Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Day 31 checking in for the the day.

30 Likes

I get that, you’re a welcome sista here though…:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We :green_heart: you, Fleur. I’ve struggled with the friendship aspect since I moved to a new place, whenever I met up with a new group I felt awkward and like things didn’t gel. It can be an alienating feeling. But I am glad you’re still going to socialize, it’s good to get out of the routine and home.

4 Likes

Fleur, I would have never thought you felt this way after watching how you interact with all of us. All I see is a beautiful, friendly, caring and selfless lady constantly helping others. There’s no doubt you would be missed around here if you disappeared. Stay strong my friend. Sending you a big hug. :hugs: :heart:

10 Likes

Day 130. Hanging on by a thread today. But I’m sober, and I will wake up sober in the morning. That just has to be enough for the day.

30 Likes

Luckily we have some really strong threads out there to hang onto… Enjoy your evening and we will see you tomorrow👊

5 Likes

That’s awesome. You are going to make a major impact on some people tonight. The puppy will be icing on the cake.

2 Likes

That’s very cool, Chad! I think you’ll be a big help to someone listening. :hugs:

3 Likes

Oh wow! What an adventure for you tonight. Full Circle, just being there will give people hope, hope they may not have walked in with.

3 Likes

Had a fine day!! Happy to be drinkless tonight. Reading so many great posts here!! Helps me “muchly”!! :joy::joy:

9 Likes

I was actually thinking about you yesterday. I was thinking I haven’t seen you around but then again I’ve been slacking in updating and catching up. Your defiantly not an outsider here. :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I’m glad your sober today too! It’s a fight that we all battle each day. I’m proud of ya! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

That’s the most important. You are sober. Everything else will work itself out. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Just a quick check in to say it’s Day 68!

25 Likes
  1. Today took some flat out recovery work that I would have much preferred to avoid if it were left up to my own will. Told a coworker to do it himself. I may have been a little dickish about it, but that’s progress for me. I then told work to fuck off while I went skiing with my son. So, that kicked ass. Then I made that call to my sponsor to discuss all the BS that has been going on at work and the fuckup I had to make amends for at home.
    I feel at peace. All my problems aren’t solved but I can take what comes tomorrow. With a lotta help, of course.
    Thanks for showing up and sharing your joys and struggles today. :heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart:
24 Likes

Sounds like a memory making kinda day!

1 Like

Checking in (which is rare, but I lurk!) at the end of Day 82. Hmm, next week that devilish 90. I have been here a few times before, but never with obvious health reasons to keep it going. We shall see - another doc appt tomorrow for yet another issue. I swear, my body has been a mess since I QUIT drinking. Shouldn’t I feel better??! Ugh. Just ugh.

29 Likes

It takes time! The alternative certainly won’t help it. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

It sucked! :laughing: But it built character. New lessons everyday!

3 Likes

:joy: I meant the skiing with your son. But I can relate to the work bit. I need to do that at my work.

3 Likes