Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

Day 25. One of those late check-ins because I was enjoying the day so much. I’m grateful to have a medium that helps keep accountability. That complacency can be a real killer. Anyways, hope you’re all having a good weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Been trying to catch up since I been out all day. So glad I kept scrolling on here. I would have felt awful if I missed your 300 days. You go girl!!! I am so proud of you and to be following in your footsteps. I’m just over the moon :crescent_moon: as my mother would say. I’ve never said that to anyone before. :scream: What’s happening to me.
Atta girl.
:bouquet: :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom: :tulip: :bouquet:
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Day 0
I’ve almost hit the 1 day mark. Made it through today clean and sober. Went to work (was a long day), and then came home to eat supper and will shower soon. Hopefully get a food rest tonight as I didn’t sleep well last night (especially after finding out about a friend who passed away from addiction yesterday morning). Im finding things tough. But I really need to just stick to 1 min at a time sometimes. Luv u all hugs hope everyone is healthy and safe

18 Likes

Checking in to end day 281.82 without alcohol and drugs, also day 60.33 without cigarettes.
Feels like today flew by, also feels like 60 days without a smoke flew, thankful for the latter. I guess the first, maybe week of no smoking didn’t so much fly by Lol
Went to post a daily gratitude and couldn’t do more than three straight posts, even with them spread out over days.
Im greatful to God. Im greatful for my recovery. I’m greatful for the 12 steps. Im greatful for my family. Im greatful to now lay in bed and enjoy a movie.
Have a wonderful evening everyone. :v:& :hearts:

17 Likes

I’m so freakin proud of you @CapriciousCapricorn!! 300 days is awesome. I’m getting really excited for your big 1 year, it’s right around the corner.
dc2d6c93bde976d2e853c76446396732ca031e5300253bd0745efcd71fc9d04f.0

2 Likes

Good day for me. Day 11.

13 Likes

Wooohhhoooo good shit girl, proud of you.

3 Likes

Checking in at 9 days and 3 hours. Yay! Today was hard though, but I made it through. I’m still sore from my fight with the punching bag…that’s not fun, but its fine.:slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Thinking of you. Sending big hugs.

Keep at it @Butterflymoonwoman we are rooting for you.

1 Like

I’m late to the party! Felicidades!!! Congratulations!!! I appreciate you and all you bring to this forum.

1 Like

Day 117.
A busy work week wrapped up and went straight into a busy – but good busy – weekend.

Writing assignments due in the next few days have had me at my keyboard – but so much fun to get lost in this task. After hitting “send” on completed assignments – whether for work or for writing – the body reminds me this is when I used to uncork a bottle without question. My mind is adapting now to shifting from “full throttle focus” to “unwind” without the help of a drink(s) – and I like it.

A good long walk with the dog girl – I’m a bit unsettled. It’s coming upon what would be my dear Dad’s 79 birthday. I’ve brought out a few of the boxes of his things I packed a few years ago, in a rush, and stored with me. I had gone through some of them initially, but not without “wine-coping”, and I left the rest unopened. I’ll work through them this week, and tend to any grief that arises this time instead of pushing pause with the wine. Besides, I know there are some gems in those boxes, and these are worthy of my tears and smiles.

G’night, beautiful people. Thank you for being here. :orange_heart:

21 Likes

Damn, I missed a lot in 36hrs! We’re like one of those big families that has to stop doing gifts. Just a big sober potluck, ok? :wink:

@Thirdmonkey “This old redneck is sober and proud”. Also t-shirt worthy! Think we can hit Robin up to start producing swag with direct TS member quotes?

@anon27760155 yer on a streak and I see nothing stopping you now! you are one strong gurl…

@CapriciousCapricorn and you’re also unstoppable. we are all better because you’re here. the whole world is. :heart:

@Dan531 happy one year! thank you for the example of you - grateful.

@Lisa07 I’m soo late to the party - let’s say I’m early for the next big day! I tease. Your presence here makes me stronger. (ps I can’t dance a thing like @anon79808082)

@Salty big hug. for Dads departed but always dear. you’re doing yours proud.

@Clarity no words for this. big hugs. please be gentle on you. :heart:

Big love to all. Let’s do it again tomorrow. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

15741 :heart:hehe

3 Likes

So glad you have some answers to your health stuff. Don’t beat yourself up for the past (easier said than done, i know) but focus on all you’ve already done with your 47 days! Amazing.
I hope the bday bundt cake turned out well!
I hope you treat yourself big too for your 50 days!

1 Like

Day 1 again. There is one last drink left in the bottle. I left it there as a reminder. I will keep that drink to remind myself. No more. I will drink no more. Round and round we go. I feel cursed.

3 Likes

Thanks man. I need to edit the stuff I wrote. I am sure you are right. I will produce better stuff when I am sober. Life would be less “interesting” but I have enough of that to last me a couple of lifetimes. I have lived an interesting life - like the ancient Chinese curse.

1 Like

That’s not a good idea. Don’t test your self. Throw out all alcohol and all things related and go to sleep knowing tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. The only Reminder you need is to stay sober and having alcohol near by just incourages you. Let go and move on… You can do it :trophy:

13 Likes

Nothing is a curse . You create your own reality. You create you own life and your own happiness so start fresh tomorrow after a good nights sleep… Also, why do you have a cockroach as your avatar I’m just curious lol??

4 Likes

You need to dump that shit out @manishc. There’s no reason to tempt yourself. If you don’t dump it, you know you’ll wind up drinking it eventually.

10 Likes