Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

300 days today. I feel sober. That’s the difference. Before, I was just clean. But it took so much more than just not drinking. I’m still learning to live with life on life’s terms. But I have great people to share the ride

28 Likes

Congratulations on the big 300! :muscle:t3::tada:

Hey! That’s huge…congratulations! Glad to hear that you are working things out💛

1 Like

VagueFinishedBellsnake-max-1mb

Bye for now…

1 Like

@littlemisschatterbox, @MagicMama, @anon79808082, @RosaCanDo, @Lisa07, @Dragonflygirl82

That’s lovely of u all to say, I do feel a bit of an outsider on here too, tbh, not a veteran, not a newbie, not a selfie-poster, not a regular zoomer… but ur kind words make me try to see it differently. Really I need to work on accepting myself and being enough for myself. Kicking the booze is one thing, kicking the people-pleasing, over-reading sensitivity, is quite another.

20 Likes

@Harold Fabulous achievement!

Checking in on day 391.

Just woke up. Time for coffee and some breakfast!

I’m going to see my therapist at 10 this morning.
Glad I’ve got that in my life. Therapy.
I’m gratefull for that.
Very glad to have woken up sober this morning!

Hope you all have a good sober thursday!

21 Likes

All the best, you’ll do great! Congrats on all those days and keep on inspiring us.
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@Joy , @Mbwoman thank you very much for your encouragement!

4 Likes

Yeah, thanks, I’m starting to slowly get my balance back.
I hope you’re doing well!

4 Likes

Feeling like an outsider is because you are yourself Flo. Actually I feel the same. But please know you are much loved and respected for who you are and what you share. Part of your recovery yes. And kicking the booze is not the solution to our problems, but it is an absolute prerequisite to work on them. Hugs.

7 Likes

addc4874f7d16f6acd47a4d54f5266c76079e2aa43f0d6eacbcfd41b65322cab.0

21 Likes
  1. Coffee. Like @Jonachav123 it’s my therapy day and I’m looking forward to it a little bit more each week. Beginning to feel like a big part of my recovery and something I’ve been waiting to do for decades. Grateful to be sober and clean. Grateful to all of you who play such a huge role in my recovery. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam. Weather predictions are for some real winter in the coming week so here’s a pic of me skating a couple of years ago.
32 Likes

That picture looks great!
I wish it was that cold here in Belgium!

1 Like

@Mno
It’s from a few years ago. I overlooked that lol. Sorry!

1 Like

Looking so good! Sober, and healthy!

2 Likes

A thought you was trying to sleep mrs :thinking:

No need to worry about all that, just be you!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@mno Wise as always, thank you.

@BJM A rare post! I’m honoured!

2 Likes