Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Made it to day #17 :grin: feel like I’ve lost weight already, not consuming a whole lot of empty calories. Feeling great today. Have a good day everybody x

19 Likes

Day 267
The day that threatened to never end is gonna end in about 3 seconds! Yay!
I celebrate all of your milestones, and all of the just-another-day days too. Because all we really have is today - and we just did another one.
Proud of us. Grateful for you.
Let’s go see what sober fun lurks tomorrow!
G’night all - big love. :orange_heart:

27 Likes

I feel bad. Terrible.
Tired of all this covid crap! I want to drink. And drink. And pass out. Numb myself.
Yeah it’s one of those days…
Don’t know what to do.

20 Likes

Day 5 is over with for being nicotine free. I am a janitor and usually smoke between accounts we clean. I bought some tic tacs to keep in purse. I’m at work and finishing off with a big account that usually takes over 2 hours to clean for two of us and after mopping for 45 minutes I usually want a cigarette…so instead tonight I have tic tacs. Knowing that it’s very well doable just like maintaining my sobriety. Knowing that when I want a cigarette I remember the feeling of waking up from surgery and not being able to breathe because my lungs were getting real oxygen. So knowing I can do it just like many others has been keeping me going, even thru a bank levy and car issues I continued my day being cigarette free. Hoping after we get done with this account I canake it home without wanting a smoke.

24 Likes

We just passed a year since the first lockdown in the UK yesterday. It’s been such a long year!

What can you do today instead of drinking to take care of yourself? What do you like doing?

Take a walk/ run/ bike ride, have a cup of hot chocolate, cook your favourite meal, read a book, have a bath, call a friend… Whatever you need to bring a little spark of goodness to your day :sparkles:

You’ve got through 439 days, you can get through this one! :pray::sparkling_heart:

14 Likes
  1. Coffee. Sunshine. One more working day till a four day weekend yay! Going for a little urban hike with an old school mate first. It will be a pretty good day I think. I hope it will be for you all too friends. Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam where Luna wouldn’t allow me a nap after a long drive Monday. Not without pets and feeding that was.

@Jonachav123 You’re here. You know why. You know what not to do which is drink. Play your guitar, have a walk, talk to a friend. There are 100’s of things to do beside stupid drinking. Success.
    @Suzrene Big congrats on quitting smoking Suzanne! It’s a tough one to break but like you said it’s totally doable if you go by the basics of how to quit any addiction. All success! BTW, there’s a thread for those who quit nicotine. Not extremely active but some nice stories and tips to be found there. Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)
34 Likes

Thank you!
You have a lovely cat! I love cats.

2 Likes

Hi Paul,
I was such a daughter. I wish you strength! I cannot exactly comment on your making her food. For me it was probably not the best way. Depending on how old she is. But you can write me anytime.

Being sober in this situation is the only way to deal with it. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Day 415. I’m not sure how I’m feeling, I’m still pondering what I talked about yesterday. I went for a little ride with a friend and when I got back, my buddy asked me if I could help pick up his garage Sunday and like pointed to some of the mess that he and my other buddies left like I was the one who left it. I told him dude have u not been seeing me pick up my mess as soon as I’m done working on my bike, he was like well you left some soap and rags on the shelf. I said yeah because I figured we could all use it. Fuck man I forget how much alcohol ruins you as a person, and yet I’ll still sit here catching myself wondering if I’ll be able to have drinks ever again. I can’t lie, part of me does want to have drinks, let loose and just not care, that’s what the bike was for but even on the bike I use to drink so I catch myself saying how fun it would be to have some again. Which is fucking stupid, I’ve already got 3 fucking dwis so let’s think about drinking and driving. Plus the fact I see how alcohol makes my friends care about nothing but drinking once consumed. So why the fuck would I want to go back to that. It’s definitely time to step away from my friends, and get focused on working recovery again. I say that, let’s hope I can do it. My friends keep asking me to join their motorcycle club, it seems kind of cool but I’m probably going to pass, especially if I’m already having thoughts like I’ve been. I’m glad I’m far enough in my sobriety to catch this shit tho.

34 Likes

You can do it, Mike, work on recovery! You know that and seeing how your friends are under influence or after influence reflects how maybe you were under influence more than a year ago. It is so great to follow your story from fuck it all to, here I am with my new bike, me happy daughters. You know where you come from, you alone can know that. And you know how beautiful life can be w/o booze.

8 Likes

Checking in March 24 2021

3rd day complete woohoo :tada:
The coughing and chest hurting has subsided
I’m feeling myself again truck driving is going lovely as always as it’s my passion and what I love to do enjoying scenery enjoying the weather a state I do miss very much is Miami Florida I did not want to leave I’m entering Massachusetts now always thinking about you guys ! Congrats to everyone hitting milestones LET’S GOO

26 Likes

Yea, for sure.

5 Likes

Welcome to Massachusetts and enjoy your brief stay with us massholes!

4 Likes

You got this friend! Well you had it yesterday anyway :sunglasses: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :nerd_face:. That’s a joke. Proud of you Jenna. Proud of your friend too. Have a good day. Clean and sober. Hugs.

6 Likes

1 Like

Good morning friends - day 130! Slept like crap! I made sure not to drink too much coffee at my meeting - maybe 1 is too much. :frowning: I also didn’t take anything to aide my sleep (over the counter Unisom) as I thought it made me too groggy in the morning… Arrrrrrrgh! I did sleep most of the night, but woke up more than I am used to… I’ll survive this.

Today work should be a little busy as I have some regular Wednesday tasks that I have to jump on - and one thing due today I’ve been putting off… I hate when I do that.

Anyway, I’m sober, have a great wife and family, food in the fridge and gas in the cars, etc… I have so much to be happy and grateful for - my life is full of unmerited blessings!

Have an awesome day sober friends - we’re doing it!

29 Likes

960 days alcohol free. Woke up depressed. Angry and anxious all at the same time. Lovely. Happy humpday

29 Likes

Day 283 for me. Nothing new going on I’m just focusing on enjoying the little things that I never noticed or care about when I was drinking.

I hope everyone has a good one!

30 Likes

Day 606 Alcohol Free.

Started my morning in bed having my “conversation with god”. It’s usually a morning meeting with myself and my higher power where I get out (out loud) all of the thoughts in my head, but usually preceded with a list of gratitudes. I used to try to do everything on my own and wasn’t doing a good job but now I know that all things are possible through God and I always ask God to hold my hand through out the day. I ask God to be my strength, my courage, my will, my discipline, and every other character trait needed to get me through this journey. I don’t ask God for things, I ask God for strength and support :pray:t5: God has been there every step of the way.

Today, all I want is to remain consistent with working towards my goals in life and to be present and make the best choices Today that will be of benefit to my future. Now to get in the shower and get this day started.

Stay resilient my friends.

30 Likes

Day 242.3 Checking in
Feeling soooo lonely still its driving me mad. Motherhood has been the loneliest time of my life. At least my daughters dad rode bikes with me yesterday. That made me feel a little better but I still dont connect with him at all. Maybe because hes always higher than a kite and he never stops talking I can hardly get a sentence in.
I shouldn’t be complaining. I eat the best foods, I have shelter, I can buy things, and I am sober. But what are all those things worth when I have nobody to share them with? I am grateful for my daughter she makes it all worth it. I keep coming back to that.
Taking a 7 hour round trip to go visit grandma. Just me and grandpa I am driving him there and dropping him off and visiting grandma and driving home. I need to download a good audiobook or something. At least I wont be lonely today, sort of. Sorry for all my sad posts lately. Im gonna try to fix it. I know drinking isnt the answer. I know that much.

31 Likes