Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Learning to deal with emotions that we used to drown out is really hard. Don’t underestimate the impact that has.

There are always things we could do differently. Sometimes in our urge to fix we forget that it’s ok to just feel. I know I do anyway. It helps me to remember that experiencing difficult feelings is part of healing too.

You can do it, you are doing it!

4 Likes

Checking in.

Shared this with some friends yesterday and sharing it again here. For me and anyone else that needs to hear this today!

quote-do-what-you-can

25 Likes

Day 190
Sobriety is still going ok, but still struggling with binging, screen use, lack of motivation. A lot of the excuses I used to drink, i.e. “last supper” consumption, etc, are still working for these bad habits too. And of course the negative cycle is the same too. I feel crappy, I do bad habits, I feel crappier, I do more bad habits.

28 Likes

Day 123 no meth. Every day I wake up feeling fine, and by evening i’m a mess. I have all the red flags. I want to do something drastic like run away and go stay at my folks, go abroad, go biking for a few days, something to take me away from this. I need to release some adrenaline or go on a road trip, I know that would sort me out :confused: But I feel trapped by a) gov rules b) corona and c) the weather… I don’t want any of these to be an excuse to use again. I’m gonna do another 3 hour walk today, it’s not enough but it’s something.

25 Likes

this, so many excuses at the moment, I wish I could reduce my screen time also, but I’m scratching my head thinking of things to do when my motivation is low. Hold on in there - 190 is incredible.

3 Likes

123 is not that far behind me! The thing is I have things I could/should do, just am being rubbish.

3 Likes

I feel ya on the feeling trapped stuff. Three hour walk sounds amazing! I can’t wait til the puppy is big enough to go on proper walks.

Hope the sun shines for you :sunflower: Or at least that it doesn’t rain too much :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes
  1. My five day weekend is here yay! Will do some chores today. And do some homework for tomorrow’s therapy group. And have a friend from high school over for dinner who I haven’t properly talked to for 40 years so that’ll be interesting. Not a great day outside (a grey one instead) so a good one for indoor activities. All sober and clean. It’s the base for a better life.
    Yes we still have to do the work. And yes I still don’t fee like doing it at times. Still, taking booze and drugs out of my life makes all the other stuff possible. I’d never do it if I was still under the influence. Very grateful for my sobriety. And all of you who helped me so much making it possible. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you all can. Love from Amsterdam and Texas, where my friend and her cat had to flee their cabin. Power’s out, no heating, no water for 2 days now. She drove, over icy roads, to stay with friends with a generator and a fireplace. Hope things will return to normal for her soon.
28 Likes

Day 449.

Mostly I think about drinking much less now. Sometimes it pops up. Sometimes i catch myself rationalizing and romanticizing it. I didn’t always drink a lot. Often, it was only a couple of drinks. I could have two beers. Not always but sometimes. My drinking was more moderate more often in the last few years than when I was younger. That’s not totally phony. But if I do, I’ll want it the next night too. I’ll be back to drinking every day and finding it unthinkable to have a night off. Today, I am not drinking. I’m glad to be here today. Stay connected everyone.

29 Likes

Sporting a cold today. Afraid to go in public because if I sneeze it will cause mass hysteria :joy:.

@Misokatsu Oh Fleur, I can wholeheartedly relate. It’s such a vicious cycle. We can’t just go without food forever, it’s an addiction that we have to control. We always sound so silly when we talk about moderation with alcohol, but yet it’s our only choice for food. It’s damn hard, so be kind to yourself :purple_heart:

29 Likes

Day 380. Hey everyone, so some good news that girl I was talking to finally messaged me back. With the help from a fellow ts member I was able to string up the right words and actually got her phone number and planning on a hike in the future.
I finally figured out my deadlifts, I’m setting up way to close to my bar and it was throwing everything off. So did a few sets again yesterday along with some squats and felt really good. Idk life is just beautiful man. None of this was me a year ago, it just feels amazing. So remember you are worth sobriety, you are amazing, you are healing even if you don’t feel it. You are, and you’re going to be so awesome. I love you all

33 Likes

Good morning friends - day 95! Slept fine last night - busy day ahead at work. I’m feeling a lot better after being sick on Saturday. All things looking up. Have a great day!

27 Likes

Double-dipping here… I figured out that the last time I had 95 days of sobriety was Dec 18, 2009! That was the start of my only long period of sobriety (5+ yrs)… I have been starting things over from scratch with my sponsor this time and trying to remain teachable. I have too much to lose if I screw this one up again.
Have a great day!

27 Likes

Checking in on day 9. I have been trying to take a break from my phone so that’s why I have not checked in. I’m feeling good just sluggish due to terrible eating and the winter blues. I have been working on building healthy daily habits. I’m going to introduce 3 small habits a week. This week I was working on drinking water, intermittent fasting and cutting back on screen time. I’ve actually done very well with it all. I was not able to catch up on everything I missed here but I did notice some big milestones and people like me who are back yet again. No matter what day we are on I do believe that we are a brave and determined group of people. I appreciate this place so much, and all of you give me so much hope and strength through your personal journies. Much love TS friends. Have a wonderful Wednesday. :+1::muscle::grinning::purple_heart:

28 Likes

Day 250 clean and sober today. Really had a horribly rough day yesterday but made it through with all of your help. Thank you so much for everyone who reached out to me, it made a world of difference. Have a great day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

29 Likes

Day 16 sober and starting Lent with the celebration of Ash Wednesday. I believe this special time is going to be a great boost to my recovery

25 Likes

Checking in on day 248, nothing much to report. I hope everyone has a great one!

26 Likes

It’s always a great day when @Nordique is around :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Checking in before work, day 45! Never thought I could get this far. That’s all I’ve got to report today! Have a great day everyone.

27 Likes

You’re making me blush! :joy:

I’m glad that girl messaged you back, keep us posted!

1 Like