Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

@Lilemm Congrats on your two milestones :tada:
@Dolse71 Congrats on 1 month :tada::+1:t2:
@Dazercat Sorry about the emotional rollercoaster, youā€™ve got a lot going on so itā€™s bound to boil over occasionally, sounds like you dealt with it like a boss though :muscle:t2:

My counter just ticked over to 40 at half past :raised_hands:t2:

Today has been a bit dull and emotional. I took both of my walks in the rain and got soaked both times, atleast I stilll got out and did them though, which was painful and tough because I only got 2 hours sleep last night (Guess who was too eager to try a cup of each of the 4 flavoured coffees so kept getting out of bed :man_facepalming:t2:) so having a pain flare up again.

My Prince (one of my cats) had to have teeth cleaned and 6 molars removed about 5 weeks ago in the early days of my sobriety, but Iā€™ve been doing my best to apply the gel to his gums as best as heā€™ll let me, but he wonā€™t let me open his mouth to reach the remaining back 2 teeth, so I noticed his mouth looks sore again so called the vets and they let me take him to be checked over, the front gums are okay where Iā€™ve been managing to put the gel but the back ones are inflamed, so now Iā€™ve got to give him anti-inflammatorys for 4 weeks and then make a decision as to whether to go ahead with a total mouth extraction, the thought of my poor boy with no teeth at only 8 years old makes me sad, especially as thereā€™s nothing wrong with his actual teeth, itā€™s his immune system overreacting.

Sorry for the long ramble.

Roll on November 4th when this Mercury in Retrograde is over, I can see thereā€™s many of us going through the ringer! Sending you all strength and love to power through it and stay sober :muscle:t2::revolving_hearts:

16 Likes

Staying sober all day.

26 Likes

place is full of old muckers. Itā€™s quite the compliment :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your support and concern. I am so sorry to hear about your cat though. Thatā€™s the worst. Poor kitty. Iā€™ve never heard of such a thing. So glad youā€™re able to take care of him and love him. That really sucks. Poor Prince.
Iā€™m so sorry.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Thank you, I hadnā€™t heard of it either, but basically their immune system attacks their teeth and starts to reabsorb them! Which causes the inflammation in the gums, so really the total extractions is the only cure, Iā€™m comforted by what Iā€™ve found online so far, apparently they can still eat both wet and dry food absolutely fine without teeth once they are healed from the procedure, which is pretty amazing, I love the sheer will to survive that animals have, makes me quite emotional just thinking about how tenacious they can be. Thank you again, for now heā€™s snoring away next to me after his first dose of the anti-inflammatory medicine :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you @Dazercat!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

My retrograde said it was spoce to be smooth sailing and calm for me. Fricken lying tucky

3 Likes

Checking in. I have a lot of work, will be working during the whole weekend for sure. I actually like this task, but still feel so burnt out, emotionally exhausted. I also homeschool which doesnā€™t improve my nerve condition at all.
Sometimes Iā€™m so close to relapse. Iā€™m afraid, that if I do it now, I will do it more easily in the future. It is the first time I made it so far. If I screw it up, the further relapses wouldnā€™t be such big deals. Thatā€™s why it is particularly important for me to stay sober. But it is in the air, I recognize all my former trains of thought, all my former conditionings and feelings. I know, that this is the point, when I have to say no, when I have to create my sober self. Itā€™s not ā€œjustā€ putting the bottle down, but a damn hard transformation of my deepest self.

14 Likes

No, not at all. Just reflecting on the journey, nothing more.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

Wow Paul; sobriety looks really good on you! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:
:heart_eyes: Great to see youā€™re doing so well!

1 Like

Whaaaat?? No ā€œWe are the championsā€?? :hushed: :open_mouth: :astonished: :scream:

:laughing: :crazy_face: Well we all have our preferences. ā€œSomebody to loveā€ is a good one. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is something Iā€™ve come to realise since getting sober. Yes Iā€™m an alcoholic so I needed to do something about it but there are hundreds, thousands of people who, everyday make the choice to not drink!
Not because they are alcoholics, but as a life choice.
So whatā€™s the difference?
Nothing once we get past the cravings.
Mindset is the most important aspect of all this.

4 Likes

Been a while since I actually posted on this thread. Iā€™m 127 days sober and riding out my emotions the best I can. I just wanted to extend a HUGE THANKS to all of you. I learn so much from each and everyone of the posts whether theyā€™re good days or bad days. This group has definitely become my go to & one of the sharpest tools in my sobriety :grin:

15 Likes

Angry gangster power walks! :joy: Brilliant! Ill try that but with death and black metal!!

1 Like

Itā€™s just that Iā€™ve done that one to death. Funny story about that song. I use to play it for my sons soccer games back in the day. I guess they were 10 or 11 or 12. I was the only coach that was crazy but fun crazy. I coached them during the week and just let them play on Saturdayā€™s. Never yelled at them during game time. I figured my coaching was done during the week. I did bring the boom box on game day for warm ups. Really big boom box and would play we are the champions or some Brittney Spears. Baby One More Time. That really pissed off the other coaches and parents on the other teams. But my boys had fun. And we win too. I even got reported for bringing the boom box and playing We Are The Champions but there was nothing in the rule book about it. So they could do anything :rofl::crazy_face::smile::joy:

4 Likes

Yeah right I wish, actually Laura wishes :joy:, god can do miracles but he canā€™t do the impossible :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s a belated congratulations from me for your 500, so many messages to read but so many things I have to do now life is sober. Makes you wonder how we used to do it, anyway well done and itā€™s been a pleasure watching your journey. :v::tada:

1 Like

Checking in again for another positive boost.
I added my goal weight days to my talking sober app.

Iā€™ve never kept the weight off that Iā€™ve lost in the past. I think being sober might help just a little bit. Maybe :thinking:
Sober on.
:pray::heart:
I always think of it this way. Iā€™ve lost more than 2
20 pound bags of cat litter that use to be around my waist and face and neck.
I think Iā€™ll be ā€œGOODā€ today.

17 Likes

7 Likes