Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

Checking in for the night
This trucker is ouuut :v::zzz::joy::fire:
Crazy day ! Over/Out

8 Likes

3 week tobacco free. Ready for Christmas. Spending Christmas Eve with Ms. :monkey:’s family. Strange looking forward to Christmas. Anyway, my pillow is calling my name. Good night y’all!

27 Likes

Congratulations! That is wonderful news

4 Likes

1bee11dd3c21cd842fefd471a6d3f7a5e8544b682505c0e1231ea2d3b170841d.0
Congrats Charlie, I just love babies. Can’t wait to meet her/him next summer, clean and sober for sure. :balloon::confetti_ball:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Day 87. Super long day at work. Helped a coworker by going to a job site and unloading 3 pallets of roof ridge tiles. They are heavy! I will definitely feel this tomorrow. But I’m glad I was able to help. It would have taken my coworker several hours to do the job alone. Together, we were able to knock it out in a couple of hours.

@Tomek, my writing thus far has lacked a focus. I’ve just sort of posted about whatever has been on my mind. So this coming year, I’ve designed something I’m calling “Bread not Booze.” Since I am learning to bake, and I’m learning to be sober, I’m going to pick a new recipe each week and bake it! Then I will take a few pictures and write about the process and what I’ve learned about baking and what I’ve learned about sobriety. This week, though, I’ve realized that I’m terrible at taking photos, so I guess I’ll be learning three things: sobriety, baking, and photography!

@MrsOdh it sounds like things have been very chaotic for you recently. I’m sorry you’ve been having to deal with all of this, but I’m so, so proud of you for remaining sober throughout. Your strength is quite the inspiration for me.

I know we have so many people hitting milestones and having joyful things happening (babies, holidays, job interviews, and new starts). I know we also have a lot of people who are struggling (depression, holiday stress, cravings, relationship issues). I’m a little rattled tonight and having a very hard time concentrating, so I can’t really mention everyone that I would like to. But I’m proud of us all, because here we are, another day sober! Hopefully, I’ll have more time to spend here after my winter break from work begins on Thursday. Goodnight, y’all!

26 Likes

That’s wonderful news @Charlie_C!! I’m so excited for you and your family. Congratulations! :heart:

2 Likes

End of the day. 31 days behind me. Awful day, really. Decided to go for a long drive to clear my mind and listen to a podcast. In the past, these drives were liquor runs, so I think my wife was concerned. Today, it was legitimately just a drive. Briefly thought about alcohol, but grabbed a Diet Coke instead at a drive-thru. Rewriting the story … changing the habits.

It’s Tuesday night in America and alcohol still sucks.

23 Likes

Day 313~ Something is happening. I’m having an emotional road block or something. It’s like I wanna cry and get things out but I can’t. My overall mood is kinda sad :pensive: and I’m not :100: sure why. This is very strange for me… I can typically cry at the drop of a hat. Often after having one of those big cries I would feel so much better. Maybe I’ve gotten to a point I no longer need to have those breakdowns. This has got to be growth… another lesson on this sober journey of mine. Sorry I know that was just a lot of thinking out loud but it’s helping me.

Learning is something that is never ending. Each day of sobriety I learn a little something else about my true authentic self. It’s amazing really.

Keep kicking ass all. We are all in this fight together.

:v:t3::heart::blush:

31 Likes

29 Likes

Congrats on your daughters acceptance to college.

6 Likes

Just WOW!! So many positive changes! You inspire!

1 Like

Thank you @Mbwoman :pray:

1 Like

Checking in for tonight. 134 days of sobriety under the belt. Good night all!

23 Likes

Nothing special, It is what it is…and what it is, is just another day…

27 Likes

Kind of an “ehhh” day. Been having trouble sleeping lately and last night I fell asleep early and slept wonderful. So good I overslept and woke up 5 minutes before I’m supposed to leave. Really started my day off wrong. In the past I always slammed an energy drink as soon as I got to work bc I was hung over. Today I did bc i was just dragging. It seemed like it just threw me into feeling like I did weeks ago. Just messed with me all day, but I made it to day 24. Looking forward to 1 more day of work this week and a sober Christmas. For the 1st time in years I’m actually all done shopping and wrapping before Christmas eve…wouldn’t of happened if I was still drinking. I hope everyone is doing well and has a safe and sober holiday. This group really is the best! Thank you all for sharing and supporting each other.

20 Likes

Day 25 check in! Looking forward to a cozy and sober Christmas with my boyfriend. I bought all sorts of nice treats and things to cook this week even though it’s just the two of us this year.

I’m going to try making this mocktail recipe!

https://www.thekitchn.com/cocktail-or-mocktail-recipe-festive-cranberry-fizz-recipes-from-the-kitchn-198415

22 Likes

Sober. But I need a sponsor. Been in AA over a year. Worked with one but lost contact. I worry with New Years and life stress I will relapse. Any ideas how to find one online? I live in SE Asia so time zone is 12 hours ahead of US ET.

13 Likes

Hey Kelly, Lisa posted this yesterday for someone looking for information… it may help.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Day 340 It was a really good day but it gets exhausting helping people with their problems and also trying to keep mine maintained.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

26 Likes

I draw a whole lot of strength from doing my gratitude daily, I highly recommend it, even on those days you don’t want to do it(especially then) like mine earlier today… even better than that though the strength I get from reading the consistent gratitude of others for example @Dazercat and @M-be-free49 thanks my friends :grinning:

3 Likes