Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Simply stunning pic!

2 Likes

@anon60334405!!! D started the party early, and I’m all for it! You have been such a valued member and important part of my own recovery, I appreciate everything you’ve posted over the last year. Even when, maybe especially when, I was lurking and reading around the forum but not ready to engage, your posts really helped me to be more honest with myself and push through those walls I put up. I’m so proud of you on your year! :heartpulse:

7 Likes

7 days of sobriety! A whole week! :partying_face: The night sweats, daily migraines, and constant thirst finally stopped. I never want to go through that again.

36 Likes

Big huge congrats to you! You’ve gotten through some tough stuff, and you’re doing great! Keep going!

2 Likes

Congrats on 1 week! I always say the first week or two were by far the hardest for me. Keep up all the hard work, it will get better!

1 Like

Thank you @RosaCanDo! Reading everyone’s posts & comments this past week was incredibly helpful! :pray:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 1 month…:call_me_hand::partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Soundlab. I hope that was the hardest part, but I’m sure every day has its tough moments.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first week to a better you…:partying_face::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you @Kaeo and @Conor689908!

2 Likes

Day 382
I attempt to check in consistently and was trying to keep up with reading this thread. Finally caught up. I don’t reply to many milestones or offer up much advice. It’s not that i don’t care it’s more about if you want or need some advice or someone to listen just directly ask. I will gladly take the time. I am still nursing a sore throat. Been reading and praying, writing my gratitude. Taking time each day to strengthen healthy relationships. Keeping a nice balance has gotten hard while being sick, couple that with freezing temperatures -10C for days and pandemic, while lets just say Netflix gets extra appealing. God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

P.s. You are delightful and you deserve a big hug. Ya you!!

25 Likes

Most of us are far too intelligent for our own good, I still think I know something about recovery that my sponsor doesn’t but I don’t even know what it is. Now I just act dumb and try not to think too much. Turns out at the end of most days I don’t even have to act, I usually learn some lesson or other that I didn’t expect.

13 Likes

I know that feeling about being smarter than my sponsor. You see, I too am am addict. Finger guns
Keeping my mouth shut, biting my tongue, live and let live really seems to lessen the amount of bullshit that I have to clean up. Go figure.

8 Likes

Day 77 and moody as hell. :angry: The “just have a beer, you’ll feel better” thought has crossed my mind more than once. Grrr. Sigh. It’s not gonna happen though. :muscle: Hope you all are doing well!

23 Likes

Ooooh!! Sorry I’m late. Congratulations Girl!!! :+1::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Whoa - a lot going on today for my lunch time check-in! Feels like we should be taking the afternoon off for a little cake party!

@Eleven17- one week is huge. You’re doing it!

@MagicMama and @Singtone - Yay for 30 days down! One day at a time! I hope you are proud. :relaxed: I’m so glad you’re both sticking around. We’re all stronger together.

@Tryingtogetitright 200 days! Go you!

@anon60334405 big huge smile and deep respect for you and your ink-worthy milestone.

@siand now that’s the stuff of inspiration, as are you. :orange_heart:

Sadly, my employer doesn’t give time off to celebrate sober milestones. Could you imagine? every day another cake party!

24 Likes

Tired, but not drinking

14 Likes

18 sober days in a row!

16 Likes

Great job @FindingJesse!!!

1 Like

38 days… vaccine booster kicking my ass… but still better than being hungover.

22 Likes