Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

Thank you @Tommo! You’re an inspiration to all of us too. Congrats on 40 days! Watching your progress has been such a pleasure. All of us should follow your lead and celebrate every single sober day. :heart: :hugs:

4 Likes

Day 47! I’m so grateful for the wings God gave me to fly on this journey! I couldn’t have done it without Him! My meetings get better everyday and the new recovery family I have gained will always be on my morning gratitude lists. I’m putting in the work and am seeing the progress I have made more clearly everyday. We all should worry less and celebrate more. Be proud of yourselves even for little accomplishments. I can just try to be better than I was yesterday! I hope you all hace a blessed day! Workout time and then get ready for my noon meeting! :yellow_heart:

16 Likes

Thank you @anon86726034 yes she responded, apologized, asked me out to coffee (we went to lunch) and we are back together again. I know none of this would’ve been possible if I didn’t pray and stay sober. Yes it has to come first no matter what. Thank you Kevin for the support have a great day!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Wow! 270 days is amazing @I.cant.We.can! I bet all that service work you’re doing is benefiting you as much as it does others. Happy to see you checking in here and giving us an update on your awesome sober life.

1 Like

Day 124 clean and sober today and wow, I love the way everyone supports each other here!!! What an awesome online family we have, super grateful for everyone!!! Thank you @Tommo for the kind words and thank you to everyone that helps me make it through each day. I wish I could list everyone as well but I actually get something from everyone’s posts each day!!! Proud of everyone that’s achieving milestones, accomplishing goals and for setting boundaries necessary to live in recovery. Love you guys have a great day!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

18 Likes

The skipping beats were compensated though :joy::joy: my heart stopped for a little under a minuite sturing the operation.
You made my day though couse i just laught my ass of Paul.
I think indeed covid is among is for a reason…
Not to talk bad about humanity… But arnt we kind’a like a dissease for the planet ? The fylosopher gaya already mentioned the parallel beteren earth and human body ages ago.
Here are new rules mandated as in 22:⁰⁰ tonight.
I am having a good Day here and you Just gave me an extra couple of heartbeats to live on with by beïng damn funny. Be well my brother and all others …

:heart:

2 Likes

Oh man. I can knit and crochet but knitting charts have always stumped me while crochet charts have always seemed so clear lol.

3 Likes

It is nice to see that you’re not alone. Although I feel terrible for saying that cause it sounds like I’m wishing misery on other people :joy: I’m really not. But it DOES make you feel like maybe you’re not crazy and it’s just this pandemic life that’s putting you in a funk when other people are there too.

1 Like

Good morning! Day 18 for me. I once read that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. I know that my drinking is a much more involved thing than brushing my teeth or washing my face twice a day. But I am looking forward to day 21, which will be the longest stretch of sobriety I will have strung together in over a year.

Meanwhile, I am finding joy in small things: waking up clearheaded and not having to worry about what I may have said or done while blackout drunk. Not worrying about when I should take out my trash for fear my neighbors will notice how many bottles and cans are in the bag. Actually watching an entire episode of a show and following along through the whole thing. Counting the turtles I see at the lake when I take my dog for a walk. Noticing the slight changes in the weather when we get up and walk first thing in the morning.

@milele I admire you even trying to read that pattern. I’ve been knitting for years and still don’t know how to read a chart like that!

@Briella congratulations on day 17! You’re doing great, and I really enjoy reading your updates.

18 Likes

Day 25. Found another trigger. I’m actually shocked at how many I’ve found cause I did NOT feel like I was drinking as much as I probably actually was. I came here because I was concerned with my nights of binge drinking not my daily drinking but I’m now realizing I was probably drinking during the week SO much more than I thought

in the last 25 days I have thought “I need a drink to do this” or “I’d feel better if I just drank a glass of wine” or “this would be more fun and I’d be more motivated to do it with a cocktail” SO MANY more times than I expected.

I’m shocked. I haven’t really had a strong craving yet but I’m looking out for it. Now that I kniw how many things I associate with drinking. I get weak when other people aren’t around to watch me obliterate myself.

Here’s to another day. No booze. Have a great day guys. And if you’re having a terrible day I hope it passes quickly and you find some peace.

19 Likes

Thank you @Imcrafty and @TSan! It is a challenge. I don’t have a printer, so I could have it on paper and make markings. I decided to draw on a graph paper instead. Makes me feel very committed now! :joy:

2 Likes

40 Days is HUGE!! You should call it a milestone and celebrate your sobriety. You are also a blessing to me as I watch your sober days grown and read your post. I am a bit a head of you but your posts remind me EXACTLY of me!! And I don’t like that me. And I don’t ever want that me back in my life again.
Have a wonderful great sober afternoon.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

I’ve always said that the world is the dog and we are the fleas, if you don’t de flea it with war or plague your dog is gonna eat itself into a scabby nothingness and suffer.

2 Likes

Checking in at Day…47! They are just blurring into one lovely pink streak of sobriety. I’ve been planning on how to deal with November 3rd after 16 hours at the polls and weeks, if not months, of stress - provided I haven’t been blown away by some scrappy militia. Ordinarily, I’d come home to a bubble bath and a big glass of toxin. So now I’ve got to come up with something else to look forward to. It’ll be around 10 PM when I roll through the door. There is no takeout to speak of in this area. I need ideas because, yeah, it’s on my mind. Have a happy and healthy sober day, folks!

19 Likes

Wow! You DID commit. Lol. Now you HAVE to finish them. Post pix! I’d love to see them.

2 Likes

Yes it is! Worry is wasteful. We spend a lot of time crying over wasted time. And in turn, waste more time. Thank you for your kind words. :yellow_heart:

Exactly, no choice but to finish, lol! I’ll post pics!

2 Likes

Checking in day 2! Y’all stay safe and strong!

12 Likes

Thanks Stella. And while yeah it’s something I noticed in my mother. Doesn’t mean I don’t have a part in it as well, I definitely do. I need to fix my storm too but I notice she is raining her storm down on us and then my thought gets deeper and I start to take it out on others as well. I’m trying to figure out how to talk her without her holdinf ressentment or thinking I’m attacking her so we can all be happy. I know regardless were all gonna have are days. But hers seem to be alot more then usual. Congrats on your days too. You’re a huge inspiration to me

3 Likes

1 Like