Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

“I don’t feel like I have much to offer considering 99% of what I’m doing I got from what people have already said here.”

Oh and this is a really nice compliment to the whole group that makes at least me feel like We are doing good and something right. We all have no idea what one little thing someone might say that really helps. Just that one welcome. Or congratulations. That can make someone’s day. And keep them on track.
:pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

Checking in. Can’t believe I had a sober Christmas weekend but I’m very proud of myself. I’m starting to get really bored and restless though. My city is still on strict COVID lockdown so there’s really nothing to do except entertain yourself at home. Today I thought about drinking quite a bit but managed to abstain. Might re-read Allen Carr’s Easy Way To Quit Drinking again as it has helped me with sobriety in the past.

19 Likes

Happy Holidays everyone. Checking in on day 520. Still doing AA, the only thing that has helped me stay sober.

25 Likes

Day 181.
Started off strong, but by mid-afternoon I was antsy and restless. Couldn’t figure out why or how to fix it. Another coffee? Eat something? Call someone? Nap? Walk? It was like I was running around in my own mind, opening every cupboard to find whatever it was I was looking for. Turns out it was a bastard little craving – suggesting something cold and fizzy would calm me down and give my mind some rest. I smacked it good with the bottom of my shoe and swept it up in the dustpan, but lesson learned: always be on the lookout, M.

I haven’t had that antsy “I need something outside of me” feeling for quite a while. I have been working steadily on sorting through my parents’ memorabilia, and as rewarding and heartwarming as this is, it’s brought up the emotions at times. Think I just needed a break and to step away from it. I’ve heard milestones can mess with a person too, so maybe that’s it.

Checking in here at the end of everyday helps immensely, with a read in the morning too. These are the perfect “bookends” to a sober day, and I’m so grateful for the support this place provides. Thanks to all for the hip hip hoorays on my 180 – means the world to me. :relaxed:
G’night – big love to all. :orange_heart:

@Rockstar24777 oh please take care! and rest up well. :heart:
@MagicILY 30 days in a row is amazing! and yes - you should celebrate!
@TSan I am so glad for your neighbour you intervened, and relieved you are safe. Hope you get some great sleep tonight.
@RosaCanDo I’m so glad you are here with us, even if that makes you the first fruit of your parents’ union! love it. hope you feel better soon.
@Misokatsu happy anniversary! :star_struck: hope you had a good chill (not child) day! :laughing:

24 Likes

Fell off track. How do people stay on track? I have been In this situation a 100 times. I don’t ever want to forget this feeling. But somehow I always fall back to the poison. I’m currently working day 1. My mind is melted and depressed. I want this to be the last time.

16 Likes

There are people here who maintain their sobriety through different approaches. Check out this link. It contains info about different resources that others have used to stay sober. See if anything looks like something you’d want to try and give it a try. Personally, I use a mix of therapy and the Recovery Dharma program. If you keep falling off the wagon I’d suggest getting some outside assistance in some capacity.

Resources for our recovery

11 Likes

Checking in. I have Christmas funds - I am breaking things down for sobriety. I got more fabrics for my business and that’s it. That’s all. Then there’s only basic needs. I don’t need anything else.

15 Likes

164.02 Days
:black_heart:

15 Likes

Day 126 here.

You know, even small things said can mean a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

I was flat out checking in early days and really need to start doing more. Our own heads can be our own worst enemy. I get pretty bad anxiety so sometimes reading is enough just for that moment.

Wish I knew what I was anxious about :joy: seems I think about being anxious and down more than actually being anxious, not sure that makes sense even typing it lol.
Noticed I’ve probably a bit of a confidence issue. I’ve worked in the same place for nearly 13 years, know loads and yet sometimes I can’t pick up the phone to sort something out that’s an easy problem to sort.

Doesn’t help that I’m a team leader and relied upon :joy::joy:

Working for the next few days but it will be quiet this time of year in the ERP world… hopefully…

@Drave read loads and when you feel like it post, even post in other threads that are just for fun :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a good whatever day it is everyone :joy:

18 Likes

Would it help to write down how you are feeling so that you could return to it.

I think how I was feeling is permanently stamped in my mind, didn’t stop me taking the first drink again before but if I even think about it now I keep that feeling and remember where I end up.

4 Likes
  1. Had a very bleak dream in 2 or 3 parts early this morning, waking up in between and continuing after that. Left me feeling totally lost and alone. I know it’s just a dream but man it can influence my mood big time. Needed a couple of hours to get my stuff together and move on from it. I think I have now. Doing next to nothing in the last days probable has something to do with it too. Time to get moving again. Work first. Working on my mental health after. Sober and clean. Have as good a week as possible all. Love from Amsterdam and Sisterdale TX. Will be back there in 2021.
24 Likes

24 Likes

Day 329. On my tenth day of my medicine, mind isn’t wanting to do a.a anymore. Sick of the guys thinking or expecting me to relapse just because I missed three meetings. I can’t stand that and it pushes me away. I got a nice jog in yesterday, going to try and do the same after my meeting with my doctor today. I’m not sure how I’m feeling, still kind of down. Try to be grateful, I have so much to be grateful for, my mind loves to self sabatoge no matter how much I redirect it. have a good day

23 Likes

Checking in day 7 alcohol free. It’s 12:07 pm here and…
5 K easy run✔
30 min. strength and stability workout✔
Have a nice day beautiful people.

15 Likes

Waking up getting coffee and getting out the door for another day on the Las Vegas strip have a great day everyone 320 am here.

13 Likes

Goodmorning guys checking in
Dec 28th 2020
Monday :pray: back to work for most a drag for me a reminder to always be grateful how far ive made it how far ive comed how much there is yet to be accomplished for the new opportunities waiting to be fulfilled ready to take on the day to make my money to provide and live the life i couldnt live while using ! LETS GOOO !!! :pray: :pray:

21 Likes

what’s going on with these numbers lately, well done mate.

1 Like

lets goooo !!! :pray:

2 Likes

Looking good Trucker I’m so sore today ugh!

1 Like

Good morning friends, day 44! Up early with my grandson. He spent the night with us last night as his mommy had to drive his daddy to the base /ship really early this morning. We had a good breakfast and now he is playing a bit before I take him to daycare. Have a great day!

26 Likes