Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

Checking in for tonight. 134 days of sobriety under the belt. Good night all!

23 Likes

Nothing special, It is what it is…and what it is, is just another day…

27 Likes

Kind of an “ehhh” day. Been having trouble sleeping lately and last night I fell asleep early and slept wonderful. So good I overslept and woke up 5 minutes before I’m supposed to leave. Really started my day off wrong. In the past I always slammed an energy drink as soon as I got to work bc I was hung over. Today I did bc i was just dragging. It seemed like it just threw me into feeling like I did weeks ago. Just messed with me all day, but I made it to day 24. Looking forward to 1 more day of work this week and a sober Christmas. For the 1st time in years I’m actually all done shopping and wrapping before Christmas eve…wouldn’t of happened if I was still drinking. I hope everyone is doing well and has a safe and sober holiday. This group really is the best! Thank you all for sharing and supporting each other.

20 Likes

Day 25 check in! Looking forward to a cozy and sober Christmas with my boyfriend. I bought all sorts of nice treats and things to cook this week even though it’s just the two of us this year.

I’m going to try making this mocktail recipe!

https://www.thekitchn.com/cocktail-or-mocktail-recipe-festive-cranberry-fizz-recipes-from-the-kitchn-198415

22 Likes

Sober. But I need a sponsor. Been in AA over a year. Worked with one but lost contact. I worry with New Years and life stress I will relapse. Any ideas how to find one online? I live in SE Asia so time zone is 12 hours ahead of US ET.

13 Likes

Hey Kelly, Lisa posted this yesterday for someone looking for information… it may help.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Day 340 It was a really good day but it gets exhausting helping people with their problems and also trying to keep mine maintained.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

26 Likes

I draw a whole lot of strength from doing my gratitude daily, I highly recommend it, even on those days you don’t want to do it(especially then) like mine earlier today… even better than that though the strength I get from reading the consistent gratitude of others for example @Dazercat and @M-be-free49 thanks my friends :grinning:

3 Likes

I reckon it’s my favorite tool.
It is nice to have regulars on there. Thank you for being there too.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

13 Likes
  1. Finishing my coffee before running of to work. Last day of work before Christmas. Had a very short crazy night with crazy dreams and waking up all the time. Reminds me of how I used to sleep after drinking in the past, a couple of hours of alcohol induced coma followed by hours of restless tossing and turning and dreaming crazy dreams. Thanks for the reminder and glad I’m not hungover, just tired. Grateful I’m sober. One day at a time. Have a good Wednesday all. Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam where Luna’s reminding me to feed her some more before I go off.
30 Likes

Just listened to this podcast, and I highly recommend it :blush: it’s called Healing our collective addictions

6 Likes

Congratulations Charlie, that’s exiting news! You are going to be a super granddad :facepunch:
Two arms filled with happiness in the summer! :baby::child:

3 Likes

Day 176.
What’s left of it. I am up too late! But I started something of a (multi-day) home organization project… I mean, why not? I have two weeks off. I have my folks’ stuff from Mom’s to sort through. There’s a ban on indoor social gatherings. And good thing! My tiny home is a mess.
But this is good and fun to put order to my world - on the whole, yes, and especially after the turbulence of the last month or so.
Definitely not something I could do if I was drinking…
G’night, beautiful sober people. Let’s do it again tomorrow. :orange_heart:

27 Likes

I think @TSan said it really well - lots of things to celebrate and lots of struggles here too right now. I know from the last month that this was THE place for me - in the sense that even when life got too crazy to check in, I felt the non-judgmental, no expectations support, and when I did check in - that’s what I got. So if you’re struggling tonight, and being hard on yourself even a tiny bit, just think of the “kindness collective” offered here and go easy on yourself. Tomorrow is another day. :orange_heart:

Hey @Jennajen - good to see you here. If it helps even a smidge, check in here on your terms - no expectations otherwise. But it’s always good to see you and I hope the clouds clear soon.

@CATMANCAM death anniversaries are tough… I’m proud you weathered it and all the other stuff you have going on sober. I bet your Mum is pretty proud too… :heart:

@MrsOdh I don’t how you’re doing it, but you’ve stayed sober and that’s just amazing.

@Charlie_C congrats! Exciting times comin’ your way. :wink:

15 Likes

Really enjoyed the podcast. Thanks for sharing this

2 Likes

401 Days: Extremely grateful to be sober. I log on and read almost every day, this site is a huge part of my sobriety, but I rarely post or comment anymore. There are so many great people here offering their advice and assistance that most of the time I read through a thread any advice I would have has already been given and most certainly said more eloquently and compassionately or brutally honest (when needed) then I ever could! So thank you to all the amazing people who make this site what it is, you’ve all helped me and countless others more than you know.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Let’s all get through these festive, fun, stressful and challenging few days together and make it to 2021 sober!!

Sobriety isn’t always easy, but it’s definitely worth it!

Much love!!!

34 Likes

Made my lunch up early out of shower and heading off to work. I’m going to make it a great day. 150 am in the morning right now yeah we got this. No hangover and sober me!

10 Likes

Great job proud of you keep going

1 Like

Always good to see you Chris. Big congrats on poassing yet another milestone. Happy Holidays to you too friend.

1 Like

Hi I am Claire. I haven’t been on here since April. I thought I had it under control. Things have crept up. A diagnosis of Tourettes Syndrome for my son which has been lonely path for the last 7 years and still feels so and a relationship ending. I am a single mum who comes amazingly to the outside world but a couple of close friends know it not to be true. However they dont know about the drinking My eldest moving out in the new year and I suppose i am supporting myself through alcohol AGAIN. I just read a post about abstinence versus sobriety. I have decided I cant do abstinence as I just kid myself i can handle it. Feeling low and lonely but wanted to join the group again. I am constantly aware there are people so much worse off than me so I feel weak at my inability to mot drink. I want a clear head but it feels scary to have one. Thank goodness for this safe space to write my thoughts.

28 Likes