 49 Sober check in :pray:t2::v:t2:TGIF
@Conor689908 Congratulations again Conor!!:facepunch:t2:

13 Likes

Great work Conor! Such amazing progress :fire::sunny::+1:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I hear you!! It is a whole new world figuring out who we are in sobriety and how to feel our feelings. It took me some time to feel confident and natural just ‘being’ without alcohol. :heart:

7 Likes

@Conor689908 well done on your year!!! What an accomplishment!!

@zzz…wow!! I am so pleased for you on your 101!! Your hard work has been inspiring to watch!

5 Likes

Thanks @Mno yes i should try them and see how i go

1 Like