Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

It’s a start, have a great day all.

25 Likes

Wow Pauly. That’s flown by buddy. Well done mate! Proud of you :grin:

1 Like

Hello, TS community! Checking in at Day #54 here. Keep thinking about @Nordique’s observation that in a crazy world, NOT drinking is the one positive act over which we have 100% control. I passed that on to my son who’s maintaining his sobriety at age 25 and he found that empowering. Not drinking is something we do for ourselves. No one’s making us. Well, in some cases it might feel like a spouse or a judge (often one in the same) is making us, but NO. We’re doing this for our sanity, our future and to have the most fulfilling life possible. BTW, feeling a lot better today. Think I needed sleep and protein. Thanks for the warm wishes.

19 Likes

Thank you man. I hear that you’re right where you spoce to be. I hope someday I believe it :joy::joy:. And thank you @Mephistopheles. I might just suck it up and tell him I can’t make it tomorrow and Friday and take a nice couple days

1 Like

Find I’ve been coming here more often lately…people come and go, thank you for being the group that we are…one day closer to my next drink

24 Likes

Wow! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You’re on fire, man!:fire: Righteous!!!

1 Like

What’s that mean? Are you counting down to a drinking day?

Get​:clap:it​:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wow that’s a really empowering statement :muscle: taking back control over my life feels good for a change :sunflower:

2 Likes

I just wanted to take everyone for your good advice during all this. I’ve started to write down a new quote for everyday and trying to live in the moment. It seems to work better, now I’m about to drink non alcoholic gluhwein (The best kind if you ask me, made of lemonade and fruit juices) I always loved that one better than the one with alcohol.

I have to admit that I also bought some Christmas candy. I know it isn’t even Halloween yet but I just couldn’t hold it anymore. My husband did forbid me to buy Christmas soda and gingerbread cookies until after Halloween :joy:
Mindfulness at it’s best :cherry_blossom:

Once again thank you everyone :heart:

8 Likes

That’s great, congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Checking in almost halfway through day 3. Feeling pretty good, I didn’t get crazy and take a bunch of pills or anything and it only lasted a few days so really not any withdrawal symptoms physically. I’m battling cravings so bad though :sob: have a wonderful day everyone :grinning:

12 Likes

Glad you’re here and checking in. Hang in there, you’ve battled cravings before, you can do it again. Remember your “whys” - why are you doing this in the first place, why don’t you want to keep using, and so on. That helps me, anyway!

Thanks again y’all for all the support on hear today and yesterday. It wasn’t so much that it was a bad day yesterday it was just such of an emotional roller coaster of feelings @Nordique
Thanks for your thoughts and concerns. I am so happy I shared them on here. You too @Olivia it actually has quite the healing power to FEEL don’t it. Maybe all those years of numbing my self are sneaking up on me but in a healing way. “That’s going to me my story and I’m sticking to it” and I think that was great advice Olivia about @Galen_82 about mixing things up Galen. Sit in a different chair. Take a different rout home. Sleep on the other side of the bed. Sit in a different chair and eat with your other hand. And I guess the dark shower thing too @Olivia :flushed: Congratulations on 3 weeks Galen. You’re doing it. Get some meditation going. Can you still go out for an “angry power walk” as l like to call it with the lockdown? I love my angry gangsta rap and walk up a sweat. Feels so good to let it out that way.
@Peace Jen sorry about your relapse. I’m so glad your back and starting over. Sorry if I missed you on here if you were asking for help before you relapsed. You did come on here and ask for help right? If not no worries. Maybe next time. There’s some great folk on here that have talked me out of a drink before. I was kind of pissed off but ended up being proud.
I hope your out of bed @RosaCanDo. If not and you got nothing else to do today maybe you need the bed rest :thinking: Praying for you. Hate to hear your in pain. Pain makes us tired. Pain is very tiring. And I’m always romanticizing about having that nice bottle of red. But you know, we’re not drinking today!! But romanticizing happens. Happens to me everyday I think.

@emc2018 thanks for the movie tip. That’s going to be my Saturday night movie with wifey this week. Haven’t watched that one yet.

Saving you for last Zoe @Zoozoospetals
Be good to yourself. You seem so kind and beautiful. I know your new on here. And I’m praying you find the help you need. I kinda feel bad I never welcomed you on one of your first post. But I just don’t have the knowledge or experience with your issues. You are so worth a wonderful pain free future. I can’t believe how young you are. I pray you will be kind and love and respect yourself. Stick with us kid. I know there’s people on here that can help and support you with your issues. And we all have a lot of love to give and you’ll get it too.
I lied I’m saving Rob for last.
@Rockstar24777 way to kick ass on 131 days man. You’re doing it !!
:heart::pray:t2:
Sober on everyone. We all know it feels better this way. And we’re all fucking with it!!

13 Likes

Thank you so so so much! Kind words mean the world to me, and you just gave some pretty amazing ones! Dont feel bad for not being one of the first to welcome me. You and your lovely cats have been uplifting these past couple of days!

1 Like

So much going on these last couple of days it so freaking hard to keep up. And @Dolse71 ?? One month Paul?? Your getting your own private separate mention from me. A whole month of “one day at a time?” You little rascal you. Atta boy. I’m glad I didn’t miss that. You’ve always been here from my very beginning. Great work my friend.

5 Likes

Glad you’re back and trying. Sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward. :grinning:

1 Like

2 Likes

Good Job me old mucker.

Did I say it right?

Seriously though, this is awesome to see, Paul. You’re doing great.

3 Likes