Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

194 days. Staying in the present is my mission today. Everything seems so much better when I’m not stuck in my head. My stepdaughter and I had a lengthy conversation yesterday and I honestly feel like we’re making progress. Got out for a ride with just my man and I and although it was short it was much needed and much appreciated. The feeling of fighting for a place in this family is slowly decreasing. His brother told me today that my heart is in the right place and it helps to hear that. A friend from here last night told me not to loose myself but I really do feel this is strengthening. If that should change I know I gave it my all & conquered some fears along the way.
Not sure what’s on the agenda for today but right now I’m enjoying my new pjs and housecoat.

20 Likes

Well done on your 30 days, real pleased for you. :tada::smiley::balloon::sparkler::fireworks:

3 Likes

Congratulations! A month is huge!

2 Likes

Nice! Congratulations on 30 days @MagicILY! :partying_face: :tada:

2 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn your so close to 365 it’s got me all giddy!!!.
I’m doing fine hurts like hell!

6 Likes

Congrats on 30 days!

And congrats on 180 @M-be-free49!

5 Likes

One month is huge - congrats!!! The first 30 days are difficult under any circumstances, let alone achieving it over Thanksgiving and Christmas! And in 2020 now less!!! Huge :clap: :clap: :clap: :exclamation:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! It was actually Thanksgiving that I had to reset my timer because I gave in to holiday drinking. But that made me determined to make it through Christmas :slight_smile: Now I’m actually excited for a sober New Year’s Eve and waking up fresh (not hungover) on the first day of the year.

6 Likes

Day 328. Not done much since Christmas, after the girls left just slept. Still having a hard time getting motivated, was being hard on myself about Christmas that I could of done better, I felt bad because autumn kept saying why did Santa get me boy toys. I know I did good, but that other little voice tells me I suck at everything still. Yea it’s got a little better, tomorrow I go up to the full 20 mg on my medicine,and I have my other appointment with my doctor so hopefully she can give me something for my ADHD.

30 Likes

day 27. Its officially the last week of 2020. Let’s make it count friends :v::tada::grinning:

20 Likes

That is great your doing terrific

2 Likes

Congrats on 180 Emm! That’s some damn strong work!

2 Likes

Congrats on 30 days @MagicILY. Well done.

@Rockstar24777 Rob, dude i hope you heal fast my friend

3 Likes

Anyone reading this never forget you rock!!
I believe in you. Let’s make the rest of this day great. God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

25 Likes

was trying to time it to catch that number then fell asleep on the couch watching nfl football and woke up just in time, must be doing something right :wink: to quote @Truckinmonster21 Let’s goooo

5 Likes

LETS Goooo !! :pray: :grin:

3 Likes

Day 92. My next door neighbors decided to violently break up at 6am this morning. Lots of yelling, slamming of doors, breaking things. I tried to mind my own business, but their argument spilled out into our shared hallway, and it sounded like someone was being hit. So I stepped out into the hallway, only to find him holding her wrists behind her back while she was crying. I asked what was going on, and he told me that I should take my nosy ass back into my apartment, because this was none of my business. I told him it was my business because they woke us all up and were in the shared hallway. He told me he’d slap the sass right out of me, so I told him I’d call the police officer that lives upstairs and should be getting off work any minute. He finally let his (ex) girlfriend go and slammed out of the building. It was a mess. The building manager had to come change the locks for her. Our police officer neighbor came to help her file a report against her ex. And I got a lecture about not intervening in domestic disputes. I don’t know. I felt like I had to step in. Anyway, it all set me up for a very unsettled day.

@M-be-free49 six months! I’m so, so excited for you! You’ve been through so many challenging things, and you’ve stayed sober. I really admire your tenacity.

@MagicILY congratulations on 30 days! That first month can be a real doozy, and you made it! I can’t wait to see how your sober journey continues.

@Rockstar24777, I hope you start feeling better soon and that they can take that tube out of your back. It can’t be easy to rest with all that going on

@RosaCanDo, how are you feeling today? I’m hoping that your migraine has eased up.

@anon79808082, any word from your mom today? I hope she’s doing alright.

@Dragonflygirl82, how are you?

21 Likes

My boss says this all the time, so when I read your writing it here, I always hear it in his voice.

1 Like

I think you’re brave to intervene. That’s a scary situation. He had no right to talk to you like that. You stepped in to help that woman. Had it been me, I would have been so relieved and grateful. I hope there will be no aftermath for you to deal with.

5 Likes

Thanks, @TSan for asking! She sounds good; they’re going to keep her a couple more days. She says she’s bored, I said do you have your TV? She said yeah but nothing’s on! She’s used to having her own channels, lol

6 Likes