Checking in daily to maintain focus #24

It’s not a small number it’s an important number because you have been clean for 9 days. You are clean today, that’s what counts :+1:

10 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 210. Like @Charlie_C said… nothing special going on here either but I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

@Sparkle That is a huge number! I thought there was no way I was going to make it through my first week. I had to fight and claw for each day. Keep up the hard work!! it gets easier, I promise :+1:

14 Likes

:five: MONTHS!!

2 Likes

Checking in January 10th 2021

Marijuana Free for …770 days .
Alcohol Free for … 435 days .
Cigarettes Free for … 375 days .

Woke up to making a protein smoothie in the morning ready to conquer the day it can be done and by all means it will be done there is no surrender no retreat when it gets ugly and i mean BAD we will not fall we will not go down without a fight ! Sobriety is journey where you will face all your demons all your failures all your losses and pain SOBER and you will come out on top nothing can stop you theres no easy way out weve already tried temporary pleasure it does not work it brings the opposite of healing and achieving sobriety brings us what we want LETS GOOOOO !!!

23 Likes

Day 16. Yesterday was tough for me with the urge to go get some alcohol. I thought it over in my head several times. What sort of excuse could I come up with to go to the “store” without anyone knowing I was going to the liquor store or without anyone trying to tag along. I was able to redirect my thoughts every time the idea got into my head, so here I am today, still sober. So much of me wants to just give in, go have one, a couple, a few, get stupid drunk so I can just chill and let go and not have to deal with the daily rigamaroo, but an even bigger part of me doesn’t want to lose the time I have had without alcohol that I have gained so far as this is the longest I’ve been sober since 2009.

24 Likes

Checking in, Day 7. I’ve done a week! My sleep is so much better. I’ve set some goals for 2021. This will be my year of positivity. It has to be, I let last year derail me from so many things.

1. Work on crochet projects all year
  2. Learn to play the guitar
  3. Get on my treadmill more.

I’ve already made a crochet headband for my daughter this past week, and I got on my treadmill for the first time in months on Friday night. I’ll be getting a guitar from a friend to start learning this week. Here’s to a sober 2021!!:blush::mega:

25 Likes

Day 212 clean and sober today. Feeling a little better today and hoping I can heal 100% by the 21st so I can return to work. It’s challenging not being allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds or go hiking etc. leaves a lot of time in my head which isn’t the best place for me lol. Each day down is another day closer to the end of this. I hope everyone has a great day, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

Day 101.
Wow, thank you SO much for the congrats, and especially for the support re: my FIL. I was in touch with my FIL’s doctor up here; I had messaged him (he’s one of the doc’s I work with) and he asked me to call him this morning, on a Sunday! I wish my doc was that great. He thinks FIL should not fly and looks like hubby will be driving to AZ to get him if/once he stabilizes (anyone want to be smuggled back into Canada on his way back? Just kidding). What a drive that will be by himself; looks like 35+ hour drive. Gotta see about getting letter to get across the border. Still pretty nervous and no update since yesterday, but it wasn’t looking good yesterday afternoon. I sure hope he stabilizes.

27 Likes

275 today. Not always easy but better for sure

25 Likes

Nice! I’m on my day 7 too after I relapsed again. Doing crochet projects and play guitar too, but I don’t see myself step into a threadmill. Have to think of how to exercise other than walk outside with my toddler.

Good luck on your journey!

12 Likes

My husband and I just watched that documentary, it was so inspiring! Cleaning/organizing and throwing shit away that you don’t need has been very helpful for my early sobriety! Like a true fresh start.

1 Like

I made it a month today :blush:

21 Likes

Just wondering, menno, do you have a bike trailer? Experiences? Recommendations?

Wow, huge congratulations on your first year and happy for your emotions. It’s so good let them out :pray::blush::sunflower:

2 Likes

Thanks for the msg. Amazing help in my life. Thank you so much… your notes and msg help me so much. 3 months clean today!

6 Likes

This is exactly why you’re so valuable to this community Eric. @Moonshadow. I hope you’re still here, i know i called bullshit on a post earlier too. I didn’t call it out to make you feel bad, I’m sorry if it did. It’s important for us to be able to call our own bullshit to stay sober. Stick around and keep trying… never fail the same way twice and eventually the only option will be success.

7 Likes

You made it Joseph! Be very proud. I am of you friend. Thanks for sharing you road. Like @CapriciousCapricorn says it’s good to be able to feel. No numbing ever again. Outstanding work, huge congrats!

6 Likes

@AmyBeth Good job fighting the good fight. Keep redirecting your thoughts ODAAT as while doing this you’re redirecting your life.
@Rockstar24777 Sending healing vibes your way bro.
@Salty Your FIL is in my thoughts and prayers as are you.
@jjcarson92 WHOOP WHOOP. Congratulations on your 1 year. Keep kicking ass at kicking ass.

208 days. Doing better at staying in the present and not isolating myself. Waiting to hear from my Dad as he met with the oncologist surgeon yesterday to discuss the embolization and follow up treatment. Took a call from my ex and despite being annoyed by his drunkenness I ended the call feeling awesome. His behaviour made me realize how far I really have come and how much I don’t miss that lifestyle. I don’t often answer his calls later in the day, as he’s usually hammered, but I think this one was a wake up call I needed. I might not be working and I might not own my house yet but I’m sober and inching closer to the longest stretch of sobriety since I started drinking. I need to acknowledge the huge accomplishment this really is and carry on ODAAT.

19 Likes

@Salty. Congratulations on hitting triple D’s again, real nice work🙃

1 Like

For me the Bob trailers are by far superior, except maybe the ones that use the same idea, one wheel in the back and mounted on the rear axle. Excellent riding properties. I used the most simple one, the yak, when I was a bike messenger. Now I have an ibex which has suspension which is luxurious but not really essential and makes the trailer heavier. Found it in the garbage ready to be taken away years ago. Crazy because it’s fully functioning and these things are bloody expensive. They are overprized I’d say, especially the spare parts are. A good metalworker could make one him- or herself. Makes having a car even less of a necessity. I love it.

8 Likes