Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Day 106.

Stupid recurring meth dreams, getting them every night now. At least I’m sleeping better atm tho. Only 2 weeks to go to set a new high score of sobriety… And I ain’t stopping there.

29 Likes

Day 216.
Some days are better than others – smoother, less turbulence, fewer hiccups and potholes. While others have more of 'em. Still, any day sober beats the alternative.
And we did another sober day, and we can do it again tomorrow – I know it.
G’night, big love to all. :orange_heart:

@Mbwoman never, ever, ever give up hope! for me, in early days, if I focused on my poor track record it just contributed to the shame story. let’s put that book on the shelf now - there’s a wayyyy better story you’ve already started to write, one day at a time!

@Dragonflygirl82 I don’t think I ever said I always love your check-ins. They just give me some :muscle: and some :facepunch: and some :heart: when I need it most. Thank you. :relaxed:

I’m late to a few parties too, from the previous thread…!

@RyanSA well well done on 30! Keep it going. It’s so good to have you back.

@Harold Happy Birthday! I hope you are smiling pretty huge! Sober birthdays are the best. Even better the next day! :laughing:

30 Likes

Day 65! Highlights of the weekend included baking baguettes for the first time, finishing Yoga with Adriene’s new 30 day yoga journey on youtube, getting some organizing done that I had been putting off, and starting to rewatch Stranger Things :sparkles:

24 Likes

Well all is ok. It’s weird. Little scary, but good ppl. Lots of drinking, smoking and shit like that. I hung out around everyone had some good laughs and just did my thing. No urges or anything. Came up now and heading to bed. Heading to the gym tomorrow and then will get started on my tattoo. Much love

25 Likes

Way to go Stella? D? Or CC? What am I calling ya? :rofl::rofl:
See ya tomorrow D :hugs:

5 Likes

@Dragonflygirl82, thank you for this… It hit home with me. “I allowed certain behaviors from others to rule me and take my identity. I lost my spirit my soul was sad and unfulfilled. My voice was silenced. Being sober has given that all back to me. I’m finally in charge. I’m in charge of my own happiness and my own peace.” Only it was my behavior.

5 Likes

I think I can remember that :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat and @Dolse71! I am now through month 1 and got to keep up willpower through February which will get harder. Hope you’re both well and have a great Monday x

5 Likes
  1. Coffee. Got the day off. Got to bike to the north of town a little bit to pick up my gift to my unofficial godchild who’s 12th birthday it is today but there’s snow around which has turned to ice rain which will turn to normal rain so not the best conditions for a bike ride or any outdoor activity for that matter. Looking for the best moment to go out there. Will find my window of opportunity. Sober and clean. So happy I found my moment to be just that. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you all can. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam where yesterday was a lovely winter’s day.
36 Likes

If you just keep doing what your doing it will get easier, there will be times when it crosses your mind but it’s just thoughts they don’t mean anything. One day at a time has got you to 1 month and there’s only 28 one days at a time in February. Easy :grin:

5 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn Yay Stella!!!
tenor

7 Likes

400 reasons to be happy, love it.
Apart from being named after my favourite drink I think your an amazing person :grin:Congratulations you deserve it :hugs:

8 Likes

Early morning check in with 120 days down and making today the best it can be.

16 Likes

I just passed 50 days. I think today is 52?!
I thought for sure I’d get to maybe 2 weeks and give in. Now that I’ve been sober for that long, going off course and giving into cravings would really upset me. I only really get cravings when I’m feeling bored or angry/depressed/frustrated.
I need to build up some coping mechanisms and start therapy.
Next goal - 2 months!

25 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Checking in day 140.

Yesterday I had the idea of drinking again. I hate this idea. But I’ve realized one thing: I rather live with the idea of drinking than all the down side that would come with drinking. I rather think about drinking than think about what I’ve done drunk and the consequences of my drinking. Of course don’t want to keep thinking about it, but if I’ve been thinking about it for 15 years everyday or so, I bet it’ll take more then 140 days to change that thinking habit.

Hope everyone is having a good day, I kind of miss the time when I was more on here but I know it’s better for me. Keeping myself busy with things I like and still checking in the forum everyday. I understand why people leave, but at the same time I don’t understand why not just stepping back a little while keeping this as a tool or a safeguard , especially if you’ve been building relationships. I guess it’s because we’re all “all or nothing” type of people !!
Good day guys!

31 Likes

Strong reminder that this takes time and is not an overnight adventure!

Day 29: Up again too early, muscles are uber sore from yesterdays workout ( must now start a thread on what to eat before and after workouts), and its Monday, start of the work week. But damn if I am not alert, feeling kickass awesome, and so proud of myself for making this change. My favorite part…my weekends actually seem long now. I am enjoying every minute versus being passed out for 1/2 of it! Winning!!

30 Likes

Just thought I’d mention, you shouldn’t be working out before a tattoo… Heres a quick read up… So give the gym a miss tomorrow :grinning: looking forward to seeing the tattoo!

3 Likes

Yay 400 !!! ,:trophy::tada::facepunch::+1::heart: nice work hun. Your doing amazing x

4 Likes

Good morning friends - day 79! Off to pick up my little booger (David) and take him to daycare - his mommy is not feeling well and I didn’t want her to have to get dressed, drive and all that stuff. She might take off from work so that means we get to pick him up later too!
Have a great day!

31 Likes

Woke up at 3:30 am, that’s always fun. Not on purpose :confused:. Day 215 I’ll do my happy dance after my coffee… lol. Im just so grateful that I’m still alive, trying not to fret over the small stuff and turning the big stuff over… Its a daily task 4 me. I hope everyone has a great day.

27 Likes